ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #31
CallMeBuzz
Bad as can

Oddometer: 548
I'll see you there. Pretty sure we'll be taking the adventure route from Southington. It's about 90% trails from here. Ends up being a 60-70 mile round trip. Other riders are welcome to join us. You'll need a street plate for this ride. I'll probably start a new thread when we lock it in.
CallMeBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #32
A.J. OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Hey guys just checking in to see if anyone is up for a ride on monday.(5/10)
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #33
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Hey guys,
If I went to Thomaston dam w/ my son ( PW80 ) would I get ticketed for his bike? I am plated on my DRZ. I read somewhere that they wouldn't ticket me but I cant think this is true! His bike is not registered for the street obviously. Is it worth registering through DMV? I think then I might have to pay sales tax?????? And would that let him in anyways and if so would it let him ride State parks like Cockoponset and Patchaug/
Thanks!
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #34
V8
?

Oddometer: 9,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal
Hey guys,
If I went to Thomaston dam w/ my son ( PW80 ) would I get ticketed for his bike? I am plated on my DRZ. I read somewhere that they wouldn't ticket me but I cant think this is true! His bike is not registered for the street obviously. Is it worth registering through DMV? I think then I might have to pay sales tax?????? And would that let him in anyways and if so would it let him ride State parks like Cockoponset and Patchaug/
Thanks!
Technically your sons bike can get ticketed at Thomaston. I used to ride my DRZ400E there years ago. I would get a $20 Mass Off road bike plate to ride in Mass and it was legal at Thomaston ( at the time,2000-2004 ).
Now I am pretty sure that you need a CT off road plate at the Dam.I was never stopped at the Dam even when I lost my plate and rode there. I was told by other riders that some weekends $75 tickets were flying around like confetti .I'm sure the fine went up.And you prob. have to pay taxes if you get a plate.
More info: http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/tmd/tmdrec.htm

V8 screwed with this post 05-08-2010 at 10:25 PM
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #35
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,727
Just bought a cheapo trailer from Lowe's to take the kid's to Thomaston. I have to register my son's and niece's bikes for Thomaston and I'll admit I am not too happy about having to pay property tax on bike's I've owned for more than a few years now. Then again if you consider that places like rocky hill charge you $35 per person, per day to ride, paying tax on a less than $1K bike as the price of admission doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway, happy seal give me a holler whenever you think you might be doing a Thomaston run with your son. I'll bring up the kid's and their bikes once I get the trailer registered.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #36
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 595
Make sure when you register the OR bikes you put a bill of sale price of like $400.

Screw the state trying to collect tax on fuckin motor toys. Fuckers. One thing that really pisses me off. I buy the bike, pay sales tax, then I pay tax again every fuckin year. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

I like to fuck DMV and the state in any way possible. Come and get me.

Ride on :)
hahaha
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #37
Happy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusFriedel
Just bought a cheapo trailer from Lowe's to take the kid's to Thomaston. I have to register my son's and niece's bikes for Thomaston and I'll admit I am not too happy about having to pay property tax on bike's I've owned for more than a few years now. Then again if you consider that places like rocky hill charge you $35 per person, per day to ride, paying tax on a less than $1K bike as the price of admission doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway, happy seal give me a holler whenever you think you might be doing a Thomaston run with your son. I'll bring up the kid's and their bikes once I get the trailer registered.
Cool, I just got risers in the mail for the DRZ. Cant wait to get them in and try them. Is your vehicle safe when you park for a while?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #38
Happy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry
Make sure when you register the OR bikes you put a bill of sale price of like $400.

Screw the state trying to collect tax on fuckin motor toys. Fuckers. One thing that really pisses me off. I buy the bike, pay sales tax, then I pay tax again every fuckin year. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

I like to fuck DMV and the state in any way possible. Come and get me.

Ride on :)
hahaha
Pay $10.00 now or $75.00 when you get the ticket! I'll give em the $10.00 now and save the money and most of all the piece of mind when I ride. I know it does suck but I'de rather have it suck less!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #39
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

I agree with you - I am registered, I just think it's all HORSE SHIT! hahaa
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #40
DariusFriedel
Slicker than an M59

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal
Cool, I just got risers in the mail for the DRZ. Cant wait to get them in and try them. Is your vehicle safe when you park for a while?
Yeah leaving the vehicle should be fine. There are two places to park: down below there are a couple dirt lots and up above on the pavement. Seems to always be riders sitting around resting in both areas so no one will mess with your vehicle. Plus, with the kids along you'll probably be back up at the car every half hour anyway.

If it wasn't for all the rocks, roots, trees, hills, mud, ruts, logs, sand, and lack of tar, I'd be a damn good off-road rider!

Darius on Dirt
DariusFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #41
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Going to ride the Thomaston area today if anyone's interested.. Will probably stop at the dam...
Old 05-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
Happy Seal

Anybody riding tomorrow?
Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #43
AugustFalcon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
I was thinking about going up to Pachaug tomorrow after the Formula One race is over. Doesn't have to be there, can be anywhere legal and not hero stuff.

04 BMW R1100S
02 KTM 250 Exc Racing

SmugMug referral code: jXF8ohDWlTm56
AugustFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #44
Happy Seal

I'de probably go with ya. Riding a DRZ S plated. I'll check thread in the morning!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #45
AugustFalcon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Looks like I'm going to go to Pachaug today! First real dirt ride since my bike broke in Sept last year.

Happy Seal... you wanna meet somewhere.

Me: KTM, Vermont Tag, Blue & White BMW clown suit with Black on-road helmet...

04 BMW R1100S
02 KTM 250 Exc Racing

SmugMug referral code: jXF8ohDWlTm56
AugustFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote