User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #1141
shakin_jake
F-u-h-r-i-ggg!

Oddometer: 195
Thumb Cleaned/Re-lubed Swingarm bearings/bushings 950A

The seals eventually came out before calling it done. Used my favorite workbench-F150 tailgate

Bought this bike this past July...little by little, I'm taking care of the maint. that needs to be done. 14.5 K miles, I'm the third owner

Also cleaned the clutch oil jet

Bugger to get outta there. I ended up using compressed air...blew the jet clean outta the hole

Jake
Reddick Fla.
shakin_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #1142
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakin_jake
, I'm taking care of the maint. that needs to be done. 14.5 K miles, I'm the third owner

Also cleaned the clutch oil jet.
Cripes... I've put more miles on mine that that this summer (the majority of it on dirt).. I guess I better take a look at the oil jet

Was yours clean?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #1143
shakin_jake
F-u-h-r-i-ggg!

Jake's clutch oil jet's cleanliness=:-)

Hi Geek, I gotta say, it was absolutley pristine in there. Made me wonder why I took it apart. It was not easy removing the jet. Getting the tension to break with availible screwdrivers on hand was not the problem, rather trying to lift it out of the hole. What worked in the end was using compressed air which blew it outta there. Again, it was absolutely spotless

As anal as I can be, I annealed the copper sealing washer but that left it with flame residue flakes so I mixed up a tablespoon of powedered citric acid with maybe 5 ounces of hot water to thoroughly clean the copper gasket. My fear was if I didn't clean it, maybe a flake or piece of detritus from the annealing would make it's way into the clutch oil jet orifice. I'd suggest if you don't want to bother with this step (cleaning up the annealing), to buy a replacement gasket before going into this procedure

It wasn't a big deal for me using the citric acid...I've purchased several pounds of it in the past when I was restoring a commercial espresso machine with lots of copper bits (boiler, water lines) that had some slight scale issues. Calcium content in water if not filtered out properly will accumulate in the system, citric acid mixed with hot water will clean any copper making it look like a new shiny penny

That said, I've been told (by an 950A peep whose cleaned this jet many times) you can re-use this gasket w/o fear of oil getting past it, but I'd rather not take that chance

Jake
Reddick Fla.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #1144
teti
especie en extincion

Oddometer: 143
[quote=shakin_jake]Hi Geek, I gotta say, it was absolutley pristine in there. Made me wonder why I took it apart. It was not easy removing the jet.

solucion practica , manguera blanda y succionar con fuerza se extrae en la primera no renegas tanto como con mini pinzas

solution practice, soft hose and suction force pulls the first not reniegas both with mini pliers

saludos y espero les sirva

atte teti
teti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #1145
Cie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Gauchos

With winter on the way I bought some Gauchos...

Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #1146
teti
especie en extincion

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #1147
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
FYI on Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft
After the discount it was $333 AND they shipped it back for free within three days!!
Sargent also has a discount going now. I just got mine back and love it. It still retains the narrow design, but the arse area is lower to the ground and actually more comfy than stock.

Right at $300 bucks with shipping.

2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #1148
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassAss
How much did it set you back.. I've been wanting to change my seat. I need to cut it down about 1/2"

Hi BA - did you remap when you put the FMFs on?
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #1149
kymbo
kymbo

Oddometer: 351
Wicked exhaust

removed standed system, and going to build a equall lenght single,right hand side exhaust 4 my 950super enduro.
kymbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #1150
teti
especie en extincion

Quote:
Originally Posted by teti

Dear these auxiliary headlights are connected to ACC2, are two headlights 55w (110W) it is necessary to install a direct cable drums or AAC2 tolerate them without any problem?

Thank you

estimados estos faros auxiliares estan conectados a ACC2 , son dos faros de 55w (110W) es necesario instalar un cable directo de la bateria o AAC2 tolerarlos sin ningun problema ?

gracias
Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #1151
BrassAss
Lost, but not forgotten

Oddometer: 183
Remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku
Hi BA - did you remap when you put the FMFs on?
I think you were looking at TeamBFT's bike... he has the FMF's. I still have stock pipes, but have a new set of Leo Vince sitting in the box waiting for a new header pipe, then the little suckers are going on.
www.backcoutrydiscoveryroutes.com
www.butlermotorcyclemaps.com
BrassAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #1152
mickd
crash test dummie

Oddometer: 1,842
hi all
i fitted the new MSC steering damper,(new one does not come with the top t/clamp)only took about 30mins all in,looks very nice

iam not the best with the tools so if i can fit one you can

I've just been to my first muslim birthday party. Musical chairs was a bit slow but F**k me, pass the parcel was bloody quick.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #1153
shakin_jake
F-u-h-r-i-ggg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft
Popped a Bill Mayer Saddle on her. They're giving 25% discounts in the month October. They had it back to me in less than a week - very nice quality.

Nice saddle, especially for the money. I've had 3 diffeent Ru$$ell saddles through the years and know how supportive the tractor style reinforced seat can be...and I like the fact (Rocky/Bill) is using foam instead of a leaf spring

What I wanted to ask you is if you were consulted about the seat location (tractor dish)? I ask as it seems further back vs. where I think I place my can on my stock 950A seat. Although you probably don't have much time on this seat yet, what is your overall opinion on riding comfort? Any drawbacks?

FWIW, I'd love to send my 950A seat to Mayer before the end of the month (to take advantage of the 25% off), but I'm going to have to get very lucky financially=:-)

I've ridden my new to me 950A (bought 3rd hand last July) 1000 miles. The oem seat is not comfortable for me, even on short runs. My only complaint as far as ergonomics go with this bike is the seat. It neeeds to be higher and more supportive...but I can say that about any bike that comes my way stock (most of them). FWIW, my pant inseam is 32"

Jake
Reddick Fla.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #1154
African Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Talking

I fitted a new chain and sprocket set - 17t front and 45t rear,
new Pirelli Scorp rubber on the rear wheel, a new BMC air filter and Uni-filter to the airbox and finally relocated the side stand!!
African Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #1155
ruta40ar
ready to raid

Oddometer: 38
light

Teti:
una alternativa es alimentar desde ACC2 el circuito de comando de un relay (RALUX) y conectar desde la bateria con un cable (4mm.) la potencia que pasa por el relay y va a los faros.
A su vez el circuito de comando del relay con un interruptor de tres posiciones asi lo pones opcional 1) con la luz larga, 0)apagado o 2)encendido directo desde ACC2 por si fallan las altas..

Si interesa paso el esquema por mail.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by teti
Dear these auxiliary headlights ae connected to ACC2, are two headlights 55w (110W) it is necessary to install a direct cable drums or AAC2 tolerate them without any problem?

Thank you

estimados estos faros auxiliares estan conectados a ACC2 , son dos faros de 55w (110W) es necesario instalar un cable directo de la bateria o AAC2 tolerarlos sin ningun problema ?

gracias
Ducati 175 '58
---------------
ADV 990 S '07
XTZ 750 '94
XTZ 750 '92
ruta40ar is offline   Reply With Quote