Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Mr. C OP
I need more bike time!!

Oddometer: 529
Best Rides in Kawartha Lakes

Hi all.

I have been living in Lindsay for about a year now, and still don't know the area all that well. I now have a DRZ400S, and am looking forward to doing some trail riding.

Anyone know of good trail systems in the area? I don't need it to all be single track, I just want to get off the slab. Dirt roads, rail lines, pole lines, etc. A set of GPS maps would be excellent to have if anyone out there would like to share!

I haven't been to the Ganaraska Forest before. Is that trail system worth the money?

Thanks for your ideas (and super secret routes )!!
2009 DRZ400S (sold)
2002 KLR650 (sold)
Mr. C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Anyone know of good trail systems in the area? I don't need it to all be single track, I just want to get off the slab. Dirt roads, rail lines, pole lines, etc. A set of GPS maps would be excellent to have if anyone out there would like to share!
I really don't know of anything myself, hopefully others will chime in. I do know that Lindsay is very anti-snowmobile so this might carry over to other powersports.

Quote:
I haven't been to the Ganaraska Forest before. Is that trail system worth the money?
I went once at the end of last season and loved it! I will definitely be back again this season. Whenever you want to go, just let me know! (I'm in Newmarket if you remember... we met on the training day a couple of weeks ago)
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
Drilldogger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I'm in Orillia. I use the backroads maps and look for dead ends. Quite often there are road allowances, sometimes long- sometimes short, but can be fun exploring. There are a few no maintenance roads around kirkfield which can be entertaining. If you don't mind riding to Orillia first, there are a lot of county forests open here, as long as you have the OFTR membership. There is supposed to be a 1200ha forest near hwy 169 and hwy12 only 40 mins for you.
If you ever want to make a day trip, head over to Orillia, there are some great crown areas around here I can show you around.
Drilldogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Mr. C OP
I need more bike time!!

Hi there. I do remember you, but I couldn't remember your forum name for the life of me! I wanted to ask you about that rear rack you picked up from the U.K.

Too bad I had to leave so early. If Kevin didn't arrive so late, I could have done more of the training. Way to go, Kevin!!! Teachers always let us down.

Anyway, it would be good to get together for a few rides. Maybe we can meet at the Ganaraska some weekend. I think I will look into the season's pass rather than doing the pay as you go. If I pay for the season, I will have more of a reason to find riding time!

Talk to you later, and it was nice meeting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff
I really don't know of anything myself, hopefully others will chime in. I do know that Lindsay is very anti-snowmobile so this might carry over to other powersports.

I went once at the end of last season and loved it! I will definitely be back again this season. Whenever you want to go, just let me know! (I'm in Newmarket if you remember... we met on the training day a couple of weeks ago)
2009 DRZ400S (sold)
2002 KLR650 (sold)
Old 04-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Mr. C OP
I need more bike time!!

Hey there. Yeah, I will certainly think about popping up to Orillia this summer. It certainly isn't that far. Thanks for the invitation!

I was thinking about the OFTR membership. It seems that there are quite a few areas around here where the membership is needed. I am used to living up north where you can run logging and fire roads everyday for a week and never hit the same trail twice. I guess I need to come to terms with the premium that is put on trail systems around here.

Thanks again for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drilldogger
I'm in Orillia. I use the backroads maps and look for dead ends. Quite often there are road allowances, sometimes long- sometimes short, but can be fun exploring. There are a few no maintenance roads around kirkfield which can be entertaining. If you don't mind riding to Orillia first, there are a lot of county forests open here, as long as you have the OFTR membership. There is supposed to be a 1200ha forest near hwy 169 and hwy12 only 40 mins for you.
If you ever want to make a day trip, head over to Orillia, there are some great crown areas around here I can show you around.
2009 DRZ400S (sold)
2002 KLR650 (sold)
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Hi there. I do remember you, but I couldn't remember your forum name for the life of me! I wanted to ask you about that rear rack you picked up from the U.K.
I'm not home right now, but if I forget, remind me next week and I'll lookup the name of the place I got it from.

Quote:
Anyway, it would be good to get together for a few rides. Maybe we can meet at the Ganaraska some weekend. I think I will look into the season's pass rather than doing the pay as you go. If I pay for the season, I will have more of a reason to find riding time!
I was thinking about getting a pass as well but it looks like much of my summer riding is already planned out

Quote:
Talk to you later, and it was nice meeting you.
Same here! We'll definitely get together for a ride.