Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Rapperdoug OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Banjercito online Mexico Vehicle Permit???

Hey, so I am attempting to get my vehicle import permit online before I head across the Mexico border at the end of the month, only to find that I couldn't confirm the purchase...??
ANyone have problems with their site??? I then tried to do the pre-register so I was all set and could get past the page on that either ... I had all my info entered correctly, etc., just the website wasn't working ... Anyone with experience so I don't have to wait at the border for this?
Rapperdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,604
Did you apply thru internet explorer browser and clear your cookies and delete files, etc like banjercito requests?

I applied for a permit yesterday and sent in all of my info. I got a confirmation in Spanish that they have received all of my info.

No response today. If I don't hear back by Friday or see the chg come thru on my credit card bill I'll probably give them a call to see whassup.
Kiko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
daveg
no longer homeless

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapperdoug
Hey, so I am attempting to get my vehicle import permit online before I head across the Mexico border at the end of the month, only to find that I couldn't confirm the purchase...??
ANyone have problems with their site??? I then tried to do the pre-register so I was all set and could get past the page on that either ... I had all my info entered correctly, etc., just the website wasn't working ... Anyone with experience so I don't have to wait at the border for this?
Try using Internet Explorer if you aren't already.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,866
does the TVIP still apply for folks not coming back in the near future?

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Rapperdoug OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Eek

Yeah, I was using firefox originally... So I tried with IE as you guys recommended and deleted the history, and it worked ... Thanks for the tip! Now I just hope it arrives before I leave my house a week from monday!!
Rapperdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery_Goat
does the TVIP still apply for folks not coming back in the near future?
The TVIP is good for six months. If you over stay in Mexico you may have to pay a fine, but as long as you are on the same bike you are OK and won't be banished.

If you leave the country without turning in your TVIP, then after the six month permit expires you go on their No Entrada list. This means you can't take any vehicle back into mainland Mexico. The computer will pick up your name and passport number. (Baja OK). So even if you exit into Guatemala, if you don't plan to be back to Mexico within the six months, then DO turn in your TVIP and Turista sticker. You get a nice form as your receipt that you have complied.

You can travel in Mexico without the TVIP if you are lucky enough that no one asks you for it. It is possible for them to confiscate your bike ... or send you back to the border to get the TVIP ... but I've never actually heard of a confiscation. But things are changing in Mexico (fast)

About a year ago I heard that a new TVIP system was going to be instituted. No idea on progress of this or if it's even true. The fact is, once into the interior of the country, very few officials even know about the import system nor care. (except Aduana who mostly only work near borders/ports)
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Hmmm, I plan to ride through Mexico on the way to SA and won't return for what I expect to be longer than 6 months.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,387
Quote:
Hmmm, I plan to ride through Mexico on the way to SA and won't return for what I expect to be longer than 6 months.
Mark, simply rid yourself of the TVIP when exiting southern Mexico at a border aduana....get the receipt.

As far as whether or not officials down range know about TVIP or not, who cares, it's not worth not having it and having to worry about it your entire trip. FTR, I've been asked to produce both this and the tourist visa at various spots all over the country.

As far as online application goes, you haven't gone anywhere with the application process unless and until you receive (1) confirmation that your application has been successful and your credit card worked, or (2) your application has been rejected due to ineligibility or a declined credit card. Tweak your browser as mentioned above or try another computer. The site does go down from time to time but they're pretty savvy and they get it back up quickly. It's never failed for me.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
Mark, simply rid yourself of the TVIP when exiting southern Mexico at a border aduana....get the receipt.

As far as whether or not officials down range know about TVIP or not, who cares, it's not worth not having it and having to worry about it your entire trip. FTR, I've been asked to produce both this and the tourist visa at various spots all over the country.

As far as online application goes, you haven't gone anywhere with the application process unless and until you receive (1) confirmation that your application has been successful and your credit card worked, or (2) your application has been rejected due to ineligibility or a declined credit card. Tweak your browser as mentioned above or try another computer. The site does go down from time to time but they're pretty savvy and they get it back up quickly. It's never failed for me.
Thanks Bob.

I'll get it, how accurate does the entry into MX date have to be? If I show up at the border early or late is it going to be a problem?

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 04-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Thanks Bob.

I'll get it, how accurate does the entry into MX date have to be? If I show up at the border early or late is it going to be a problem?
Technically you can enter after the effective date of the permit but not before its effective.

Remember, some officials live up to the molecular definition of the word. They are low paid, and can be meticulous and tedious. I wouldn't cross any earlier than the effective date on the permit.

There's always the topic of mordidas and greasing palms, neither of which I advocate.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #11
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
Technically you can enter after the effective date of the permit but not before its effective.

Remember, some officials live up to the molecular definition of the word. They are low paid, and can be meticulous and tedious. I wouldn't cross any earlier than the effective date on the permit.

There's always the topic of mordidas and greasing palms, neither of which I advocate.
Cool, I'll be conservative on my date of departure. Either way, it's early May.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 04-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Either way, it's early May.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

so does bajercito e-mail anything after the process is complete? i printed my confirmation after paying with my CC. i figured they were asking for my e-mail so they could send me another confirm or something.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
so does bajercito e-mail anything after the process is complete? i printed my confirmation after paying with my CC. i figured they were asking for my e-mail so they could send me another confirm or something.
Here's what you'll receive from itvnet@banjercito.com.mx:

Dear [Misery Goat] [Mark] [Grand Poohbah] [Your Royal Importance]:

Thanks for sending us so prompt the requested documentation. Everything is complete and we have integrated them into the respective file.

With best regards.

Of course, I really don't know what salutation they'll choose

If it takes more than 5 business days after you receive the actual TVIP, don't panic, but let me know about it.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,604
I applied for my tvip last Monday, 04/12,
Sent in the required title registration/passport copies on Tuesday,
Received reply from Banjercito on Tuesday that my file was complete,
CC payment was confirmed on-line Wednesday,
Went for a bike ride and missed DHL delivery Friday afternoon 04/16,
Called DHL with the tracking number on the slip I found this afternoon 04/19 and they delivered the visa in 20 minutes. Leaving tomorrow morning.
Hasta luego!
Kiko is online now   Reply With Quote