Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #661
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
I understand completely Ned...
I need a reply to the PM to know where to send 'em!

Nowwhat, send me your address too (PM).

The mold process is fairly precise, so I'm at a loss for why the variation... maybe within the RAM arm?

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #662
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I need a reply to the PM to know where to send 'em!

Nowwhat, send me your address too (PM).

The mold process is fairly precise, so I'm at a loss for why the variation... maybe within the RAM arm?
I am going to try some RTV on the ball first......

It may very well be the ram arm and therefore not your fault,,,Riding the whoops on Saturday......
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #663
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,786
Yamaha WR250R(dual sport bike): What is the ram ball mount part number that screws right into the stock mirror perch??(left side)

Is it the same thread and pitch for the Honda CFF250L( dual sport) bike too?? Thanks for the info.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #664
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,949
Quote:
I'm really sorry to read this.

I'll PM you, I'd be happy to send you a replacement set and see if that changes anything. It's so odd that your experience is different from so many others and my own- not doubting you, just wish I understood why!

PM incoming.

This kind of response is what separates Ned's company from so many others. He hears the customer's issue and is trying to solve the problem. Bravo!!!!!!

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #665
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Yamaha WR250R(dual sport bike): What is the ram ball mount part number that screws right into the stock mirror perch??(left side)

Is it the same thread and pitch for the Honda CFF250L( dual sport) bike too?? Thanks for the info.
The standard ball stud base fits both Honda and L/S (Clutch) of the Yamaha.

On the R/S of a Yamaha, you need either our Yamaha Adapter, or on most models (including the WR250R) there is actually an adapter screwed onto the bottom of the stock mirror.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #666
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
The standard ball stud base fits both Honda and L/S (Clutch) of the Yamaha.

On the R/S of a Yamaha, you need either our Yamaha Adapter, or on most models (including the WR250R) there is actually an adapter screwed onto the bottom of the stock mirror.
Thanks for the reply Ned. I got one of the guys at work sold on them now, so he is putting them on all his bikes. He liked the way I mounted mine to the stock mirror perches and wanted to do the same.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #667
Avenger069
n00b

Oddometer: 9
It's pretty awesome seeing the level of support provided for these mirrors within this thread. I stumbled across this product before seeing this and was on the fence in terms of placing an order.

I am going to now get my order in this evening when I get home. Good stuff.
Avenger069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #668
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
I have broken blinkers, body panels, bark busters, and even my Garmin GPS.....but the mirror takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Awesome....just realized you have my quote from here. NICE

Old 09-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #669
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
I have posted about it several times, but it's official. These mirrors I have don't work.
They fold back at any speeds above 65, and for whatever reason, my DR650 vibrates enough that I can't see if there is a car behind me at night or an airplane.
I wanted to like them so much. Everyone seems to love them. I have sanded the ball, I have crushed the snot out of the rubber ram ball to get them tight enough, the balls are about to split apart.

I want mirrors I can see out of. I have been using them for commuting on the freeway, and they simply don't work for road use on my DR or my DRZ.

Is it at all possible there is a batch of them that were not as good?
Quote:
I understand completely Ned, I tried various things to keep them in place, but no luck yet. I will try the replacements, I hope it works. I kept trying them anyway, partly because so many people have had good reports of them.
Do you have them mounted to a RAM ball in a stock perch?? or do you have a U bolt type RAM set up?

I ask cause I had an issue with mine moving, at one point, but it was not the mirror or arm moving, it was the ball mount in perch spinning(loose). Some red loctite and no more issues.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #670
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,145
Yes, stock perches, but they aren't spinning, I used blue loctite.
Good point though,
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #671
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 547
Just a couple ?'s

Quote:
Yes, stock perches, but they aren't spinning, I used blue loctite.
Good point though,
Do you run a plastic 'clamp' or the metal version? Plastic ball or the metal ball? I am looking at getting some mirrors for my pig. Waiting to see how this turns out. Ned, do you recommend the all plastic ram mount or the metal, especially when vibration is an occurring event?
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #672
mommer
bring on the world!!!!

Oddometer: 1,957
my new mirror in "out in the lava rock" mode perfectly outta the way!

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/g...UkefvUtpvQzqzl
mommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #673
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,959
Just mounted a set on my 2013 690 and they work great, and hold up under a lot of pounding dirt roads...

... just like the set on my Berg FE 390

My favorite mirrors by far
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #674
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #675
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,643
Thumb Never any movement problems in over 35,000miles!^)- I love these things.

I switched to the short Polycarbonate Ram arms quite a while back, due to weight and compactness.
They are indeed light and bite the rubber coated ball real well. If you try the longer Plastic arm you'll probably break it, I found that it doesn't take the tightening torque as well as the shorty.
I think the slightly textured Poly arms bite the ball better than the Painted/powdercoated Aluminum does, plus you can rough up the inside of them a bit if you like.
I also notch them a bit to give me more range of movement, for certain applications.

Some pics of the mirrors out on adventure...

The shorty at speed as per an accidental pic...
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote