Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #46
boardrider247
Weekend Anarchist

Oddometer: 483
What brand/model is your new toy? It looks like just the right size for the home builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxertwin
Hi Friends.

Ray, you are absolutely correct. One week after the hack was completed, Boxerwife announced that she was jealous and wanted to come with us. She enrolled in the motorcycle safety class, loved it, and I bought her a DR200 Suzuki for her birthday. She now rides with us. For the last 12 years she wouldn't ride and I never pressured her. This made her want to ride.

In the fall I will begin the next hack build. You are right again, sir!
I've not yet selected the tug but am considering either a Tiger or a KTM 950/990. I plan to again build a roll caged rig. This time the boys will sit side-by-side with room for camping gear, fuel, battery, in front and behind the seat.
Ray, I'm watching your build closely. Hurry the heck up, will ya!

The pics and videos in this thread were from when the hack was new and on the road. I've changed out all the suspension springs and it is much more worthy now. It still could use a sway bar and I am yet to build that. But the rig works really well as it is now.

I built the sliders because I couldn't make up my mind the exact wheel lead that was necessary. Claude offered up the suggestion and I thought it was a really good idea. I've not had to move the sliders as I think I hit the lead just right the first time at around 13". The sliders were just tacked in place with the intention of fully welding them once I determined the proper placement. In retrospect the sliders were extra work, slightly extra weight, unnecessary, but would have saved a ton of work if I had needed to change the wheel lead. And yes, you are correct that I do have perhaps an inch of wheel lead adjustment in the chain adjuster on the hack wheel/swingarm. But i feared that it might not be enough.

The rig is a total hit with the boys. We are in the mountains on holiday for the week and this evening the boys announced that we will be taking a long ride up to the fire lookout on the mountain across the lake from us. It's about a 2-3 hour round trip.

I will plan to get some fresh video for you once I complete the swaybar.

I've acquired a tubing bender and vertical mill to help with the next little project. I need to find a tug so I can sleep at night! Aw, sleep hell. I suppose I'll sleep when the next hack is complete.

Here's a pics of the new toy builder:

boardrider247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #47
boxertwin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
It's an Enco RF-30, built in the early 1980's. It weighs in around 700 lbs. I recommend an engine lift, a 12 pack of beer, and a couple of mates to help move it.

I've not played with it yet as I am awaiting the arrival of the tooling.

boxertwin screwed with this post 07-21-2010 at 09:24 PM
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote