ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #8446
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,775
I did a little work to the 990 today. Installed a sidestand switch disable thingy; no pic.

Installed a new front sprocket:



And a new rear sprocket:



Even though the rear doesn't look too worn, I like the cool orange sprocket:



My old sidestand foot widener thingy fell off, so I put on a new one:



The front and rear sprockets only had 20,000 miles on them and I've seen some of y'all wear them down way more, but I feel better with the new ones on!
Supahflid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #8447
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer
 
Katoom72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I did a little work to the 990 today.

My old sidestand foot widener thingy fell off, so I put on a new one:

http://supahflid.smugmug.com/2011-KT...idestand-L.jpg

The front and rear sprockets only had 20,000 miles on them and I've seen some of y'all wear them down way more, but I feel better with the new ones on!
What a coinsidence! I have the same one.
__________________
Now:
'03 KTM 250sx -- '05 KTM Adventure 950
Before:
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #8448
mjskier
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mjskier's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 498
Air flow

More air in...



... requires more air out

mjskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #8449
EZ300
Beastly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 1,130
Rode it from Lake Pleasant up the back way to Crown King...


Then from Crown King towards Palace Station on the Senator Highway



Met some friends out on the trail.


Into Prescott for lunch and then down the 17 to Bloody Basin...



Bloody Basin trail towards Seven Springs...



Rode part of the Great Western Trail...


Found some cool rock formations...

__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #8450
rossguzzi
990 Adv.
 
rossguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Bottom left hand side of OZ
Oddometer: 1,058
EZ, great pics !

I have a grey 990 just like yours. Same tank bag even !

Just curious as you seem to have a mate with same bike, how do the rear tyres you both were using compare. I dont want to derail this thread. You can pm me if you want. Oh, Im interested in how he likes the 2 into1/storage tank too.

Cheers.
__________________
990 Adv 06, Aprilia Tuono 03 Racing gen 1
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #8451
KOLAV
Adventurer
 
KOLAV's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Oddometer: 11
Manufactured and replaced chain tensioner blocks

Mine cracked after the tire company installed a new tire. Bathed my baby last Saturday and noticed the crack. Went to local KTM dealer and nearly got a heart attack after the chap told me that it will take approx a month to deliver. Went to workshop and start manufacturing my new left block. Upon assembly I noticed the right one also cracked and manufactured that one also.
KOLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #8452
KOLAV
Adventurer
 
KOLAV's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLAV View Post
Mine cracked after the tire company installed a new tire. Bathed my baby last Saturday and noticed the crack. Went to local KTM dealer and nearly got a heart attack after the chap told me that it will take approx a month to deliver. Went to workshop and start manufacturing my new left block. Upon assembly I noticed the right one also cracked and manufactured that one also.
How do I upload photos? Help!!!!!!
KOLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #8453
EZ300
Beastly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
EZ, great pics !

I have a grey 990 just like yours. Same tank bag even !

Just curious as you seem to have a mate with same bike, how do the rear tyres you both were using compare. I dont want to derail this thread. You can pm me if you want. Oh, Im interested in how he likes the 2 into1/storage tank too.

Cheers.
I have the Heidenau rear tire and he had the Mefo rear tire.
The Heidenau has about 9000 miles on it and should have been replaced already. It's crap in the dirt now but for the first 5000 miles I really liked it. Scott seems to like his Mefo rear.

The two into one with the tool box is nice but $$$
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #8454
gozirra
Spam?
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: the Kalifornia
Oddometer: 160
Rode it.

!!!!!!!!!

52 miles in city traffic so I could adjust to my clutch and brakes and feel of the big bike.
In 92 weather. Fully geared.

I just had to leave the house, had a potato bike gathering across the street from 9am-dont know when. Is a stable idle really that hard? (No hate to the big H riders but it is really annoying)


Also installed a new non-Pyndon airfilter airbox. my phone and garage remote have a home. I almost cried.


I also loaded my toolkit on the bike, and mini pump, and tube and still had room for a gatorade and a small bag of chips. (battery under seat, tools in small tailbag and under bash guard for pump, tube in fairing) Things will be moved as my rear tanks and bags make an appearance. Also, no pictures, because I forgot my camera, and my phone is a mr. Blurtastic.
gozirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #8455
agent86pc
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Gippsland.
Oddometer: 36
Holding your weight!

Finally found a spare hour or so & installed some .60 weight fork springs in my 2011 990 adventure & after a short test ride on some very pot holed gravel roads it's a huge improvement as expected.
agent86pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #8456
Skyclad
Original Bastard
 
Skyclad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Moran Nation, SE PA Chapter
Oddometer: 5,802
No pictures yet, but I put on a Renazco seat for me arse, and Leo Vinci pipes for my right wrist.
__________________
Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.
cancer
For some, a glue stick would be a better option than Chapstick
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #8457
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud
 
jdub's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: S. Central PA
Oddometer: 1,870
Successfully (and easily) changed a badly leaking fork seal after viewing the HOW videos. The other up-side is that the toe of my right boot will never rust after all of the fork oil that was previously deposited on it.
__________________
Current: 2014 R1200GSW
jdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #8458
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,507
Finished prepping for the Colorado Rally...

The Good News...

Just finished a long list of prep to ride to the Colorado Rally and COBDR.



Highlights include the SuperPlush full front and rear revalve. New front DID SE Wheel. New Pirelli Rally shoes... 16T frt. 44T rear sprockets... New frt. brakes, flushed and replaced brake fluid, New updated front brakeline ( no more crossover line), new high fender kit, lowered aux. lights to work with high fender, New EarthX ultra light battery, Dash mount for Garmin Zumo 660, Saeco wind deflector, Engine oil and filter change.

The Bad News...

87 Year old father in law went into ER due to a fall and has been in and out of hosptal with numbness in left leg and dizziness.

Bottom line is I can't skip town now. My wife's pretty broken up and we need to get her father in a better place.

So my bike's all dressed up with no party to go to...
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #8459
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
The Good News...

Just finished a long list of prep to ride to the Colorado Rally and COBDR.



Highlights include the SuperPlush full front and rear revalve. New front DID SE Wheel. New Pirelli Rally shoes... 16T frt. 44T rear sprockets... New frt. brakes, flushed and replaced brake fluid, New updated front brakeline ( no more crossover line), new high fender kit, lowered aux. lights to work with high fender, New EarthX ultra light battery, Dash mount for Garmin Zumo 660, Saeco wind deflector, Engine oil and filter change.

The Bad News...

87 Year old father in law went into ER due to a fall and has been in and out of hosptal with numbness in left leg and dizziness.

Bottom line is I can't skip town now. My wife's pretty broken up and we need to get her father in a better place.

So my bike's all dressed up with no party to go to...
Sorry about your father-in-law. Beautiful looking bike though! Well done.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #8460
henryroten
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Back in sunny So. Cal!
Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycleman4 View Post
Sorry about your father-in-law. Beautiful looking bike though! Well done.
How do you like the 16/44 gearing? I have been thinking about doing that to my 990 for some time now. Good luck with the situation.
henryroten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015