Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #46
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot
After the puncture, continue to ride it for a bit. It should come off the bead.
YOU ride up the fookin' hill I was stuck on with a flat tire!!

I was in a group of riders and we stopped for a second because a guy in front of me decided his bike needed a nap. While he was waking it up, the guy behind me noticed my tire was flat. It was also a pretty rocky hill so I really didn't want to go slamming the rear wheel with a flat tire.

But normally, yeah, I'd agree with you.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #47
Apostolos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391

Heidenau K60s finally came in. MotoAmore was great to do business with.

I got the 140/80 rear since the 150 won't be in stock for (nobody knows how long). I'll get them mounted/balanced and aligned this week. The entire process will take me a few hours.

I can't wait to hit the trails.

God Bless,
David
Apostolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #48
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolos

Heidenau K60s finally came in. MotoAmore was great to do business with.

I got the 140/80 rear since the 150 won't be in stock for (nobody knows how long). I'll get them mounted/balanced and aligned this week. The entire process will take me a few hours.

I can't wait to hit the trails.

God Bless,
David

Yes!!

I'll be getting my 140/80-17 and 90/90-21 K60's next week.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #49
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,283
we are getting our second rear 140 soon...that will complete our 2 sets...ordered another 2 pairs for the future...they are due in a few weeks!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #50
Chiccoadv
sleeper

Oddometer: 18
Someone could help me, to find a dealer, for k60 that can send it, also outside his country?
I have e mail address in Uk, they are fast to send the order, but at the moment they can provide to send me only the front, but I need both. In Italy its the same situation, its easy find the front only..
Chiccoadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:33 AM   #51
raider
Big red dog

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiccoadv
Someone could help me, to find a dealer, for k60 that can send it, also outside his country?
I have e mail address in Uk, they are fast to send the order, but at the moment they can provide to send me only the front, but I need both. In Italy its the same situation, its easy find the front only..
Nobody can get 150/70 rears at the moment. Ask for a 140/80 instead.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #52
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,542
What difference am I going to notice using a 140/80 vs a 150/70? I know that it is slightly narrower and slightly taller. Will the speedo be off further than it already is?

And lastly, do you need to bother to balance these?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #53
Apostolos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_
What difference am I going to notice using a 140/80 vs a 150/70? I know that it is slightly narrower and slightly taller. Will the speedo be off further than it already is?
I'll let you know what difference I notice once I get mine mounted. I'm just waiting on my wheel weights to come in.

Quote:
Many will probably say it doesn't matter, but my OCD tends to disagree. I balance and align all tires that I mount if they are going to be ridden on pavement also.

God Bless,
David
Apostolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #54
raider
Big red dog

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_

My dealer (yes, I shop-fit my tyres...) simply couldn't balance the rear 140/80. It seems to have a couple of heavy spots and countering them involved so much weight, we gave up. No dramas to note yet in my 45-minute commute (including freeway), but haven't done a long trip yet.

The front TKC80 balanced as normal.

As for differences - I came straight off the Anakees (OEM sizes) onto a TKC80 front / 140/80 K60 rear combo. No appreciable change in speedo error as compared to the GPS.

First thoughts (compared to Anakee):
-more stable, "on centre" steering feel (less immediate response to minor steering input, probably due the TKC front)
-faster turn-in
-marked "tipping" sensation when transitioning from centre tread to shoulders of tyre
-no evidence of wear right to the edges of the rear K60, but then, also a "funny" feel to them when cranked over that limits my cornering speed
-no problems in the wet, although I was riding like a pansy 'cos they were brand new
-no noticeable vibration or lumpiness, even at low speed
-slightly more peg and bar vibration
-very noticeable, but small, increase in gearing (to the point I'd consider +1 or +2 on the rear sprocket). On road, this taller gearing actually seems to suit the bike better, but it would suck off road. This is almost certainly down to the +1" diameter the fresh 140/80 gives the rear wheel, should get better as tyre wears.
-no change in stability at 130km/h, but this is as far as I can go if I want to retain a license
Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #55
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,283
I know I read somewhere what mileage folks are getting out of these tires...but can someone post your experience again? We are not hard on our tires I would like to think...we are doing more off pavement than we first thought when we got these bikes...so any idea of longevity would be great! Thanks!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #56
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_

The 140/80 will be slightly taller, making the outer diameter of the whole wheel slightly larger, and therefore make the rear wheel roll slightly slower.... Will the computer notice this slight difference? Yes. Will you? No.

As far as balancing goes, it doesn't get any better than Dyna Beads. I've been using them for 3 years now. IMO they are light years better than lead weights. They make the ride smooth as glass. Here's how they work:
Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #57
The Griz
North Forest Rider

How to install:

Hand pump technique (the way I use):

Air compressor technique:

Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #58
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9
I know I read somewhere what mileage folks are getting out of these tires...but can someone post your experience again? We are not hard on our tires I would like to think...we are doing more off pavement than we first thought when we got these bikes...so any idea of longevity would be great! Thanks!
I've got about 5,00 miles on my rear and it's about 1/2 worn. Maybe a little more. I'll easily get another 4,000 out of it. Fwiw, it's a 150.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #59
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_

I've been running the 140 Heidenau now for three weeks and can't really see or tell any difference. As for the front compared to the TKC? Night and day, brother. Night and day. The loose front end is GONE!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #60
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
I've got a little over8,000 miles on mine and am down to 3/32 tread left in the center of the rear tire on my 658. The front has a lot of tread but is starting to wear out more like a knobby when its 3/4 done. I think i got less wear than woodworks because of the narrower rims on the 658 than the 8, so you guys with the8 might see mileage compareable to him withthe 140
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote