User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
icebergstu OP
Husqvarna Tragic

Oddometer: 485
Stegz Pegs....Who's got em?

I rode a bike a few weeks ago that had some pretty interesting modifications and I have to admit, for us big bore stand up powersliding, arm pumping legends, these things make life SO much easier!!!

They are called STEGZ PEGS.

They bolt onto your frame in the perfect position and you can actually lean against them with your boot, taking a good 75% of weight off your arms when your standing.

Not only is this good for arm endurance but you can lock your legs onto your bike and it gives you mega control like never before.

Point is though........They dont make em for my TE610E or any for that matter.

So I called them......spoke to the bloke that makes them.......all he needed was a bike to measure up. I live 2,500ks away and I was tempted to ride up there but for some reason being away from home for a couple of weeks to spend money on my bike didnt go down too well with the Mrs.

Thankfully I posted a note in the Aussie forum on ADV and within an hour or so I had a volunteer!!

He gets a free set just for lending his bike to be measured up!! How cool is that!

So if anyone is interested in a fantastic invention and wants to be able to ride further without the shoulder and arm tiredness then I highly recommend these things.

Heres a plug for the website!

http://www.stegpegz.com.au/

Stu

icebergstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
the_hulkamaniac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
I know what you mean holding onto a freight train gets tiring after a while. This is another company that makes the "same" thing.

http://www.legpegs.com/Home_Page.php

I just have to try a pair or find someone with an xr650r to get a set fit.
the_hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,044
looks like an easy thing to make yourself. i think i'll try and see what happens.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer: 737
Keep us posted. I have some 6061 3/16" plate alu if you need it for fab. The plates 12" square. I think this is a great idea. I am almost 60 and it is getting harder to hold on to the pig all day.

Joe
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

XR650R Pegs

Well, I spent most of the afternoon making a set for my XRR. I have to say that it really does give you lots of extra control. I feel like I can steer the bike better because I am not just holding on but actually directing the bike. This applies to when I am climbing. Instead of gravity pulling my upper body back away from the front end I can stay forward and drive the ship. I will get some pictures later after I fine tune the install.

Joe
Old 04-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
r00t4rd3d
ADV Rider

Oddometer: 895
Can we get some pics Ironwood ?

03 Honda XR250R
r00t4rd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

Joe's XRR DogLegs

Here are the Pics.

[IMG]Left Side DogLeg[/IMG]

[IMG]Right Side DogLeg[/IMG]

I am arc slotted one of the holes for some adjustably. I rode several test loops today and adjusted each time. They are feeling pretty good. If there is enough interest I will run a batch. They are very stout. Made from 3/16" 6061 Reynolds aluminum. The left side was the hard one. I had to drill 2 8mm tapped holes for the mount. I will probably add one more bolt to that side. The right side uses 2 existing mounts. I used a longer bolt in each.

Joe
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,044
thats awesome joe,,, your faster than me since i was riding this arvo instead of fabricating, but i will make a pair here in the near future.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 AM   #9
tennessee thumper
now in Mt. View, AR

Oddometer: 700
IW,

I'd be interested in trying a set of these. How many do you have to fab to make it worth your while?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
r00t4rd3d
ADV Rider

I would like to try some too but there is no way in hell I would pay 120 bucks for 2 pieces of metal with rubber stoppers attached to them.

03 Honda XR250R
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #11
icebergstu OP
Husqvarna Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee thumper
IW,

I'd be interested in trying a set of these. How many do you have to fab to make it worth your while?
Their patented so making and distributing copies then posting them on an international forum (that doesnt have a delete thread button) with pictures and organizing the sale might not be a great idea. In fact it might be one of the stupidest things I have seen on a forum of any type for some time.
Thats just my 2c worth anyway.

Id rather pay the cash and support a wicked invention and inventors.

Stu

Old 04-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
r00t4rd3d
ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergstu
Their patented so making and distributing copies then posting them on an international forum (that doesnt have a delete thread button) with pictures and organizing the sale might not be a great idea. In fact it might be one of the stupidest things I have seen on a forum of any type for some time.
Thats just my 2c worth anyway.

Id rather pay the cash and support a wicked invention and inventors.

Stu
+1 vote on the dumbest post of the year award.

Ok where to start. First off ironwoods look nothing like the ones from Stegz. Also I dont see anywhere on Stegz site that says they are patented. Their name is copyright but thats it.

Now lets just say the world lived by your post. We would have 1 maker of cars , bikes , toasters , milk crates , etc's

Everybody copies everyone to some degree in the manufacturing business one way or another. Its how the world works.

Tell Osama I said "Hi" and crawl outta your cave man !

03 Honda XR250R

r00t4rd3d screwed with this post 04-26-2010 at 09:00 PM
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #13
icebergstu OP
Husqvarna Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d
+1 vote on the dumbest post of the year award.

Ok where to start. First off ironwoods look nothing like the ones from Stegz. Also I dont see anywhere on Stegz site that says they are patented. Their name is copyright but thats it.

Now lets just say the world lived by your post. We would have 1 maker of cars , bikes , toasters , milk crates , etc's

Everybody copies everyone to some degree in the manufacturing business one way or another. Its how the world works.

Tell Osama I said "Hi" and crawl outta your cave man !
Osama says "Hi and thanks for the bottle of wild turkey you sent him in return for the bomb info he sent you!"

Anyway.....

I see your point but how can we throw our support to a great idea by saying "Bugger paying for it, Im gunna make my own"?

These blokes have obviously put their guts on the line to whip up a kila product that makes riding easier for us all and want to make a crust out of it. My crazy notion is to put my cash up and say "Cheers for your effort! I'll take em."

Maybe thats just how things work in Australia or its just my deluded take on things. Could be why Australia didnt have a recession and is sitting on top of economic growth on a world scale.

Enjoy your knock offs!

Stu

Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
r00t4rd3d
ADV Rider

lol. Everyone knows Osama drinks fermented pig urine man. No wild turkey for him.

Quote:
"Bugger paying for it, Im gunna make my own"
If you could print your own money instead of working for it would you ?

03 Honda XR250R
Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #15
bump
COLOR ME GONE

Oddometer: 713
When you two get done with your foreplay can we return to this thread?

The stupid thing might be drilling into this frame on an XR650R. Anyone make the leg pegs work?
bump is offline   Reply With Quote