Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #886
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
I'm wondering what we'd hear if someone called over to Germany and asked???
Who is this "someone," anyway?

Fred

FredRydr screwed with this post 05-07-2011 at 07:29 AM
FredRydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #887
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Email + Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Who is this "someone," anyway?

Fred
Email sent @ http://www.reifenwerk-heidenau.de/mo...ktformular.htm
I will call them on Monday and revert back.
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #888
McBoab
Fast side of farty

Oddometer: 276
I emailed the factory last week and this is the reply
"the K60 Scout in 150/70-17 is not yet available.

The tire is still being tested. At the moment we can not tell you when the

tire will be at sales."

but they did add they would email me when it is available.
McBoab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #889
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,779
unobtainium.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #890
BordenBmw
TheFrenchRider

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
unobtainium.
Kryptonite
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #891
The Griz
North Forest Rider

It's almost hilarious how someone could claim that it would take this long to design and test a tire.

Michelin, Kenda, Continental, Metzeler, and virtually all of the other motorcycle tire manufacturers bring multiple tires to market in a fraction of the time it is taking Heidenau to bring one to market. It's a laugh.

I will not purchase another Heidenau on this principle. They're designing a motorcycle tire here not the fucking international space station!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #892
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
It's almost hilarious how someone could claim that it would take this long to design and test a tire.

Michelin, Kenda, Continental, Metzeler, and virtually all of the other motorcycle tire manufacturers bring multiple tires to market in a fraction of the time it is taking Heidenau to bring one to market. It's a laugh.

I will not purchase another Heidenau on this principle. They're designing a motorcycle tire here not the fucking international space station!
good more for us to buy
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #893
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
good more for us to buy
Cheers.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #894
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
This mass confusion is pissing me off.

I was at 2nd Gear Motorsport Depot in Vancouver BC and they said the 150/70 - 17 tires are on the boat in the container and at sea in transit, due date late May in TO and early June Vancouver. So yet another contradictory response. Some say yes, some say no.

Heidenau are retarded that they haven't got product out yet. They are Germans for Christs sake!!!! Where is the much vaunted German efficiency. AARRGHHHHHH
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #895
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:

Michelin, Kenda, Continental, Metzeler, and virtually all of the other motorcycle tire manufacturers bring multiple tires to market in a fraction of the time it is taking Heidenau to bring one to market.
I can't recall any other tire manufacturer having this much hype and anticipation surrounding the release of a new model. In fact, perhaps other than a sportbike tire here or there (the Dunlop Qualifyer comes to mind...released a couple years ago) I can't recall anyone knowing much of anything about a new tire model before it was released. Ergo, I don't think anyone here actually knows how long it takes a major manufacturer to actually design and test a tire. I could be wrong, but I suspect what we're seeing with this new model isn't actually any different than any other new tire--we just happen to be aware of it this time.

It sounds to me like Heidenau doesn't have the manufacturing or R&D capability to follow up being cleaned out by the huge [internet hyped] surge last summer. Considering the world economy and the volatility of internet opinion, I think its a safe move for them to avoid dramatic upscaling.
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #896
Apostolos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
I paid 181.00 dollars (with shipping) for a new k60 scout 140/80 directly from Moto-Amore. I should have searched around because I'm sure I could have found it for a few bucks cheaper. I've just always ordered my tires directly from John at Moto Amore.

The tire tread depth on a new k60 scout 140/80 is 11mm. I've burned off 4mm in 2000 miles.

My old k60 ran about 6000 miles before it was down to the wear bars and useless off road. This new k60 scout doesn't seem like it will last as long. If I don't get at least 6k miles of use out of it, I'll have to try other tires.

Unless I can find it significantly cheaper because $181 is unreasonable based on market prices of other comparable brands.

The K60 is a very good 50/50 tire, probably one of the better ones available, but I think it's overpriced. I can't imagine what the price will be for the 150/70 if it ever comes out, since the hype surrounding that tire is in the stratosphere.

God bless,
David
Apostolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #897
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 918
Pump it up enough on the Weeb and you can sell out the entire year's run before they're even out of the moulds. Keep waitin' on those 150's, boys; leaves more 140s for the rest of us
sturgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #898
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr140 View Post
I can't recall any other tire manufacturer having this much hype and anticipation surrounding the release of a new model. In fact, perhaps other than a sportbike tire here or there (the Dunlop Qualifyer comes to mind...released a couple years ago) I can't recall anyone knowing much of anything about a new tire model before it was released. Ergo, I don't think anyone here actually knows how long it takes a major manufacturer to actually design and test a tire. I could be wrong, but I suspect what we're seeing with this new model isn't actually any different than any other new tire--we just happen to be aware of it this time.
It does not take the major brands (especially Michelin, Continental, Metzeler) anywhere near as long to design, test, and bring a tire to market. I do happen to know this unfortunately. The reason it does not take them as long is due to your second point below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr140 View Post
It sounds to me like Heidenau doesn't have the manufacturing or R&D capability to follow up being cleaned out by the huge [internet hyped] surge last summer. Considering the world economy and the volatility of internet opinion, I think its a safe move for them to avoid dramatic upscaling.
Exactly. Which is understandable. However, what urks me so bad about Heidenau is how they are handling it. It is fairly obvious that Heidenau HQ in Germany is telling dealers one thing and doing something something completely different. As in telling dealers that the 150 will be available at a certain time or even going so far as to say it is available when it actually isn't. Either that or all of the US dealers are making up shit. Either way, it's horrible business. If they aren't capable of entering a market correctly then they shouldn't enter the market in the first place. As in the USA.

Take the Kenda Big Block for example. It was designed, tested, announced, distributed, and sold. Period. No shortage and great execution on Kenda's part. Heidenau should watch Kenda and take notes.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #899
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
Keep waitin' on those 150's, boys; leaves more 140s for the rest of us
...and I'll be riding around on round 150/70-17 Big Blocks or TKC80's while ya'll are riding around on squared-off 140/80-17 K60's!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #900
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,294
oh Griz.....
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote