Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #646
Freakhead
Burly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommer View Post
comeon! got friends that rent ktm's out here (just started up) would love to have some of my internet friends to ride with again!

thanks ned
We are looking at a brief escape from Canadian winter in either November or February to Maui. Let me know their company name! Not interested in the Harley rental.

Thanks.

( Sorry for thread-jacking )
Freakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #647
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakhead View Post
( Sorry for thread-jacking )
(Don't be, come February, everyone here will want to be in Maui)

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #648
Freakhead
Burly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
(Don't be, come February, everyone here will want to be in Maui)
AMEN!

BTW got my mirrors & love the ease of removal and durability!
Freakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #649
mjedude
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Does anyone know if the back half of the split clamp assy which you screw the stud ball base into will work as a perch mount on my crf250x?

I appreciate any replies!

Thank you
mjedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #650
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjedude View Post
Does anyone know if the back half of the split clamp assy which you screw the stud ball base into will work as a perch mount on my crf250x?

I don't know that it will, but it might. It does serve this function on 950/990 ADV front brake master cylinders.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #651
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,796
Quote:

Thank you
If you're talking about using the mirror mount side of this:

to replace your existing split clamp from your front master cylinder or lever perch? I've done it on both a Ducati Monster and a Suzuki DR350. I used the split clamp bolts with the Duc, but had to use the stock Suzuki bolts.

Measure center-center distance on your clamp - that's the key. I've got the SuzyQ here at work and can check it - or Ned can measure a new one? Otherwise, the clamp fits any non-cruiser (1") handlebar. Even fatbars are 7/8" at the control section.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #652
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post

to replace your existing split clamp from your front master cylinder or lever perch? I've done it on both a Ducati Monster and a Suzuki DR350. I used the split clamp bolts with the Duc, but had to use the stock Suzuki bolts.

Measure center-center distance on your clamp - that's the key. I've got the SuzyQ here at work and can check it - or Ned can measure a new one? Otherwise, the clamp fits any non-cruiser (1") handlebar. Even fatbars are 7/8" at the control section.
Yes, I have mounted mirrors on my 2004 Honda CRF250X using this method.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #653
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Yes, I have mounted mirrors on my 2004 Honda CRF250X using this method.

Spud
I note that this is also a possible alternative to a Yamaha left hand thread adapter. On my Duc, I had LH/RH threads. This gave me RH/RH.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #654
mjedude
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Perfect! Thanks!
mjedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #655
mommer
bring on the world!!!!

Oddometer: 1,957
ned, love the mirrors! went on no problem! already tested a couple of em.. seem stronger and more forgiving than the clutch/brake levers on the little dr200

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/g...UkefvUtpvQzqzl
mommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #656
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommer View Post
ned, love the mirrors! went on no problem! already tested a couple of em.. seem stronger and more forgiving than the clutch/brake levers on the little dr200

Old 09-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #657
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,144
I have posted about it several times, but it's official. These mirrors I have don't work.
They fold back at any speeds above 65, and for whatever reason, my DR650 vibrates enough that I can't see if there is a car behind me at night or an airplane.
I wanted to like them so much. Everyone seems to love them. I have sanded the ball, I have crushed the snot out of the rubber ram ball to get them tight enough, the balls are about to split apart.

I want mirrors I can see out of. I have been using them for commuting on the freeway, and they simply don't work for road use on my DR or my DRZ.

Is it at all possible there is a batch of them that were not as good?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #658
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
Is it at all possible there is a batch of them that were not as good?
I'm really sorry to read this.

I'll PM you, I'd be happy to send you a replacement set and see if that changes anything. It's so odd that your experience is different from so many others and my own- not doubting you, just wish I understood why!

PM incoming.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #659
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I'm really sorry to read this.

I'll PM you, I'd be happy to send you a replacement set and see if that changes anything. It's so odd that your experience is different from so many others and my own- not doubting you, just wish I understood why!

PM incoming.
I have one that works perfectly and one than falls down after every bump......
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #660
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,144
I understand completely Ned, I tried various things to keep them in place, but no luck yet. I will try the replacements, I hope it works. I kept trying them anyway, partly because so many people have had good reports of them.