ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #121
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,832
wohoooo..., i passed, i passed..........

thanks again jl, heather, charlie and nate...

good timing again eric, jimmy's not looking......

gimpy likes it......

what an AWESOME FEELING...

time to pack up

riders on their way too

cool ds riders in aerostitchs....

till next time.....we'll be back

the river from a distance

closest we could get

lots of snow last winter

soon will be home

i hope you all enjoy the ride report and pics. we took as much photos as we can (only when class was not in session). wish i can give more details on the drills and lectures but it's better if you take the class...

if i had this lesson a few years ago, i think i would have been a better rider by now. self teaching and grinding every ride works too but it's a long process and many times i got hurt. this has limited time to fart around....

have a safe ride folks......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #122
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
:ymca Joel, just what exactly is it that you are feeling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
what an AWESOME FEELING...
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #123
Psycle
Orange Obsession

Oddometer: 15
Hi Guys! I finally had time to look and find our thread. Great pics!!! Esp. the one where Jimmy takes me for a ride up the gnarly hill! That's when I learned to totally trust him and relax. Seems like Sun PM was fun too. Too bad I had to leave early.

Thanks, Jimmy, Heather, Nate and Charlie!

Carsten

Psycle screwed with this post 05-22-2010 at 01:52 PM
Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #124
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
:ymca Joel, just what exactly is it that you are feeling?

where's the beef?.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycle
Hi Guys! I finally had time to look and find our thread. Great pics!!! Esp. the one where Jimmy takes me for a ride up the gnarly hill! That's when I learned to totally trust him and relax. Seems like Sun PM was fun too. Too bad I had to leave early.

Thanks, Jimmy, Heather, Nate and Charlie!

Carsten

we can have a class reunion sometime in oct or nov...

ride the 690E.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #125
Psycle
Orange Obsession

Oddometer: 15
Yes, Joel, next time I'll bring a lighter bike. The 690E is like a bicycle compared to the 950. Spent 6 h this weekend in the Utah desert (5 Mile Pass by Fairfield) and in the Wasatch foothills (by Alpine) to try everything I learned but on the 690. Sand, wheelies, hills, emergency braking, balance exercises, plus huge mud puddles. Everything is so much more fun now that I'm sort of knowing what I'm doing.
The only thing I missed was the good company we had at Lake Isabella!!!

Carsten
Old 05-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #126
El Zorrillo
charity case

Oddometer: 743
jimmy was also talking about doing an advanced class.................

hmmmm..... i am intrigued by this one.....

i would like to think that i could polish up on existing skills, and learn a thing or two by racing with jimmy in the baja 1000 this year.

husaberg hasn't formed a team yet this year, right? some phone calls could be made, right?

no loop this year, it's a point to point race......
El Zorrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #127
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Yes, Joel, next time I'll bring a lighter bike. The 690E is like a bicycle compared to the 950. Spent 6 h this weekend in the Utah desert (5 Mile Pass by Fairfield) and in the Wasatch foothills (by Alpine) to try everything I learned but on the 690. Sand, wheelies, hills, emergency braking, balance exercises, plus huge mud puddles. Everything is so much more fun now that I'm sort of knowing what I'm doing.

Carsten

great to see you doing the drills; you have 2 of the best ds bikes around, we just need to work on our skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-D-Bowl
jimmy was also talking about doing an advanced class.................

hmmmm..... i am intrigued by this one.....

i would like to think that i could polish up on existing skills, and learn a thing or two by racing with jimmy in the baja 1000 this year.

husaberg hasn't formed a team yet this year, right? some phone calls could be made, right?

no loop this year, it's a point to point race......

tune in....the advanced class will be bitchin; sorry no details...

tom...you're the man that will put husaberg on the baja1k podium.....
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #128
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,680
Biggie, you look great w/ a girl by your side. You should get yourself one someday.
You're a keeper.

johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #129
motocrazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Nice pics!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

I'm envious that you were able to do some forest riding. When I took his course, it was all desert riding.

Hmm, will have to keep an eye out for the advanced class then....
Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #130
BiggieFalls
b00b

John, don't be jealous. I was so happy to be learning something that I needed to hug someone. You weren't around and Jimmy had already shut Joel down on his hug request so Heather was next in line. Plus she was really nice and helpful so I wanted to hug her anyway. But you're still first in my line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil
Biggie, you look great w/ a girl by your side. You should get yourself one someday.
You're a keeper.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #131
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrazy
Nice pics!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

I'm envious that you were able to do some forest riding. When I took his course, it was all desert riding.

Hmm, will have to keep an eye out for the advanced class then....

the forest riding over ruts and hill climbs were important to me, though the desert has the deep sand and rocks. next one, the desert.....
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #132
BiggieFalls
b00b

I'm sure that Joel was going to tell us about this, in fact he may already have, but I had my first Monster energy drink ever a while ago so I'm going to tell you. Jimmy said that if we could guarantee 9 or 10 plus people who were willing to pay for a one day class, he could put on a special class for us. I think, since so many of us have taken his class now, and would want to take another, and several have expressed interest in an advanced class, if we could get him to do this with an advanced class, we could probably get the people together. If you hadn't noticed, I just took his class and loved it, but in six months or so I will probably want another one. It's easy for us to say we would do it but we would have to actually guarantee payment for him to do it. With a one day class, it would would be twice as affordable as a two day class. I've seen other threads where groups trying to be cool like ours have said they would have no problem coming up with that many guys, but never did. So we would have to do something like a refundable PayPal thing or something to show that people are serious. Maybe the offer didn't apply to an advanced class, but even for his regular class, it would be great to get a bunch of us together and do it. Also, I think he said he could do it at Glen Helen, which we could turn into a LA Weekend ride for us locals. So start putting aside $12 a week and lets do this in 6 months or maybe $20 a week and we do it in 4 months. What do you guys think?

Jimmy, did I get any of that correct?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #133
DirtTrailER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:

Carsten
That actually may be a good way to improve your skills - by sweating your way out on a heavy bike first and then have fun on a light weight.
It's still amazing what could be done on that big 950.

BJ
Old 05-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #134
DirtTrailER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
where's the beef?.........

we can have a class reunion sometime in oct or nov...

ride the 690E.
Sounds very interesting, I just hope it'll be a little closer here than Keyesville
Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #135
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
I'm sure that Joel was going to tell us about this, in fact he may already have, but I had my first Monster energy drink ever a while ago so I'm going to tell you. Jimmy said that if we could guarantee 9 or 10 plus people who were willing to pay for a one day class, he could put on a special class for us. I think, since so many of us have taken his class now, and would want to take another, and several have expressed interest in an advanced class, if we could get him to do this with an advanced class, we could probably get the people together. If you hadn't noticed, I just took his class and loved it, but in six months or so I will probably want another one. It's easy for us to say we would do it but we would have to actually guarantee payment for him to do it. With a one day class, it would would be twice as affordable as a two day class. I've seen other threads where groups trying to be cool like ours have said they would have no problem coming up with that many guys, but never did. So we would have to do something like a refundable PayPal thing or something to show that people are serious. Maybe the offer didn't apply to an advanced class, but even for his regular class, it would be great to get a bunch of us together and do it. Also, I think he said he could do it at Glen Helen, which we could turn into a LA Weekend ride for us locals. So start putting aside $12 a week and lets do this in 6 months or maybe $20 a week and we do it in 4 months. What do you guys think?

Jimmy, did I get any of that correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrailER
Sounds very interesting, I just hope it'll be a little closer here than Keyesville
we'll figure something out. bj, are you in socal?....