User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
WERA456 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
F800gs PricE

Ok I am about to pull the trigger on a new F800gs. (2013).

Before I get to far into this, should I wait for 2014? Are they coming out with any major changes to 2014?

So to the real question. When I walk into the dealership ready to buy, what price should I be willing to pay? What have others been able to get their 2013 model for? How negotiable is the posted price? I have never bought a new motorcycle, so just want to know if I am going to have to pay the price they have posted.

Post up what you payed for your 2013 F800gs. Help me and others not to get ripped off by the local dealer.
WERA456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
goodburbon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
I was told by the last BMW dealer I visited that the prices were not negotiable, BMW didn't allow it and would revoke their sales.

Whether or not true, remains to be seen.
goodburbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Trailblazin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
W/ the $250 military discount I got a new one w/ every factory installed option available including the comfort seat for 14,750 OTD after taxes and title/tag.
Trailblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,463
I got the EMS discount and that's it. The 800s are flying out of the dealerships so they don't need to haggle. That being said dont expect much. I'd angle them into throwing a farkle in maybe. Let us know.

I paid about $12,500 but I choose to skip the ESC/TSC.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,101
I got 5% discount after comparing it with other dealers and making them fight over me . everything is possible, just go there and ask them what should I expect for OTD. Shows the dealer that you are ready to buy.
About the 2014 the already is another thread started with someone from the middle east. Look it up.

Cheers,

Loutre

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Spektrum84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Similar experience to others. My dealer had set prices, but I bought a 2012 late when the 2013's were already on the show floor. Given the many changes to the models he needed to sell it, I was ready to buy. I think I was able to get a little off the ticket price but not much. Dealers really don't have trouble selling them so there is no need to cut profits on the sale price. I won't blame them, I would do the same thing!
I don't think there will be any changes from 2013, maybe other than available color choices.
Spektrum84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
WERA456 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok to expand a little on the question.
I have four dealerships within 3 hours. Besides spending the next month going to all of them. Just trying to see what is an acceptable price. Don't want to go to dealer A, get excited and spend $1000 more than if I had ga style patients to wait for the next weekend to go to dealer B.
Headed to test drive one later today at dealer C.
Thanks for all the help so far.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Buy it at the dealer where you plan to get the bike serviced, whether based on distance, convenience or your impression of the service department. Buying based on initial price alone is a fleeting advantage compared to reliability of service. Besides, you may be entitled to loaner bikes or parts discounts from the dealer who sells you a new bike.

If you find a $1,000 difference on the same year and model bike, you've done well!

Fred
Don't buy from a dealer that charges a setup fee - it's a markup.

If you need some gear or farkles to go with the bike, see how flexible the dealer is with the pricing on these items.

Now is probably not the best time to find deals (unless you can find a 2012 bike).

petzi-baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
ccooper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
I sent all BMW dealers within 150 miles an email to see if any were interested in negotiating. Most ignored me, but a few didn't. I hate to not support my closest dealer, but I work very hard for my money and I'm not wealthy. That's the only way I could justify buying this expensive of a bike...feel like I'm getting a great deal on it. Good luck and BTW, I'm in Hoschton GA...where you at? Hit me up with any other questions and when we both get our bikes, let's ride!
ccooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Inelastic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
[QUOTE=WERA456;21087570]Ok I am about to pull the trigger on a new F800gs. (2013).

Before I get to far into this, should I wait for 2014? Are they coming out with any major changes to 2014?
/QUOTE]

Join the dilemma

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874534
Inelastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,463
[QUOTE=Inelastic;21092881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456 View Post
Ok I am about to pull the trigger on a new F800gs. (2013).

/QUOTE]

Join the dilemma

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874534
Why not wait for the '15?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
[QUOTE=ThatGuy;21093136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inelastic View Post

Why not wait for the '15?
:-)

Don't forget that by then KTM will have the new 800 V2 released which will beat the F800GS into the ground ...

But in all seriousness, BMW just released some changes to the F700/F800GS. Although they might not look like much, the differences are there, especially when it comes to the manufacturing and tooling.

New plastics
New provider for the forks
If you look at the area behind the cyclinders - its all reworked - probably requiring new parts as well.
They upgraded the ABS - threw in ESA, ASC.

So why would BMW redesign the bike all over again - it would be logistical nightmare, if they change too many parts on a yearly bases ...

just a thought, but then again BMW can do whatever pleases them.

BTW - by that time of the last year the rumor mill was in high gear - and pics of the new F700GS prototypes started to appear on the internet.

petzi-baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #13
WERA456 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I was quoted 14158 out the door yesterday. That sounds reasonable. I may be getting one this week.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #14
rockmurf
IBA #31100

Oddometer: 320
Riding season is just around the corner. Room for negotiating was about 4-5 months ago. I would definitely use the internet to request quotes from all dealers asking for the out the door price on a bike spec'd out like you want it. I know Max BMW responded to my request and gave me a starting point.
rockmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmurf View Post
Riding season is just around the corner. Room for negotiating was about 4-5 months ago. I would definitely use the internet to request quotes from all dealers asking for the out the door price on a bike spec'd out like you want it. I know Max BMW responded to my request and gave me a starting point.
BS there is always time for negotiation. The only thing that will differ is the actual reduction you'll get. Sure in december you'll get more than in april but you can always get some % on a bike. I bought my past 3 bikes in march, april and one in june and always got a reduction on the price. I always paid my bikes straight ahead and since in France it is impossible to pay more than 3.000 in cash I didn't even had to pull that option to get a good deal.
Don't be shy and tell them what you want and for what price. They feel the weakness in a customer and won't give you anything if you don't ask. Dealers always think that you aren't that interested in a bike and that you just want to get a free ride and that's it. Sit down with him, show him that you want the bike and that you aren't afraid to go to another dealer. And if he doesn't bend then go to another dealer and so on. At one point a dealer will give you a reduction and then you go back with a proof to the initial dealer, the one who is the nearest to you and you show him what the other dealer is offering you. Believe me he is going to adjust his price. I don't tell you what I heard but what I did.

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote