User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #46
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Order placed...

...and so the anticipation begins! Particularly since we require the UK style plugs here. Will report back when received (for the rest of you Asia-based international customers), installed and, of course, field tested!
Solstice0000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #47
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
OK, call me crazy, but I'm sitting here in the office with my helmet on, listening to 'Led Zeppelin Radio' on Pandora through my Motorola Droid linked via bluetooth to the Sena headset.

And it sounds really good.

My primary concern with this headset as compared with my old Autocomm is noise cancellation. I think Autocomm did that very well, but this device seems to just want to use straight volume to overcome road noise. I'll have to do some testing over the next few days.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #48
bradatlarge
Insha'Allah

Oddometer: 11,884
Oh man. I hate you guys for tempting me into this but, I'm so in....one question though:

I'm looking at the dual set. My situation is as follows:

Bike: Zumo 550 (with all its attendant capabilities)

Me: Blackberry Tour for phone

Passenger: Blackberry 8900 for phone

and there's an iTouch with bluetooth also floating around that could figure into this situation.

My question is, with the Sena units can the passenger pair her phone to her headset and also use the intercom? She's a medical professional that often is on call - having the ability to take phone calls on the bike would be HUGE for her.

Help me understand how our various devices would work, please?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #49
Stomp
Imprisoned Wanderlust

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
OK, call me crazy, but I'm sitting here in the office with my helmet on, listening to 'Led Zeppelin Radio' on Pandora through my Motorola Droid linked via bluetooth to the Sena headset.

My primary concern with this headset as compared with my old Autocomm is noise cancellation. I think Autocomm did that very well, but this device seems to just want to use straight volume to overcome road noise. I'll have to do some testing over the next few days.
I don't believe there is any noise cancellation on the speakers, but there is definitely noise cancellation on the mic input. And it's so fantastic (at 75pmh) that people say it sounds better than when I just hold the Iphone up to my face sans any headset. Fairly amazing.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #50
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatlarge
Oh man. I hate you guys for tempting me into this but, I'm so in....one question though:

I'm looking at the dual set. My situation is as follows:

Bike: Zumo 550 (with all its attendant capabilities)

Me: Blackberry Tour for phone

Passenger: Blackberry 8900 for phone

and there's an iTouch with bluetooth also floating around that could figure into this situation.

My question is, with the Sena units can the passenger pair her phone to her headset and also use the intercom? She's a medical professional that often is on call - having the ability to take phone calls on the bike would be HUGE for her.

Help me understand how our various devices would work, please?
Good questions. On the Sena, the pairing of the headsets to each other, is a separate function than pairing to the GPS, phone, iTouch, etc. This procedure should get you there.

Yours:
  • Power off Blackberry
  • Pair the Zumo to Sena using the MP3, GPS, Phone option on the Zumo - that will utilize the Sena's headset profile
  • Turn on the BlackBerry
  • Pair the BB to the Zumo. This will use the Zumo's phone/hands-free profile. You will be able to dial out and accept calls from the Zumo's screen, with the audio in the headset.
Passenger:
  • Power off BlackBerry
  • Pair iPod to the Sena - this will use the A2DP profile for stereo music.
  • Turn on BlackBerry - Pair Sena to the BB - this will use the hands-free profile. You can answer calls using the 'phone button' on the Sena, or reject calls by tapping on the 'jog dial'
To simplify things, my suggestion is to power off any Bluetooth devices that you are not pairing to - so turn off the iPod and passenger's BB when pairing your setup.
Autocom | Clearwater Lights | Sena Bluetooth
| Scala Rider
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto screwed with this post 05-09-2010 at 03:46 PM
RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #51
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:

JD - Can we get photos of you groovin' to LZ in your office, please?

The Sena's noise cancellation is very good. I'm still of the opinion that Autocom is tops in this area, but were talking about two completely different animals, here.
| Scala Rider

Old 05-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #52
Stevequest2000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Nuvi???

Has anyone been able to pair their Sena with a Nuvi? I've tried multiple times and can't get it to work with my 780 which is very disappointing since it's one of the main reasons I bought it. The Garmin only seems to try a passcode of 1234 when the Sena requires a 0000 passcode.

Stevequest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #53
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
Good questions. On the Sena, the pairing of the headsets to each other, is a separate function than pairing to the GPS, phone, iTouch, etc. This procedure should get you there.

Yours:
  • Power off Blackberry
  • Pair the Zumo to Sena using the MP3, GPS, Phone option on the Zumo - that will utilize the Sena's headset profile
  • Turn on the BlackBerry
  • Pair the BB to the Zumo. This will use the Zumo's phone/hands-free profile. You will be able to dial out and accept calls from the Zumo's screen, with the audio in the headset.
Passenger:
  • Power off BlackBerry
  • Turn on BlackBerry - Pair Sena to the BB - this will use the headset profile. You can answer calls using the 'phone button' on the Sena, or reject calls by tapping on the 'jog dial'
To simplify things, my suggestion is to power off any Bluetooth devices that you are not pairing to - so turn off the iPod and passenger's BB when pairing your setup.
Sorry, Mr RocketMoto, but I didn't see any pairing of the Rider & Passenger headsets above...so do we have to pair the Rider+Passenger headsets before or after the above-mentioned devices? Also, when do we pair this Rider headset to the 3 other Riders' Sena headsets (cos we can communicate with up to 4 other Sena headsets right - which, btw, is the Passenger's headset counted as 1 of the 4 other Sena headsets that can be paired together)? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #54
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Talking

Quote:
JD - Can we get photos of you groovin' to LZ in your office, please?
Sure! I'll do my best to remember to get one taken this week before leaving for the RDV. I assume standard modeling fees apply?

Quote:
The Sena's noise cancellation is very good. I'm still of the opinion that Autocom is tops in this area, but were talking about two completely different animals, here.
I'll be putting it to the real test beginning Thursday morning, two up on a smallish and barely-faired machine all day long, on roads up to and including Interstates. I still haven't informed the wife about it, although it's installed, charged, and ready to go on her helmet. Maybe I'll surprise her with it tomorrow, as it seems an appropriately romantic Mothers Day gift.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:48 AM   #55
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice0000
Sorry, Mr RocketMoto, but I didn't see any pairing of the Rider & Passenger headsets above...so do we have to pair the Rider+Passenger headsets before or after the above-mentioned devices? Also, when do we pair this Rider headset to the 3 other Riders' Sena headsets (cos we can communicate with up to 4 other Sena headsets right - which, btw, is the Passenger's headset counted as 1 of the 4 other Sena headsets that can be paired together)? Thanks.
He didn't mention pairing the headsets together because it doesn't have any impact on the rest of the procedure, and can be done before or after what was presented, or I suppose at various points along the way. Pair them up ahead of time, or do it later, it just doesn't matter.

Yes, the passenger headset will be considered one of the four. The procedure for pairing the headsets together is clearly outlined in the manual (which you can read on-line at senabluetooth.com). It takes a few seconds per pairing.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #56
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevequest2000
Has anyone been able to pair their Sena with a Nuvi? I've tried multiple times and can't get it to work with my 780 which is very disappointing since it's one of the main reasons I bought it. The Garmin only seems to try a passcode of 1234 when the Sena requires a 0000 passcode.

Steve? 3:00AM and you're pairing your headset?

Seriously - call us in the shop and we'll work on it together. We haven't paired to a 780, but the Nuvi 765 paired right up.
| Scala Rider

Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #57
bradatlarge
Insha'Allah

Oddometer: 11,884
Quote:

Yours:
  • Power off Blackberry
  • Turn on the BlackBerry
Passenger:
  • Power off BlackBerry
  • Turn on BlackBerry - Pair Sena to the BB - this will use the headset profile. You can answer calls using the 'phone button' on the Sena, or reject calls by tapping on the 'jog dial'
Sweeeet. I will be sharing this with the girl tomorrow and if she agrees that this is what we both are looking for, you'll have another order Monday.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #58
NJmcRider
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Awesome customer service

Hello all. I am mostly a lurker and definitely new to this forum. However I just wanted to put in my 2 cents...

I purchased my Sena set just over a week ago from Rocketmoto. I can tell you these guys are first rate. I have only been on two short rides with the Sena's. However, I had an issue with one of my units not putting out any bluetooth music. I called Rocketmoto and Dave immediately began trouble shooting and I discovered I had a faulty clamp unit. I received a call from Adam that very night and have a replacement clamp unit on the way already.
Thanks guys, not only a great price but awesome customer service.

-NJmcRider
NJmcRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #59
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
He didn't mention pairing the headsets together because it doesn't have any impact on the rest of the procedure, and can be done before or after what was presented, or I suppose at various points along the way. Pair them up ahead of time, or do it later, it just doesn't matter.

Yes, the passenger headset will be considered one of the four. The procedure for pairing the headsets together is clearly outlined in the manual (which you can read on-line at senabluetooth.com). It takes a few seconds per pairing.
Thanks, JD...that was just the info I needed! Cheers, Roy
Old 05-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #60
Macho Man2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Laugh RocketMoto

I've got to say that Dave at RocketMoto is A+ ok with me!! I ordered a single unit of the sena. After it arrived I mounted it to my helmet and it connected with the bluetooth on my phone right away, made a phone call or 2 just to check it out! Since I haven't ordered a bluetooth adapter yet for my ipod or Garmin 2720 I was going to just use the corded 3.5 plug for my music and the jack wouldn't go into the mike set, I tried again and again pushing it in but it wouldn't go in. I called Dave at RocketMoto with my problem and after telling him I was planning on using it for a ride this wk. end he overnited me a replacemant !! HOWS THAT FOR SERVICE!! I Highly recommend RocketMoto for your buisness.

Bill
Macho Man2 is offline   Reply With Quote