User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #1
Kummok OP
AlCan Flash

Oddometer: 5
Homer>Skagway>Homer May/June

Planning a Spring ride to either Skagway or Haines, from Homer. Leaving May 29 or 30 and will be in Skagway for one day, June 1st, daytime only. Not certain whether I'll overnight on the 31st and 1st in Whitehorse, Haines, or Skagway but will depart towards Homer on June 2, regardless. Prefering Haines but haven't been able to confirm ferry logistics to Skagway as yet.

Right now, going solo but welcome other rider(s), especially if you want to ride AlCan, Richardson, Glenn, Yukon hiways your first time. I'm travel experienced on all hiways that except that the short paved Yukon (approx 100 miles long, Whitehorse to Skagway) section will be first time for me. Long daylight hours but expecting only 500-600 mile days, overnighting in hard walls.
Kummok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,517
When do you arrive Homer, or are you here now ?
Old 05-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
Kummok OP
AlCan Flash

Oddometer: 5
I live in Homer, Dean...RC here...
Kummok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
AK650
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kummok View Post
Planning a Spring ride to either Skagway or Haines, from Homer. Leaving May 29 or 30 and will be in Skagway for one day, June 1st, daytime only. Not certain whether I'll overnight on the 31st and 1st in Whitehorse, Haines, or Skagway but will depart towards Homer on June 2, regardless. Prefering Haines but haven't been able to confirm ferry logistics to Skagway as yet.

Right now, going solo but welcome other rider(s), especially if you want to ride AlCan, Richardson, Glenn, Yukon hiways your first time. I'm travel experienced on all hiways that except that the short paved Yukon (approx 100 miles long, Whitehorse to Skagway) section will be first time for me. Long daylight hours but expecting only 500-600 mile days, overnighting in hard walls.
The ride to Haines is beautiful. Haines Junction to Haines is the highlight. Awesome stretch of low traffic, high scenery pavement. Haines is a great small town, and not nearly as touristy as Skagway. You could ride to either one, and then hop the ferry to the other, that way you get another new stretch of road to check out.

Jeff
IBA #44600
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote