Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #166
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Nice RR. Thanks for posting all those Fantasy of Flight pics - some amazing machines in there! I need to get out there someday! Sad thing is - I lived in Tampa Bay for 6 years and never went! Go figure...
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #167
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,731
Thanks for taking us along Scott..
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #168
MZcountryboy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,449
Boy, I sure did like going south on holiday.

current conditions at my house are not that great for riding.

Well, at least I threaded the weather needle successfully.
MZcountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #169
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
Certainly Alonzo's at the end of Front Street is among the best for fish, I second that choice.The Key West restaurant that is as close to a Caribbean experience as you can get is Blue Heaven at Petronia and Thomas. Motorcycle parking is on the Thomas street side of the restaurant which is good to know as Petronia is narrow.
The most ethnic food in Key West is Cuban which is not at all spicey like Mexican food and is focussed on meat, rice and plantains. El Siboney on Catherine at Margaret is the best Cuban restaurant with huge portions and classic Cuban diner decor and service. It is considerably cheaper than Blue Heaven. For beachfront eating Blue Heaven's owner also owns Salute at Higgs Beach which is a nice Italian by the sea eatery. Just four choices among dozens.
Formal clothing is not required anywhere so go as you are.
Bar hopping is a time honored past time but if you need food eat first as most of the food you will see on Duval is second rate and/or expensive. There are exceptions but this isn't the time or place to go into details. A nice waterfront bar with classic Keys ambiance is Schooner Wharf at Key West Bight. The Green Parrot is also popular and would be good now as there is no a/c. Park your ride on the sidewalk on Whitehead Steet at Southard unless you were smart enough to take a cab. To sit and drink beer on the beach go to the southern end of Duval and stop by the new Beach Club. I've only been there late at night when rather impaired but it seemed okay under those conditions, feet in sand beer in hand and moon hanging over the water (it's a bit rainy at the moment for that). Rain comes and goes quickly around here and hypothermia is purely theoretical.
For a fish sandwich ask for Sandy's Cafe on white street at Virginia open 24 hours which is also a good place for a cafe con leche for a breakfast coffee and pretend you are Cuban by eating a cheese toast with it.

I will be using this info for my trip down in a week. It's been over 10 years since I was last in Key West and can't remember the names of anywhere I ate, much less what I had. It was fantasy fest blurr, I surely remember the Garden of Eden, Sloppy Joes and that's about it.

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote