Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #76
Solarmoose
electric

Oddometer: 664
Pic taken the day after this K GT was new in July '07 on the break-in ride to Valdez. During this trip I had nice chat with another rider, local guy, at the chevron in Glennallen on the way down. Could that have been Alcan Rider? He was telling some incredible tales...
Solarmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #77
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarmoose
Pic taken the day after this K GT was new in July '07 on the break-in ride to Valdez. During this trip I had nice chat with another rider, local guy, at the chevron in Glennallen on the way down. Could that have been Alcan Rider? He was telling some incredible tales...
Hmmm You at UAF? If so, then I'm probably the guilty party.
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #78
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,510
Beautiful bike. BM definitely nailed the look on the GT.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #79
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Pic taken the day after this K GT was new in July '07 on the break-in ride to Valdez. During this trip I had nice chat with another rider, local guy, at the chevron in Glennallen on the way down. Could that have been Alcan Rider? He was telling some incredible LIES...
There, edited for accuracy.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #80
Solarmoose
electric

Alcan Rider, yep used to work at UAF but left after 33 years to fulltime work/play with the bikes. Finishing up a Norton, next up is a 68 Guzzi
and then a CBX after that. But reading all the tales herein (but AKBeemer, I thought it was all true!) I see the need to have a dirt bike again. Now which one would the inmates herein recommend?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #81
MMNORTH
Got GUZZI

Oddometer: 59
Name:  Hyder_Anc.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  139.3 KBComing back from Hyder with WM Lewis and R Wood
MMNORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #82
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Quote:
Alcan Rider, yep used to work at UAF but left after 33 years to fulltime work/play with the bikes. Finishing up a Norton, next up is a 68 Guzzi
and then a CBX after that. But reading all the tales herein (but AKBeemer, I thought it was all true!) I see the need to have a dirt bike again. Now which one would the inmates herein recommend?
Certainly not a KLR or DR. You are far too intelligent to do something as foolish as that. Aren't you?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #83
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,124
Recommendation

Quote:
I see the need to have a dirt bike again. Now which one would the inmates herein recommend?
Well of course I highly recommend a DR! I have been very happy with mine. We're going to hit 11,000 miles this evening when I ride to Wasilla and this is only the beginning of my third summer riding. Whoohoo!!!
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #84
RDJEff
Lost in Alaska

Oddometer: 995
Was that your Norton I saw last fall at Barnes & Noble?

Quote:
RDJEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #85
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,509
Quote:
Alcan Rider, yep used to work at UAF but left after 33 years to fulltime work/play with the bikes.
Hey, what was your job up there?

I lived in Nerland Hall around '83-'84 and helped take a few Intramural Championships. FUN!

Mark H.

AKDuc screwed with this post 05-04-2010 at 11:07 PM
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #86
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc
Hey, what was your job up there?

I lived in Nerland Hall around '83-'84 and helped take a few Intramural Chamionships. FUN!

Mark H.
Dear Mr. Duc,

Since one of the areas I oversee at UAF is campus housing, I did a little digging in our records. Looks like you may owe us a considerable little sum for an incident you were involved in. I don't want to embarrass you and violate your confidentiality, but you know the incident I'm talking about... the one involving the freshman girl, vomit and the goat.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #87
Solarmoose
electric

DUC, I wondered if admitting you were here was a mistake KNOWING AKBeemer's present occupation. I of course am willing to let bygones be bygones, and as I worked in the computer center, (in Bunnell back then), I really can't know anything, at least not that I'll admit to. And furthermore, since I know your father, its just as well I don't know anything more...

RD - nope, Norton wasn't out of the barn last fall, although it had been out and about last June. Should be running again soon. Its got a red tank at the moment.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #88
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBeemer
Dear Mr. Duc,

Since one of the areas I oversee at UAF is campus housing, I did a little digging in our records. Looks like you may owe us a considerable little sum for an incident you were involved in. I don't want to embarrass you and violate your confidentiality, but you know the incident I'm talking about... the one involving the freshman girl, vomit and the goat.
You'll probably need to narrow it down a little more, like - was the freshman girl blond, brunette, or red head; was the goat a billy or nanny; did this take place on the roof of the dorms or in the parking lot at midnight? From the stories AKDuc has told, it could have been any of quite a few incidents in his otherwise wasted youth.

Haul Road Primer
Old 05-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #89
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBeemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarmoose
Pic taken the day after this K GT was new in July '07 on the break-in ride to Valdez. During this trip I had nice chat with another rider, local guy, at the chevron in Glennallen on the way down. Could that have been Alcan Rider? He was telling some incredible LIES...
There, edited for accuracy.
Hey - you gotta admit they're pretty good lies. I've even started to believe some of them myself.
Haul Road Primer
Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #90
AKtracks
Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer: 1,260
Here a snapshot from tonight

AKtracks and akwerf (aka Shawn & Jess) with my R12GS and her new Spyder

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
AKtracks is offline   Reply With Quote