User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Dirt Rider OP
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
2014 F800GSA Stock Seat

Those who have the new bike, how do you like the seat? Comfy? I am thinking about one of these for my 2013 standard GS. Do you tend to slide forward when braking or chopping the throttle as I do on my stock sucky seat? Opinions would be appreciated.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
kpoling
"onward through the fog"

Oddometer: 28
2014 F800GSA Stock Seat

I do not like mine and am exploring Russell as an option. I thought I read that the seat pans are different between the two bikes. Kevin
Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Dirt Rider OP
Old Adventurer

I had a red/black one on my bike before I bought it. Seemed to go on ok. It is taller however and made it a little harder to touch down. I bought the low version 800 so with this seat I was no longer flat footed, but it would not be a problem. I'm thinking TT or Saddleman. Saddleman and the stock seat are the cheapest way to go. I'm trying not to experiment much as I'm still trying to find a non buffeting shield. Get's expensive playing.

If your's is red/black, and you decide to change, I might be interested.

What do you not like about it?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Reaver
Outta Here

Oddometer: 4,271
Uh, I thought it was determined that since a GSA has a different sub-frame to accommodate the big tank, it also had a different seat that wouldn't fit a standard.

Leaving it all behind 2014
Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
60HzShuffle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
The F800GS seat does not fit the Adventure model, but I am not sure about the other way around and I think it might work. I think it is a lot better than most stock seats, but probably not as good as getting a Russell. You will not be able to slide back because of the way the seat is shaped if you get the 8GSA seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Rider View Post
Those who have the new bike, how do you like the seat? Comfy? I am thinking about one of these for my 2013 standard GS. Do you tend to slide forward when braking or chopping the throttle as I do on my stock sucky seat? Opinions would be appreciated.
60HzShuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Dirt Rider OP
Old Adventurer

Dealer sales rep installed it off another bike for me to try. I assumed it fit and they were the same base? I was told that it was the BMW Comfort seat without the small hump? I'll have to ask again. I have pics but no place to park them so I can't post. The red/black combo looked great on the white bike I bought.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
kpoling
"onward through the fog"

Doug: It just does not fit my butt and has a forward slant. I have never had a stock seat on any bike fit me well though. If I get a Russell, I will need the stock pan for them to build the new seat. kevin
Old 12-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
jackjack700
n00b

Oddometer: 6
i ride the 8GSA with the stock comfort seats and they work fine so far (on 1-2h rides). seats are always kinda personal lol.

you can try hosting your photos on imgur (www.imgur.com)
jackjack700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Dirt Rider OP
Old Adventurer

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
I have the BMW " comfort seat" on my 2011 GS and it is basically the same seat that comes stock on the new GSA. I love it. It is worlds better than the plank that came with the bike.
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
TwoCamSam
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I don't mind my GSA seat at all. Ive done a few days that were in the 400 mile range and it was ok. I rode a Touratech seat on a standard GS that I borrowed from the dealership and it wasn't nearly as comfy.I could probably get 200 ish miles on it before I started getting sore and having to stand up every 10-15 mins.
TwoCamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #12
Pstmstr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Seat

It's tolerable for my skinny butt for the limited riding I've done on mine, longest day so far is just over 300 miles. I much prefer the Russell on my RT so I suspect I'll be springing for one on the GSA at some point.
Pstmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
peteace
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I do like my GSA seat. I can easily ride 400 km stretches without pains. Which was not possible with the standard 8GS seat.

Standard model seats won't fit to GSA, because the GSA seat bump contains more space for the ECU. Otherwise (GSA seat to GS) I have not tried. It could be possible, if the rear "contacts" are at same position.
peteace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #14
drbeamer
Adventure Capitalist

Can anyone confirm that the F800GSA seat fits a standard GS? I'd also be interested in going this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60HzShuffle View Post
The F800GS seat does not fit the Adventure model, but I am not sure about the other way around and I think it might work. I think it is a lot better than most stock seats, but probably not as good as getting a Russell. You will not be able to slide back because of the way the seat is shaped if you get the 8GSA seat.
drbeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM   #15
Kickstand Down
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbeamer View Post
Can anyone confirm that the F800GSA seat fits a standard GS? I'd also be interested in going this route.
I'm pretty sure the GSA seat is wider than the normal 800 comfort seat. As to whether that means it won't fit, I can't say. Unless you have a cheap source for the GSA seat, why not just get an aftermarket seat or have one made?

The GSA seat is nice, for an OEM seat, but it isn't going to be as good as a quality handmade seat. I'm just guessing here, but it seems like BMW would probably charge you $500 or more to just order the GSA seat.... so yea, I'd go for $300-500 to send your current seat to a good aftermarket place to make an all day comfort seat.

The Natural State.... Where all roads less than four lanes qualify as an adventure.
Kickstand Down is offline   Reply With Quote