Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
steinline OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Various F700 crash bar pics / notes / prices inside - thoughts on which one to buy?

Alt rider (nice mounting system, USA made, but I don't like that I would probably have to buy "another" bar to protect the upper area; Expensive $376 but that's necessary for made in usa usually; oh, and they say made from stainless steel which many folks say is not as strong):

Givi "new" TN5103 (I like that these are a full system; appear to 1" diameter, powdercoat not as thick, and do stick out quite a bit like the Adv-spec but only $250):

Holan Pro (nice contour, not as high but still solid, good idea on "sacrificial" mounts" - I think?, protects side case, and I like the triangular bracing - but I think these will stick out pretty far on an F700, like the adv spec; $265 from advmotorrad; did see a post on here that one person had a set that snapped at the connection in the middle cross brace - but then he bought a new set anyway, hmmm.):
http://www.advmotorrad.com/image/cac...11-500x500.jpg

RockFox (come up high, love the father / son company dynamic, good reputation as being very strong, not designed specifically for new F700 / F800 panels' lines, I think these will also stick out quite far on F700; well priced at $230):

Adv-spec (see other post for pics, great product with good rep, great powdercoating, "regular" steel, $348)

Puig (if you can find it, inexpensive at $162, I think they will stick out quite a bit - perhaps too much, don't know much else):

SWM (not sure I like how close these seem to fit to fairing; good rep with lots of people using them; photo of guy standing on bike resting on them - but that's not a "real world" crash; priced well at $265 or so):

Others?

Thanks!!
steinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
73datsun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
I'm quite pleased with my SWMotechs.

73datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 612
I know it's not a 700, but I can say that I have thoroughly tested my SWM bars and they are holding up very well!

This year TCAT

This year TCAT

Buck Bald
Cherokee National Forest

No pics of it on the ground, but I broke my collarbone and after some minor tweaking of the bars here's how they look:

Done 2 yrs ago at Horseshoe Valley BMW off road training.

2 years ago

That's all the photo evidence that I have. I ended up dropping the bike on park of the TCAT 4/5 times in one day...I will definitely get SW Motec crash bars again!
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
BlueRidgeKat
Daily Commuter

Oddometer: 196
If you ever want to add aux lights the Givi TN5103 does offer some mounting options so you can have them inside the bars where they are more protected from possible (likely) drops/crashes.

By no means am I trying to say the TN5103 Givi's are the best out there but I've had a number of different crash bars on bikes over the years and very pleased with this new design by Givi.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
BlueRidgeKat is offline   Reply With Quote