Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 06:37 AM   #451
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbichsel View Post
FedEx shows my Sena to be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to get this working!

I've decided to wait on a Bluetooth dongle until we find aout all the details on the SR10.

Hopefully the SR10 will charge and operate at the same time like the SMH10.

Will report my findings as things go.
Smart move, I have been through 4 BT dongles, most of them have an auto shutoff after 10 minutes to save battery life, and that is a PITA especially since I have my radar run through it. The one I found that doesn't auto shut off only last about 5 to 6 hours on the road.

I too wish they would hurry up and get the SR10 on the market and hopefully the battery life will be close to the SMH10, if so that will be a winner
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #452
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
3m tape?

I remember some postings about installation tips, and people using 3M tape. Can anyone tell me where to buy a roll of this? I've checked Lowe's and they did carry an VHB type by 3M. Would Ace Hardware or another chain have it? Thanks, I've got my units, now for the installation.
TIGERRIDER007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #453
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
I remember some postings about installation tips, and people using 3M tape. Can anyone tell me where to buy a roll of this? I've checked Lowe's and they did carry an VHB type by 3M. Would Ace Hardware or another chain have it? Thanks, I've got my units, now for the installation.
There's already 3M VHB tape on the adhesive mounting plate that's included with the clamp kits.

There's a zillion types of VHB tape, and we use a few variations in the shop. It's very important to clean the helmet's surface with isopropyl alcohol first and wipe with a clean cloth.

Lowe's sells this, and it works very well. Be sure to let the tape set at least 24 (preferrably up to 72) hours at 70F or above, to achieve full bond strength.

We offer an adhesion promoter pad from 3M, as well. Just wipe onto the surface of the helmet and let dry, prior to mounting the tape. This is typically used to apply stick-on auto body trim. We use it mostly for aesthetic LED work on Harley's and cruisers.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #454
Turbo Ghost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
That's the tape I used. It's VHB but, not labelled as such. Good stuff!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #455
Turbo Ghost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ren View Post
Yep, have had the exact same experiences. Do you think it might because of how much we press on the jog dial button to start the intercom ? or because both users try to fiddle with and get the music back or intercom started ? I don't know, it's just very difficult to tall whether it's a problem with the unit, or with how we operate it.

Could it be that there's a way to terminate the intercom to make sure the music comes back, i.e the user who didn't start it is the one to terminate ?
I dont' think it was/is us. I think it's an issue in the units. There didn't seem to be any triggering cause. I could hear it trying to connect but, failing. It only happened a few times. If it starts happening more often, I might have to worry about it but, right now I'm not.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #456
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
thanks

I appreciate the tape information. I'll make sure I clean the helmet with alcohol at the mounting place, so full adhesion will take place.
Thanks again Adam for the quick ship and useful info, and other parties.
I can't wait to try them...
TIGERRIDER007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #457
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
There's already 3M VHB tape on the adhesive mounting plate that's included with the clamp kits.
I used the adhesive mounting plate on my Shoei Multitec and that was quite a few thousand miles ago, in rain heat and 140 mph runs and it hasn't moved or come loose. I did prep the area by cleaning with alcohol.

Now the one that came with the Scala G4, it lasted about 1/2 a mile , really
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #458
Jibby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
once again

More praise for Adam's service.

I ordered the SMH-A0302 with the wired speakers and they were delivered quickly to the left coast.

For some reason the system wouldn't let reserve two of the SR10's. I know my card could handle 20,000 Grand.

Jibby
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #459
jbichsel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Sena

Received my Sena Dual and A0304 a few hours ago. Installed the A0304 and my ear buds while the base units charged.

Not sure the A0304 is as wonderful as I hoped. Initial reactions to phone calls: I can hear the other person fine. They say I sound muffled and broken up. Also, having stuffed as much of the ear bud cable behind the padding, it makes for getting the ear buds in my ears somewhat challenging.

Might have to try the standard bracket.

Pretty cool being able to listen to music on my HTC Inspire, tap a button and voice dial.
jbichsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #460
O'Ren
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
I dont' think it was/is us. I think it's an issue in the units. There didn't seem to be any triggering cause. I could hear it trying to connect but, failing. It only happened a few times. If it starts happening more often, I might have to worry about it but, right now I'm not.
Here's what i found out after a bit more use of the sets: When both sets have the VOX activated, and the intercom is started by one of the riders over the music playing from the phone, if you keep silent to let the VOX turn off the intercom automatically, you get your music back.
We tried it several times and always had the same result.

Now, one might say that it's annoying and we should be able to get our music back by tapping the jog dial, but that always results in the issue we're talking about. Turbo, try to record the steps and actions before the issue rises, and you'll see it happens when one of you is using the jog dial to start or end an intercom. I realized yesterday that my pillion was not pressing the jog dial the right amount: if you press lightly the intercom will start, if slightly more, the music will stop, from there if you start the intercom, you won;t get your music back unless you press again to start it.

As for the failure to connect, same thing, I realized a couple of times that it happened when the other was fiddling with the jog, so I suspect there is a sequence that must be followed for this to work, and if the two sets are not in the same sequence (one has done something different, tapped the jog or phone button), it's sometimes more difficult to connect the intercom.

I might be wrong of course, this is just all user experience based, so not very reliable, but that's what sense I could make out after reading the manual again and playing with the units a bit more.
O'Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #461
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
That's the tape I used. It's VHB but, not labelled as such. Good stuff!
Yup. same stuff, different labeling. This is also great if you want to stick one of those big, fancy, address plaques onto your helmet.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #462
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Thumb

Availability update...

See first posting in the thread.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #463
[!]WildBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:

> > > N e w s F L A S H:
Sena's pretty good about keeping secrets... The headset kits we'll be receiving are the new SMH10B version. These supposedly have a mini USB port for software upgrades and battery charging. Soon as we get 'em, we'll post up some photos. That's all we know, for now.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
[!]WildBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #464
jpdude999
Rider on the Strom

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
> > > N e w s F L A S H:
Sena's pretty good about keeping secrets... The headset kits we'll be receiving are the new SMH10B version. These supposedly have a mini USB port for software upgrades and battery charging.
Ahh, good things come to those who wait!
VSRI #17387

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." - Robert Louis Stevenson
jpdude999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #465
DucNaked
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Cool! I just ordered a set today. I hope to have them for my trip to Colorado on the 14th.
DucNaked is offline   Reply With Quote