Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
raindog OP
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,993
Thumb PNW Get Together (Raindog gets gang banged and Gravity Dog Shoots a clam gun

OK I'm back and want to send a big thanks to team Road rash for hosting us weather was better than expected and I had a great time hanging with you all and getting my dirt cherry popped
I'll throw up pics tonight and tommorrow....Knary,Deacon Rubber Cow and Patrick..y'all missed a fun day in the dirt! If ya stayed ya coulda helped me pick up my bike
Team Road Rash, Deacon, Rubber Cow, Curmudgeon, Knary, Gravity Dog, Mr. Cob, SPowers, PhotogBiker..Thanks for coming it was good to see everyone even for a short time..special thanks to Momma RoadRash!

Say Hi to Mr. Cob

It was slow going but beautiful on the way home today!

Road Rash ..ya better scan those pics asap..and get up here
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
raindog OP
dharma bum

The Coast was tasty today

Old 10-24-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
MikeO
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,756
That...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
...is a beautiful picture.

Mike
MikeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
raindog OP
dharma bum

Thanks Mike..we missed ya

You may remember these folks...I ate your portion of Salmon

Deacon,Rubber cow, and Curmudgeon
Old 10-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #5
(sp?)
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
It was a great weekend - finally able to put faces with names.

The ride home was beautiful and uneventful. I left Hammond at about 9:30 and backtracked my route coming down (except for the visit to the defunct nuclear facility).

Road conditions were pretty good - traffic was light. Actually caught and passed some road bikes with the loaded GS.

I made the ferry as it was loading and was directed towards the front of the line. Sometimes it's especially nice to ride a bike.

Got home about 4:30 to my wife and son.

I'll get my pictures loaded tomorrow!

Thanks again to Team RoadRash and RainDog!
'05 BMW R1200GS
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #6
Coonass
Banned By BMWRider

Oddometer: 3,020
a good reason for cloning...only way to hit two parties at once. we all thought about ya down south.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #7
raindog OP
dharma bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonass
a good reason for cloning...only way to hit two parties at once. we all thought about ya down south.

Thanx again for the beer Coonass as you can see they went to good use here's Spower,Knary and i throwing y'all down south a big turbodog shoutout
Old 10-24-2004, 08:08 PM   #8
Coonass
Banned By BMWRider

Oddometer: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
Thanx again for the beer Coonass as you can see they went to good use here's Spower,Knary and i throwing y'all down south a big turbodog shoutout
great. I'll get my pics loaded and do a report tomorrow. damn! you guys are in coats. it was so hot here we didn't light the bonfire. woulda had to watch from inside the house.

psssst, raindog, I was gready and kept the beer for myseld....don't tell anybody
Old 10-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
creeper
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Looks like you guys had a great time... wish I could have come.
Great photos.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:02 PM   #10
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,511
Thank you......Thank you very much

A big thanks to everybody who showed up, a good time was to be had by all Had a great time at the Bouy 9 (they had a good time w/ us too) I don't know how I got talked into going in Colmans Cove (suck) but a had a good time watching and listening to Raindog poke fun at the "scary-oky" singers I don't think they had a clue If they hadn't been so clueless I'm sure we would have been kicked out
Saturdays ride was Yes RD I'll have the pics soon (with my high-tech camera it'll take a couple day's) We started with a ride up around the back side of Astoria where we went around our first gate only to ride to a second gate that we couldn't get around so we turned around
cruised up to the Astor Column to take in the views Then down the hill to Hwy 30, out of town to a logging road with..................another GATE THIS is where I popped Raindogs cherry OK it wasn't just me, we all had him (kind of a gang bang ) you see Raindog has never been off road before so we get around the gate (he was, ah I mean it was tight ) and ride a couple of miles to a dead end , Mr Cob did find a nice single track but but it was to "tight" and "sloppy" for the big bikes.
So now we go back through Astoria and head east on 202 and find a OPEN???? gate????? I'll let Raindog talk about the "pucker" factor on the road in So now we find a nice Powerline road that Mr. Cob and myself head down (thinking SPowers and Raindog will wait at the top while we scope it out) so after Cob and I go down a knarly down hill w/ a couple of switch-backs we stop and look at each other shacking our heads NO, so we turn around, head back up the hill and who do we pass when we're going back up? SPowers and Raindog so after we get back up to the top, turn around, go back down to meet up with them, we told them to stay were there at so we can scout out the rest of the trail. Mr. Cob and I head out to look for a main road which we find after more hills (up and down) that were worst then the one that they had already come down We then go back and I tell Raindog the good news (we found a main road) and the bad news (you can't get there from here) Soooo.............. we all turned around to head back up I'll be back gotta take a break

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:10 PM   #11
Gravity's Dog
Amanda's brother

Oddometer: 29,138
A beautiful time indeed. Special thanks to Team Road Rash for fine hosting, especially Mama R.R.. Listening to Mr. Cob spin tales and laughing at raindog's wit. Good food, wonderful drink. I'm pissed at Knary for cutting out early 'cause I'm such a slacker and showed up late. Now I've gotta go work on some retro ride reports. An inspirational weekend.

Best birthday I have in a long long time.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:22 PM   #12
TongueLady
Shine A Light

Oddometer: 360
Glad the weather held out for you guys!

Momma RoadRash (she's known as "TongueMom" on the Stonesboards) says she thanx you all for coming, for bringing all the crab , and stocking her bar. She also said that next time she is going to sit right next to the cooler with a little glass in her hand so she can sample all the varieties of beers.
(I'm crushed that there's no butternut squash soup waiting for me!)
Old 10-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #13
(sp?)
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity's Dog
remember that it's all fun and games until someone loses a foot

[GDog almost took a direct hit last night when a clam gun got knocked over near the fire - fortunately only GDog was loaded]
'05 BMW R1200GS
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:44 PM   #14
Gravity's Dog
Amanda's brother

Oddometer: 29,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by spowers
remember that it's all fun and games until someone loses a foot

[GDog almost took a direct hit last night when a clam gun got knocked over near the fire - fortunately only GDog was loaded]
I didn't tell you guys, but the first thing I did when I woke up was count my toes.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:06 PM   #15
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity's Dog
A beautiful time indeed. Special thanks to Team Road Rash for fine hosting, especially Mama R.R.. Listening to Mr. Cob spin tales and laughing at raindog's wit. Good food, wonderful drink. I'm pissed at Knary for cutting out early 'cause I'm such a slacker and showed up late. Now I've gotta go work on some retro ride reports. An inspirational weekend.

Glad ya had a good B-Day "Gravity Dundee"

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote