ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #91
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazekan
Where were you this past weekend!?

You didn't miss much

HA! I know what that road leads to - You guys got the best campsite in the area - nice

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #92
mtbdemon OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
HA! I know what that road leads to - You guys got the best campsite in the area - nice
Are you stud muffins from Giant Loop going to have product at this event? I would love to check out more of your stuff!
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #93
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,522
What do you want to see? I have a couple of their bags and you are welcome to check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon
Are you stud muffins from Giant Loop going to have product at this event? I would love to check out more of your stuff!
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #94
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
I bet you could lead some good rides in that area..................but not so sure if I could follow you w/o getting my assed kicked

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #95
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash
I bet you could lead some good rides in that area..................but not so sure if I could follow you w/o getting my assed kicked
I bet he knows some "interesting" trails
Old 05-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #96
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 733
gps route

anyone that's run the blackdog before know if Tom makes available GPS route/track?
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #97
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker
anyone that's run the blackdog before know if Tom makes available GPS route/track?
Howdy dvwalker,

Having a GPS route or track would take all the fun out of this type of rally, its the skill of using the roll chart, keeping track of miles covered so your sure of where you are that makes this type of rally a challenge, its NOT a race but if you get lost you will come in last.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #98
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy dvwalker,

Having a GPS route or track would take all the fun out of this type of rally, its the skill of using the roll chart, keeping track of miles covered so your sure of where you are that makes this type of rally a challenge, its NOT a race but if you get lost you will come in last.
Fellow inmate, did you just say roll chart and fun iin the same sentance? Are you still watching movies on a VHS?
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #99
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Fellow inmate, did you just say roll chart and fun iin the same sentance? Are you still watching movies on a VHS?
Jackazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #100
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,166
There is NO TIME for VHS movies when one would rather be adventuring on a Ural.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #101
Mr. Cob

Thumb An example of what you need to ride in the "Black Dog" for navigation use.

Howdy All,

This is what you need to navigate the Black Dog, rally. The GPS is NOT needed but is handy. To the left of the GPS is a "Trail-Tech" rally motorcycle computer, it keeps track of speed and distance in 1/100 of a mile that makes keeping track of where you are in relation to the Roll Chart easy, the Roll Chart holder is mounted below the computer. One of the great things about the Trail Tech computer is that you can adjust the odometer in 1/10 of a mile, UP or DOWN, that way you can do a mini-reset and keep your odometer reading VERY close to the Roll Chart, even a small error can over time really throw you off. Mount your Roll Chart holder so that you can operate it with your LEFT hand, that leaves your RIGHT hand free to operate the throttle.

As you can see in this photo, the Roll Chart has mileage marked in 1/100 of a mile, you can get by with an odometer that reads in 1/10 of a mile but having one that reads in 1/100 will make the job of navigation much easier.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #102
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Howdy dvwalker,

Yes, I still watch movies on VHS, still have a WORKING cam-corder that uses that HUGE old media. That being said I have recently shot my POS pc and am now a Mac user and watch most movies on DVD. To ride the Black Dog, you will NEED to follow the roll chart that is provided.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #103
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby
I bet he knows some "interesting" trails

That's what I was thinking

I think I'm registered, at least somebody that has a name kinda like mine is

Quote:
the skill of using the roll chart, keeping track of miles covered so your sure of where you are that makes this type of rally a challenge, its NOT a race but if you get lost you will come in last.
New to a roll chart (I just got one) and with a Canadian bike that reads in kilometers...................I am so fucked

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #104
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,985
Quote:
Howdy All,

This is what you need to navigate the Black Dog, rally. The GPS is NOT needed but is handy. To the left of the GPS is a "Trail-Tech" rally motorcycle computer, it keeps track of speed and distance in 1/100 of a mile that makes keeping track of where you are in relation to the Roll Chart easy, the Roll Chart holder is mounted below the computer. One of the great things about the Trail Tech computer is that you can adjust the odometer in 1/10 of a mile, UP or DOWN, that way you can do a mini-reset and keep your odometer reading VERY close to the Roll Chart, even a small error can over time really throw you off. Mount your Roll Chart holder so that you can operate it with your LEFT hand, that leaves your RIGHT hand free to operate the throttle.

As you can see in this photo, the Roll Chart has mileage marked in 1/100 of a mile, you can get by with an odometer that reads in 1/10 of a mile but having one that reads in 1/100 will make the job of navigation much easier.

Hey Cobby,
thanks for that, some of us have no inkling of rollcharts and such things.
Your input helps me make sense of how all this stuff comes together, having missed turns due to inaccurate odometer/ related to tire size changes in my past, if that makes sense. Cool! thanks!
I like it when I finally 'get it',
Oh,, and ,,
show 'em how it's done Mr. Cob!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #105
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,522
Hi Mr. Cobb, nice looking outfit, looking forward to a closer look at that beast.
Don't let the trees steal your keys... you never know who might bribe them, just sayin...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote