ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #1396
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,654
Now that you are thoroughly bored...

New Tag!
Heeerrrrrreeeee'''''sssss RUDY!


Further back...See him to the right of the post?


The money shot...The dog is cool.



My Mapsourse software for my Zumo shows this road as a through road which is what I was hoping for. In reality, at least Google maps reality, it is three different roads that DO NOT connect. This time Mapquest has the road going through too.
The name of the road is the same as a piece of land that is in a triangular shape. There is more than one possibility so I'll help you narrow it down.
The tag is in a county that is named after a geographic feature along one of it's boundary.
Easy Peasy!
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #1397
RebRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RebRider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: The illegal border...on the East Coast.
Oddometer: 476
geting close

Bwalsh looks like the NW-VA tag is getting close to your 200th tag... congrats..... wonder who will get it....??? maybe should throw a party...



P.S.... neat Van...looks like you had a lot of fun with it.
__________________
Eastern Panhandle WV TOR
EPWVTOR Tag Map
For those who are bored... EPWVTOR tag Stats
2001 Triumph Tiger

RebRider screwed with this post 12-20-2011 at 07:49 AM
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #1398
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebRider View Post
Bwalsh looks like the NW-VA tag is getting close to your 200th tag... congrats..... wonder who will get it....??? maybe should throw a party...

There will be a prize...the person who grabs the 200th tag gets to set a new tag!

We are on the 194th tag now.

More tagging trivia...
Inmate grab totals.

allonsye-----------1*
Aron.N------------2*
averagejoe-------5*
BeastRider------ 40*
Bloochdog--------1*
Bombazo-------- 5*
Boret-------------1*
Bwalsh----------44*
clutchcargo55----1*
cpayne5----------3*
Dentvet-----------2*
Doc smith---------1*
douglasgraham---2*
Fat&Bald----------2*
HBN---------------1*
LoCoMatt---------3*
Mark5pa----------1*
mriderleon--------4*
Mtnflow-----------1*
NZwannabe-------1*
Oldeli--------------7*
Old man river----38*
Ose----------------1*
RebRider-----------5*
Ruralgold----------6*
Twohawks-------13*
XCrider------------2*







up to and including tag #193
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST




bwalsh screwed with this post 12-25-2011 at 08:13 AM
bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #1399
Beast Rider
Beast Rider
 
Beast Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Orlean Virginia
Oddometer: 1,400
Great grab and tag Bwalsh..... By the look of the totals....I will have to step it up a notch....
__________________
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!
Beast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #1400
ClutchCargo55
650XChallenge
 
ClutchCargo55's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 75
I apologize for this off topic note, but I just returned from a fantastic 2 week ride and took Rudie's cousin along - the photo says it all. If anyone has ever thought about heading south and wants more info, just PM me and I'll be happy to share what I have learned.
ClutchCargo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #1401
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCargo55 View Post
I apologize for this off topic note, but I just returned from a fantastic 2 week ride and took Rudie's cousin along - the photo says it all. If anyone has ever thought about heading south and wants more info, just PM me and I'll be happy to share what I have learned.

As in Argentina South? Cool!
I was wondering what happened to you. I forgot you mentioned going on a trip and thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. Guess I wasn't too far off.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #1402
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,654
OK since no one that knows the whereabouts of Rudy has gone to grab him and another inmate came up with a logical answer that happens to be wrong I'll add another clue...

The name of the road is the same as one of the three things Arlo Guthrie told the psychiatrist in room 604 he wanted to see along with veins in his teeth at White Hall Street on his song "Alices Restaurant".



You can Google the lyrics(what fun is that) or listen here...

__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #1403
douglasgraham
This is my car
 
douglasgraham's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia's Valley
Oddometer: 298
Grab Gore Road

Sunrise grab this morning at Gore Road off of Route 729. Tag coming soon. Rudy is on the top case.

__________________
"They're not worried about 'What if', they're more like, 'Hey, watch this!'"

douglasgraham screwed with this post 12-24-2011 at 06:57 AM
douglasgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #1404
douglasgraham
This is my car
 
douglasgraham's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia's Valley
Oddometer: 298
New Tag

The name of the road starts with an "e" and is one word. It’s a suburb of the city of Auckland in New Zealand that is home to a famous horse race course and flower show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whMot...eature=related


Here is Rudy at the base of his tree.


Covered up.



A few steps back.



Money shot of road and the tree that Rudy is waiting at is just to the right of the bike. Careful I almost went for a swim, the bank is step and slick.

(TAG 194)
__________________
"They're not worried about 'What if', they're more like, 'Hey, watch this!'"

douglasgraham screwed with this post 12-26-2011 at 12:48 PM
douglasgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #1405
twohawks
Not Afraid
 
twohawks's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Shenandoah Valley Virginia
Oddometer: 2,639
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgraham View Post
The name of the road starts with an "e" and is one word. It’s a suburb of the city of Auckland in New Zealand that is home to a famous horse race course and flower show.

Good tag..worth making a run for if I can find time...
__________________
TWOHAWKS

Utah and Colorado 2010 Ride Report
CAT HERDER'S
BWDR
SMIBS

2008 KLR650
1984 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate
Human Power'd two wheel machine - 2001 StumpJumper Pro Hardtail
CMA ><>
GWRRA
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #1406
douglasgraham
This is my car
 
douglasgraham's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia's Valley
Oddometer: 298
Hope the creek dont rise!

Rudy is pretty close to the waterline hope the rain did not do a number on him! I thought of this when I was planting him but I also thought that he would move pretty fast with people having time off for the holidays! O well he is a duck and Im guessing this would not be the first time "mother nature" made a grab and a tag.
__________________
"They're not worried about 'What if', they're more like, 'Hey, watch this!'"

douglasgraham screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 01:06 PM
douglasgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #1407
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,654
It would have been grabbed yesterday but...

I get on the bike, fires right up, runs for twenty seconds then dies...WTF?

Cranked it over for a few minutes. Nothing. Drain the fuel bowl and try again. Nothing.
Pull the plug wire and don't see any spark. Not this again...Pull all the crap off to get to the CDI and swap out a new one I have. Still has a hard time starting but does fire up. I didn't check the spark but assumed I had flooded it. After starting it a few times with the good CDI I decide to put the old one in...and it starts right up and runs good. I'm really getting tired of this electrical problem. It's been giving me intermittent problems since last February.
It was a late start to begin with so after I got it running(it's still in pieces right now) I said to heck with it. Actually it was a little more harsh than that!

Then last night about 7:00 I go to turn on the water in the sink. No water, oh crap. Go down stairs to a partially flooded basement! Come to find out the 90° elbow on the bottom of the pressure tank had corroded and split and there was a 1" square hole in it the water was spewing out of!
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #1408
douglasgraham
This is my car
 
douglasgraham's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia's Valley
Oddometer: 298
Crap Bob.....when it rains it pours.
__________________
"They're not worried about 'What if', they're more like, 'Hey, watch this!'"
douglasgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #1409
bwalsh OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgraham View Post
Crap Bob.....when it rains it pours.
Yeah, and that was just yesterdays adventures...
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #1410
twohawks
Not Afraid
 
twohawks's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Shenandoah Valley Virginia
Oddometer: 2,639
Sorry for the crappy luck of late....

Lectrical gremlins are the worse....



Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
It would have been grabbed yesterday but...

I get on the bike, fires right up, runs for twenty seconds then dies...WTF?

Cranked it over for a few minutes. Nothing. Drain the fuel bowl and try again. Nothing.
Pull the plug wire and don't see any spark. Not this again...Pull all the crap off to get to the CDI and swap out a new one I have. Still has a hard time starting but does fire up. I didn't check the spark but assumed I had flooded it. After starting it a few times with the good CDI I decide to put the old one in...and it starts right up and runs good. I'm really getting tired of this electrical problem. It's been giving me intermittent problems since last February.
It was a late start to begin with so after I got it running(it's still in pieces right now) I said to heck with it. Actually it was a little more harsh than that!

Then last night about 7:00 I go to turn on the water in the sink. No water, oh crap. Go down stairs to a partially flooded basement! Come to find out the 90° elbow on the bottom of the pressure tank had corroded and split and there was a 1" square hole in it the water was spewing out of!
__________________
TWOHAWKS

Utah and Colorado 2010 Ride Report
CAT HERDER'S
BWDR
SMIBS

2008 KLR650
1984 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate
Human Power'd two wheel machine - 2001 StumpJumper Pro Hardtail
CMA ><>
GWRRA
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014