Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #5461
Hochtouren
Improve until broken

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Sharp looking bike ! How are you liking the Wings exhaust? Those are on my list of things to do.

Last night I installed the Black Dog skid plate and side stand relocator and today I'm ordering the crash guards and the part to relocate the right mirror. Just about ready to let the girl dig her toes into the dirt.
Exhaust is actually Akro, and I love it. Slightly quieter than the Wings, but develops a great bite when it comes on the powerband. Good call on the BD skid plate and relocator.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #5462
Flyred
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 581
Wicked Just passin through

Wells Nevada. Just a photo and go. I rode 1250 miles in 2 days. I had no time to "visit"

Flyred screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 02:51 PM
Flyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #5463
PilotBoy99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Farkle City!

Added a crapload of farkles today:
  • FZ1 Fuzeblock mounted to cockpit support
  • Warn XT17 winch and handlebar-mouinted controller
  • Denal1 D1 lights on a BDCW mount 'slightly' modified to suit high fender
  • Warm and Safe power lead and dual remote heat-troller
  • hardwired Zumo 660.
And the funny thing is it all works!
PilotBoy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #5464
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,103
Well my suspension is off at Super Plush - on its way home tomorrow so I got to some of the other items that I have neglected.

finally second fan deflector- notice the sweet smily face spacer- stole it from a kids bracelet- little bastard should wearing a ktm watch not some girly bracelet anyhow- some parents just know how to raise a kid.

The double nut will go after I score a shorter bolt tomorrow- just didnt want to loctite it and have to take it off- at the same time I didnt want to forget and have it fall off- just covering my ass here.
Installed a couple relays for heated grips and what ever else I need to power- used the taillight wire for the control voltage.

Now for question - ktmkevin you may have an answer here ? Tell me how these relays get wired. I have done these in the past but had to dink around figuring it out. Here is a close up.

Next question for the fiberglass expert. Need to mount a ram mount on my Rally Raid shield. my original mount is fatiguing the fiberglass so I want to build it up and mount a larger mount. Can I just lay up over the existing faberglass or do I need to put some holes in it so it can bond into , the original is not smooth but does not seem to be rough enough for the epoxy to bond to decently ? Could use some advice on this. No I dont want to mount it to my dash - I have it there for a reason, I really like the way it works for 2 different GPS's I run.
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #5465
DLFLHT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Pulled the rear wheel, broke the bead, pulled the tube and put it all back together just to see if I could do it with the tool kit I put together. I have to say, it didn't live up to the hype - and I'm glad.

I bought the bike last fall and have been setting it up for the riding we want to do. My biggest concern was dealing with flat repairs out in the pucker-brush. I read all the bead breaking threads, looked at all the tools and looked forward to it like a root canal. I finally realized that I needed to get my ass out in the garage and do a trial run. It's been years since I've dealt with tube tires and never something with the KTM beadlock.

I had no problem at all. Never even bothered with the sidestand bead breaking method. I just worked the one side away from the rim and over to the beadlock, then popped it over the beadlock like someone on here suggested. Did the same on the other side and I was home free. I'm glad I didn't spring for some fancy bead breaker that I'd have to drag around. Putting the tube back in, I was glad I bought the little wire dealy that lets you hook onto the valve stem and pull it through - that was well worth the ten bucks I paid for it. Hooked my pump up and it seated by 40 pounds. Still holding air, so I think I'm golden.
DLFLHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #5466
EZ300
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
Made a Super Ricardo...

Hopefully this will help on my 2500 mile street ride through Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah in 3 weeks.

Looks like I'll need to remove the light guard as it's blocking the wind from entering between the two screens.
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com

EZ300 screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 12:19 AM
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #5467
BroodRooster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn;18545173
[IMG
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/xcflyn/DSC00509.jpg[/IMG]
Now for question - ktmkevin you may have an answer here ? Tell me how these relays get wired. I have done these in the past but had to dink around figuring it out. Here is a close up.

Those are SPST relays, and they're the most basic relays actually. Between pin 85 and 86 is the relay coil. If you connect 12V to these pins, the relay will switch and pin 87 and 30 are connected. Remove the 12V, and pin 87 and 30 will be disconnected.
BroodRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #5468
biggus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn View Post
Well my suspension is off at Super Plush - on its way home tomorrow so I got to some of the other items that I have neglected.

finally second fan deflector- notice the sweet smily face spacer- stole it from a kids bracelet- little bastard should wearing a ktm watch not some girly bracelet anyhow- some parents just know how to raise a kid.
Just a question on your fan deflector install.

Once you reinstall the tanks with there be adequate room for the air to escape or will it be forced in towards the motor? Should it be rotated more?

I am planning on doing the same at some point as well but have not gotten around to it yet. Maybe at the next oil change.
biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #5469
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,431
This is what showed up on my doorstep yesterday:

I won't be able to mount them on the bike until next week as I am about to leave on a trip, but I am excited to try them!

Edit: Damn, my wife would be upset if she knew I took a picture of those dirty windows.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #5470
biggus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
This is what showed up on my doorstep yesterday:

I won't be able to mount them on the bike until next week as I am about to leave on a trip, but I am excited to try them!

Edit: Damn, my wife would be upset if she knew I took a picture of those dirty windows.
Windows? I don't see any windows just some slick looking rubber!
biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #5471
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus View Post
Windows? I don't see any windows just some slick looking rubber!
Lol! Yes, it will be like having a whole new bike I hope!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #5472
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,115
First major mod ... Vrooooom Vrooooom.

Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #5473
duroturk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
First major mod ... Vrooooom Vrooooom.

Fellas I have one similar Akra can produced for F800 GS.

Do you think it will be allright if I use it to make 2in1 on my 990?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #5474
ktmkevinm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodRooster View Post
Those are SPST relays, and they're the most basic relays actually. Between pin 85 and 86 is the relay coil. If you connect 12V to these pins, the relay will switch and pin 87 and 30 are connected. Remove the 12V, and pin 87 and 30 will be disconnected.

+1 for the Rooster! 87 and 30 are N/O contacts which will control your heated grips when 12v is connected to 85 and 86. A DC coil should be polarity sensitive and I don't see the + and - sign so if it's not marked then it shouldn't matter but make sure it isn't marked.
ktmkevinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #5475
BRUNO BOTELHO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Just arrived for my 950 ADV

www.motoazores.com
BRUNO BOTELHO is offline   Reply With Quote