User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #901
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Heidenau Export Manager

Q: Long awaiting for the K-60 150/70/17 \"Scout\" to fit my BMW F800GS, I am very curious of when this tire will be available.
A: We hope we can start a new production end of May, delivery in June.

Q:
Is that mean that you already produced some and they have been dispatched? Are they available in Germany?
A: No, the first production will be start end of the month, there are no tires available in Europe.

I hope this clarifies gossips and speculations. I will call him later today to confirm the information.
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #902
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
...and I'll be riding around on round 150/70-17 Big Blocks or TKC80's while ya'll are riding around on squared-off 140/80-17 K60's!
Still haven't dipped into that get-laid fund yet, eh?
sturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #903
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Call Export manager

Quote: "Some tires with the new design were manufactured and dispatched to SA and to a few other test riders.
They will start production by the end of May and should be available worldwide in June."

What else to say, the guy was driving so I didn't wanted to bother him any longer.
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #904
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
He still hasen't filed the corners off his head to round it off either!
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #905
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
He still hasen't filed the corners off his head to round it off either!
I'm not quite sure I'm the one who's not getting laid, given Sturgeon's "more 140's for me statement" and Huck's addiction to dropping into threads and posting nothing but troll speak. I think we need to start a get Sturgeon/Huck/and possibly Woodworks (given he's the one whole started this who "get Griz laid" thing in the first place) laid fund instead.

PS getting laid when you were in your 30's once doesn't count as "getting laid" as of late.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #906
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 922
Touched a bit of a nerve there, did we?
sturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #907
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
Touched a bit of a nerve there, did we?
With you probably, yes. Why would a guy come dropping into a thread speaking about getting laid and cracking jokes about others supposedly not getting laid if that guy in fact was not getting laid?

Exactly.

Anyway, back to the tire discussion. I think we're all done hearing you old farts whine about private parts.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #908
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambi View Post
Quote:...
Thank you, Cambi. Much appreciated!

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #909
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
To add to the confusion an email from a dealer today stated that his 150's will be shipping from the East Coast of the USA at the end of next week. We will see
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #910
lm002e
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see. It would be nice though...
2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
lm002e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #911
raider
Big red dog

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
However, what urks me so bad about Heidenau is how they are handling it. It is fairly obvious that Heidenau HQ in Germany is telling dealers one thing and doing something something completely different. As in telling dealers that the 150 will be available at a certain time or even going so far as to say it is available when it actually isn't. Either that or all of the US dealers are making up shit. Either way, it's horrible business. If they aren't capable of entering a market correctly then they shouldn't enter the market in the first place. As in the USA.
Griz, you're blaming the cow for the milkman delivering you sour milk.

The problem of "whensitcoming whensitcoming whensitcoming" seems to be a North American one only. Note almost no European, Asian or Australian contributors to this topic joining in the "I emailed some guy called Billy who works at a shop that once sold a Heidenau tyre, and he said his uncle's best mate went to Germany and passed out in a taxi after Oktoberfest, and when he woke up there was a secret memo from Heidenau stapled to his forehead saying that this one pissant North American supplier no one at the factory has heard of before, will be getting new stock on Tuesday. But to get in on that you have to call up and cluck like a chicken as soon as they pick up."

If your US dealers are making promises they can't keep, then that's their problem, not Heidenau's. My local dealers tell me "not available. Order something else."

Further, complaints about "they shouldn't service the US market!" are ridiculous: they don't! Heidenau are privately imported to the USA by a bunch of dealers including Moto Amore, in response to intense internet interest largely fuelled by forums like this one. Heidenau don't now, and never have, had an official company presence in the USA.

If you like riding on different hoops, good for you, but is it necessary to come in here and heap scorn on a company you've never dealt with and riders you've never met?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #912
lm002e
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:

The problem of "whensitcoming whensitcoming whensitcoming" seems to be a North American one only. Note almost no European, Asian or Australian contributors to this topic joining in the "I emailed some guy called Billy who works at a shop that once sold a Heidenau tyre, and he said his uncle's best mate went to Germany and passed out in a taxi after Oktoberfest, and when he woke up there was a secret memo from Heidenau stapled to his forehead saying that this one pissant North American supplier no one at the factory has heard of before, will be getting new stock on Tuesday. But to get in on that you have to call up and cluck like a chicken as soon as they pick up."

If your US dealers are making promises they can't keep, then that's their problem, not Heidenau's. My local dealers tell me "not available. Order something else."

Further, complaints about "they shouldn't service the US market!" are ridiculous: they don't! Heidenau are privately imported to the USA by a bunch of dealers including Moto Amore, in response to intense internet interest largely fuelled by forums like this one. Heidenau don't now, and never have, had an official company presence in the USA.

If you like riding on different hoops, good for you, but is it necessary to come in here and heap scorn on a company you've never dealt with and riders you've never met?
Very well said, and hilarious, too!
2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
lm002e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #913
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Heidenau surely deserves some scorn. Tough you don't like it. This is a forum for gods sake and we can speculate and scorn as we wish. They should have very clear availability and information on their website. They say the tire is distributable. They have been made aware there is lots of interest. So why are they keeping us in an information vacuum. All we have are extracts of phone calls, emails and dealers yakking. Where the hell is the official communication. Post it as news on the Heidenau website!

German efficiency???? Do we need Enigma to figure everything out? Post it in German if necessary, Ich spreche ein bischen...
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #914
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by raider View Post

Moto Amore is THE U.S. Distributor of Heidenau tires.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #915
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:

Moto Amore is Heidenau USA and the chief Heidenau distributor in North America. Heidenau sure as hell has an official company presence in the USA.

Quote:
I've dealt with Heidenau. I have a set on my bike right now. I've also dealt with Heidenau USA/Moto Amore and 4-5 other Heidenau dealers in the States.

The Griz screwed with this post 05-10-2011 at 08:46 PM Reason: Ride2Little can't deal with a wee bit of exaggeration. Oops, that exaggeration too. Sorry Ride2Little.