Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #721
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider View Post
Hi Ned. Love my mirrors. I have a set on two of my dualsport bikes. Hope to see you this year. Maybe in Colorado or the 2014 KTM Rally. Take care. SR (aka Patty Bell)
Me too! Did KTM announce where the rally is yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondesmo View Post
I just ordered a set of your mirrors/ram mounts for my '11 990 KTM. I have read where crashes can break the mirror mount bases with the stock mirrors. I have been lucky twice (don't ask) so it's past time for replacement. I ran across your Double Take Mirrors here in ADVrider, Vendors. Looking forward to getting your product.
Thanks for the order! Another tip- We sell a Split Clamp Assembly that you can use to replace the OE brake master mount- in other words, you discard half of our split clamp, and the OEM piece that clamps around the side of the bars nearer the rider, and use half of the split clamp to replace it. Probably not necessary with the Doubletake since it will give way if need be, but a low-cost option if you have broken the master cylinder mount (or don't want to).

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #722
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,786
now that the 640A is running again, I decided to get another Double Take before I inevitably break the remaining stocker. Thanks Ned!

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #723
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Me too! Did KTM announce where the rally is ?

Hey Ned. I haven't heard anything yet, but I it is my understanding that KTM is going to release the specifics any time now. In the meantime I was reading my March Cycle World mag and saw a great pic of you on your rally bike. Nice! The article mentioned something about a rally in Gunnison CO this July. Where can I find out more info? Will you be there since it is in your backyard? Hope to see you this summer. SR
Old 02-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #724
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider View Post
Hey Ned. I haven't heard anything yet, but I it is my understanding that KTM is going to release the specifics any time now. In the meantime I was reading my March Cycle World mag and saw a great pic of you on your rally bike. Nice! The article mentioned something about a rally in Gunnison CO this July. Where can I find out more info? Will you be there since it is in your backyard? Hope to see you this summer. SR
It's the Cycle World Adventure Rally, an awesome event that is a totally new style. Basically, we set up a map with bonus locations all over it, far more than any team could get to, and then you choose your own adventure in picking up bonuses.

It's my event, so yes, I'll be there!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #725
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 892
Quote:
It's the Cycle World Adventure Rally, an awesome event that is a totally new style. Basically, we set up a map with bonus locations all over it, far more than any team could get to, and then you choose your own adventure in picking up bonuses.

It's my event, so yes, I'll be there!
That looks awesome Neduro. Appalachian Edition?
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #726
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,610
What this thread needs is a Double Take pictaaar.

AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #727
shoein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Just picked up a 950s adventure so time to order a new set of mirrors. Any chance of a discount code?
shoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #728
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,970
I have been risking it with stock mirrors on my 990 and SE for a while, but this weekend reminded me, I need the Double Take Mirrors! I'm tempted to go with the short arm to stay compact, but I would like some good visibility, so maybe longer is better? What are people running on the big bikes? Especially those with broad shoulders...
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #729
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,610
Get the longest arm you can. Fold in sketchy conditions or sketchy conditions will fold them for you. After sketchy conditions, mirrors are not broken just folded, readjust and ride on.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #730
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,760
I started with aluminum long arms and now use the composite shorty's... can still see behind me.
Buuut to start out you may wanna go for the long arms. Another 1" sticking out won't hurt ya... but not enough could.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #731
indio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Any discount offered? Would like to order a setup.
indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:09 AM   #732
neduro OP
Addict

Regarding arm length- I agree with Ateam- generally the 3" option is better. Not only does it offer better visibility behind, but the "head" of the mirror tucks away closer to centerline. But, every bike, and every rider is different, and sometimes the short length arm works better for both. I run one on my rally bike as it allows the mirror to fold "just so" behind the GPS.

Regarding discounts, it is a tough decision for us. On one hand, we love ADV and ADV'ers and want to help anytime we can. On the other, discounts are intrinsically unfair at some level, to people who didn't know about them and we think we make a great product that is priced fairly every single day.

One day, someone is going to cut off one of my arms to force me to quit saying "on one hand".

But of course everyone, (including us!) wants to make our dollar go as far as possible and stretching it a little further is always welcome. So I'll throw out "cmonspring14", which is good for 10% for the next week, and reflects my general view of the world right now- time for Winter to end and Riding season to be fully here!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #733
littlelionmonster
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 812
Sweet! Just ordered a set to replace the one I trashed at Sandblast.

Thanks Ned!

Corporate Downsized - Screw it, I'm doing the TranLab

Wife and kids left, I'm going to WV
littlelionmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:53 AM   #734
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,350
Quote:
But of course everyone, (including us!) wants to make our dollar go as far as possible and stretching it a little further is always welcome. So I'll throw out "cmonspring14", which is good for 10% for the next week, and reflects my general view of the world right now- time for Winter to end and Riding season to be fully here!
Woot!! Time to dress up the XR with some Double Takes!!! (thanks Ned!)

_Magoo_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #735
shoein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
thanks Ned, ordering a set now.
shoein is offline   Reply With Quote