EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #9722
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
The KTM Rally Pegs

What is the length of the KTM rally footpegs? (Im wondering if my homemade pegs are longer or shorter)
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #9723
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
Installed some new pegs. The KTM Rally Pegs. I like them so far.[/URL]
Nice increase over stock without being ridiculous.
my friend, you just cost me $150... thanks.

NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #9724
Dan950ser
NW Shredder

Oddometer: 410
Ez300 good looking stablemate brother. I had a beautiful 07 540 and miss it dearly. I've wanted to ride a 530 or 500 bad but haven't got the chance yet. Enjoy man.

2014 KTM 250 XC-W
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:53 AM   #9725
Jean-Ma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rade View Post
Mounted RR screen with bi-xenons and agel eyes - I love the rally look! :-) Moreover, the wind protection is a bit better and there is more space behind the screen for navigation stuff...

Simple plug&play solution - you remove the original headlight and to the same four wholes you mount my alu holder with bi-xenons. The bi-xenons are chinese, but looks and works good. The bi-xenons are simple to connect to the original socket.
Hey Rade !

This headlight looks fantastic ! I simply love it. BTW, I sent you an e-mail this morning via your Web Site.

Cheers.

Jean-Ma
Old 04-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #9726
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo View Post
What is the length of the KTM rally footpegs? (Im wondering if my homemade pegs are longer or shorter)
I'll have to throw a measuring tape on them, but I'll let you know. They are about an inch and a half longer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodknee View Post
my friend, you just cost me $150... thanks.

They were easy to fit, as long as you tied the springs up, and cheap compared to some of the alternatives. I have seen a few broken pegs where the screws for the extensions went through, so I did not want to go that route.

It's only money.....
Old 04-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #9727
LTKernel
jack of all trades

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I'm still working out how to mount the case/phone to the bar. But, I've got some ideas.
I'm eager too see those ideas. I mounted the 990 version of that Touratech base to my R already, but I'm at a loss trying to mount an older Garmin Nuvi. I got a RAM ball mount, cradle, arm, and U bolt but I'm not married to using them. I just don't want to throw money at the problem by buying a new GPS and cradle. That bar/rail has a small diameter that the U bolt can't grasp without a shim of some kind. Trying to keep the setup as low profile as possible too. Maybe I spin that top piece around and/or upside down to reduce height?

Post up some photos of your solution or any others you find please.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #9728
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,727
The mounting from the GoPro that first the little widget that mounts the Wahoo case,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTKernel View Post
I'm eager too see those ideas. I mounted the 990 version of that Touratech base to my R already, but I'm at a loss trying to mount an older Garmin Nuvi. I got a RAM ball mount, cradle, arm, and U bolt but I'm not married to using them. I just don't want to throw money at the problem by buying a new GPS and cradle. That bar/rail has a small diameter that the U bolt can't grasp without a shim of some kind. Trying to keep the setup as low profile as possible too. Maybe I spin that top piece around and/or upside down to reduce height?

Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #9729
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Was repacking my Right side exhaust, as it was empty. after running 2-1....most probably due to high gas velocity and maybe being lean at the top for toooo looong with 220+km/h on the highway
used a kit from my aprilias akropovic exhaust, which happened to be just the right length and fit...maybe a bit too much of the material, since Remus has a perfect wire wound around the pipe, which makes it last forewer, but much thicker than usual ones.

just a bit of remaining old packing at the inlet thick end of the pipe, the rest burned out((((

all parts for the right side, and working left can

decided to take out the flow distributor, as to my thinking it creates unnecessary resistance in the pipe.....same done for the other can

the sound is more or less the same, but no rattle from the right can.....I also wirebrushed all exhaust headers, just to make sure i don't have corrosion eating all the way through at the front bend, also changed all the exhaust gaskets on the cylinders, exhaust couplings and at the mufflers)))))
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #9730
LTKernel
jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
The mounting from the GoPro that first the little widget that mounts the Wahoo case,
Okay, so that looks like the $20 Handlebar/Seatpost/Pole Mount. Logical interface with the rail, but how does it connect to the Wahoo case? The case obscures the connection in the photo. Is the Wahoo case GoPro compatible or did you modify it?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #9731
RBrow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:

I couldn't see paying for the TT mount and didn't like how far out it extended. I went to HD and picked up a 24" piece of Aluminum for $12 cut it to a 5" section and drilled out the holes needed. I did 5" so that I have the space on either side for GoPro Sticky mounts for future expansion. Did it two days ago and will now probably have a friend powder coat for appearance. The two section are standard RAM sections, secured with three bolts, the whole thing sets back nicely into behind the screen.
RBrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #9732
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,727
Yeah. My bad.
Here:

Quote:
Okay, so that looks like the $20 Handlebar/Seatpost/Pole Mount. Logical interface with the rail, but how does it connect to the Wahoo case? The case obscures the connection in the photo. Is the Wahoo case GoPro compatible or did you modify it?

Thanks.
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #9733
JK1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Cleaned the pre filter checked things before a small trip to the Peak District tomorrow

Old Suzuki TS50, Aprilia Chesterfield RS125 , Honda NC30, Cagiva Elefant 750
JK1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #9734
Tripndrag
Tripndrag

Oddometer: 76
Flex Levers

Installed some flex levers. Really neat product!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014.30.28.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014.30.34.jpg
Tripndrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #9735
LTKernel
jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrow View Post
I couldn't see paying for the TT mount and didn't like how far out it extended. I went to HD and picked up a 24" piece of Aluminum for $12 cut it to a 5" section and drilled out the holes needed. I did 5" so that I have the space on either side for GoPro Sticky mounts for future expansion. Did it two days ago and will now probably have a friend powder coat for appearance. The two section are standard RAM sections, secured with three bolts, the whole thing sets back nicely into behind the screen.
Not paying for that mount was probably smart. I thought it would make a clean foundation to start from. I'd just seen other DIY mounts that looked solid, but too large and obvious. I agree that the rail extends out pretty far too. Your setup puts the screen right where I want it. Once you powder coat, it will blend nicely. Maybe I can use the bottom of the TT bracket and fashion a mounting plate to it for the ball. I've already got the other necessary RAM parts.

Thanks.