ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
oldx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
Great people you meet there. Well run event,perfect place to camp with permanent rest rooms,ect,ect. Route is pretty easy to follow.
oldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
Señor Squirrel
AKA TTDave

Oddometer: 222
I'll be going again this year.
Señor Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #18
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
We're going! 2 levels of riding = big or small bikes. I trucked there, camped and rode the piss out of a TE450 Husky. Legendary trails are accessed specifically for this event. The big bike route shared some of the logging roads - it was quite fun, very well organized and cool people.
Damnit! The voices in my head conspired and somehow I am paid up to ride this thing. What have I done?

I better get some better gear....

For those who went last year, were you able to get any sleep at the fairgrounds? Any camp fires there?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 718
how often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy All,

I'll be there again this year, also doing the preride to verify the "C and B" course to make sure this thing can get between the trees., LOTS of FUN.
does an LEO pull you over to see if that thing is legal?

It's name fits its looks. I like it

StoneAge
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeMan
does an LEO pull you over to see if that thing is legal?

It's name fits its looks. I like it

StoneAge
Howdy Steve,

Its legal, well kinda, maybe, it has a DOT headlight, brake and tail lights, my arms still work for turn signals, horn what's a horn.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #21
TourPros
Local wherever I go

Oddometer: 2,043
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am hoping that the stars align and the riding gods approve so my bike can be up and going for this.

Sorry Fish (not really )
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Im planning on riding the 610 on the "B" trail, at least 1 day...or maybe I will sign up for 2 and live to regret it

Im just going to follow oldmonkeybut around since he knows all about roll chart wizardry.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #23
mtbdemon OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
Well I'm all signed up so perhaps I too can follow someone with a roll chart thingy ma bobby...I'm riding there and camping so I hope they have good showers!!!
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
Señor Squirrel
AKA TTDave

Oddometer: 222
Hey Fishy!!!

I don't remember a camp fire but there is lots of hanging out, beverages, sharing food and stories after the ride!!! I will be riding the big DR this Black Dog, you are welcome to join me and whoever else we can find.

Tom and crew put on a first class event. You plan on riding the little blue beast???? Convince Peterman to join in with his new green machine!!!!
Señor Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #25
TourPros
Local wherever I go

Any Excuse

I am open to hosting a BBQ with some Watermelon Slushies (Watermelon, blender, ice, vodka, fresh mint leaves) for those coming into The Hood for the event. Not far from event site (You can see it from my backyard)...
Old 04-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
TourPros
Local wherever I go

High School Co Pilot

It appears that a good buddy from High School is gonna bring up his DRZ400 from Malibu and entering the Black Dog as well. I have done some CRAZY pavement and dirt antics with this guys and it will be good to see him here in the Hood. I guess the pressure is on to get the Big 6 going even sooner as my local partner in crime wants to join as well on his DR350. I think the B (moderate) will be the one we all sign on to as some arent comfy with the idea of the A or AA (next year I guess).
Old 04-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #27
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
Is there a AA course? The flyer only shows A, B, and C? I'm thinking of doing the A on the XRR with 80/20 dual sport tires, but I would put knobbies on for an AA course!? They say if it rains, we have to run B course anyway? Arre any of these the same roads we ran in the Mt Hood rally?

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
TourPros
Local wherever I go

From the site

Course descriptions for our events Note: this is assuming dry weather conditions. Inclement weather or fire danger will dictate probably running only B or C courses, so as not to damage trails. Letter designations are in key with typical AMA enduro class descriptions.
AA: VERY DIFFICULT [extremely advanced] - sophisticated and complex trails that are only passable by a real dirt bike. Extreme uphills/downhills and trials-like sections, which require lower gearing. Aggressive knobbies required.
A: DIFFICULT [advanced] - plenty of challenging trail that requires advanced trail techniques. Aggressive knobbies highly suggested.
B: MODERATE [normal] - moderate or mild trail skills required. Larger single-cylinder or two-up bikes should easily traverse these sections. Generally passable by an advanced Jeep/driver combo. Regular dualsport tires are acceptable.
C: EASY [very easy] - practically no trail. Mostly gravel road. Passable by large 2-cylinder bikes, two-up, sidecars or most any 4-wheel drive. Regular dualsport tires are acceptable.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #29
TourPros
Local wherever I go

Hmmm

While I know the difference of Dual Sport and Adventure of course. How big does the difference pertain to this event as I see when you register it asks which you will be participating in.

And I gotta say the guys on this site are AMAZING. Was just offered a 2000 KTM 400 to use for the event should the Bix Six not be back on his knobbies in time (Incredible TT)!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #30
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 718
Great ride!

I'll be there again this year. On my Ural some but also my new wr250r

Tom puts on a great ride, it's well organized, he's got friends in the area.

Don't let anybody mess it up!

StoneAge
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote