Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #616
argentcorvid
Some Guy

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagalong View Post
but will never play in both units at once. Is this normal? I can only guess that the ITouch can only connect to one bluetooth headset at a time. Am I correct?
This is the way bluetooth works, I'm afraid.
argentcorvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #617
Dan GSR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
order placed, very easy to deal with, and fast shipping
Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #618
JohnnyD
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ordered mine on late Monday afternoon...

...shipped Tuesday and is in town for delivery today Can't wait to install. Thanks Adam, great customer support.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #619
JohnnyD
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ordered mine on late Monday afternoon...

...shipped Tuesday and is in town for delivery today Can't wait to install. Thanks Adam, great customer support.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #620
Dan GSR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
ordered yesterday at this time, and i have the units here charging, AWESOME
Old 08-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #621
rhart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks Jeanette/Adam.
rhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #622
toolmaker91
n00b

Oddometer: 1
First of all, thanks to RocketMoto for the great deal available through the group buy and for taking the time to answer our questions both here and otherwise. Thanks also to those who have taken their time to help others here in this forum. The wealth of support and knowledge available greatly influenced my buying decision.

I purchased a pair of the SMH10's a couple of months ago, one unit for myself and the other for a buddy that I frequently do day rides with. We both ride sport touring bikes and have found these headsets to add an extra level of enjoyment to our rides together.

I wanted to share one small hiccup that I had that got resolved with the firmware update. I use a Zumo 550 for both it's guidance and music management.. Since it doesn't transmit stereo bluetooth, I am feeding it's audio output to a Sony HWS-BTA2W bluetooth dongle. My headset paired with the Sony dongle easily and worked great until I initiated and ended an intercom conversation with my riding buddy. The headset muted the audio from the Sony dongle as expected each time one of us initiated an intercom conversation. After the conversation was ended however, the audio from the Sony dongle wouldn't resume. The only solution that I found was to turn the dongle off and back on again. I wasn't sure if the fault was with the Sony dongle or the headset. Knowing that the firmware update was slated to be released sometime in July, I held off about contacting someone for a solution until I found out what the update resolved.

When Sena finally made the firmware update available, I updated my headset. I read the release notes during the update process and was encouraged to read "Occasional Intercom/music play switching stability issue resolved". Much to my suprise and relief, the update remedied my problem. The audio from the dongle now resumes after each intercom conversation withlout fail.
toolmaker91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #623
Mastros2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaker91 View Post
First of all, thanks to RocketMoto for the great deal available through the group buy and for taking the time to answer our questions both here and otherwise. Thanks also to those who have taken their time to help others here in this forum. The wealth of support and knowledge available greatly influenced my buying decision.

When Sena finally made the firmware update available, I updated my headset. I read the release notes during the update process and was encouraged to read "Occasional Intercom/music play switching stability issue resolved". Much to my suprise and relief, the update remedied my problem. The audio from the dongle now resumes after each intercom conversation withlout fail.

+1 to RocketMoto and everyone chiming in. Thank you!

Toolmaker, glad everything is working out. I have too noticed that once in a while the music would stop (instead of pause) while in the Intercom mode but I just push play on my 765 and everything is back to normal. Not really a hiccup since is doesn't happen all the time. Maybe I'll update the firmware to see if it resolves that. Again, not a big deal to me.
Mastros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #624
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,380
Received my dual set on Saturday evening and got it installed Sunday...

Tested it on my commute to work this morning. Synched to an android phone / Zumo660... Didn't make a phone call yet, but the music works great!!!

I love it!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #625
Omaha51
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I just bought a dual set, installed. Paired one headset with my Droid, music plays fine. I paired the two sets (at least according to the flashing lights) but I can not communicate using the intercom. Evidently I don't know what I am doing,

Any help would be appreciated!
Omaha51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #626
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha51 View Post
I just bought a dual set, installed. Paired one headset with my Droid, music plays fine. I paired the two sets (at least according to the flashing lights) but I can not communicate using the intercom. Evidently I don't know what I am doing,

I don't have it in front of me, but the users manual has really good directions for use. I believe if you just have 2 sets paired, you tap the jog dial once to start an intercom conversation... I am pulling this from memory, though, since the book is at home and I am at work...

Edit: User Manual available in PDF format!!

Quote:
Pairing with other SMH10 headsets for Intercom conversation
1. The SMH10 can be paired with up to three other headsets for Bluetooth Intercom
conversation.
2. Turn on the two headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
3. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A for 5 seconds until red LED starts
to flash rapidly.
4. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset B for 5 seconds until red LED starts
to flash rapidly.
5. Simply tap the Jog Dial of any one of the two headset A or B (It doesn’t matter
that you choose A or B) and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue
and intercom connection is automatically established. (Headset A is paired with
Headset B)

• Intercom Conversation
1. You can start an intercom conversation with any of Intercom Friends by tapping the
Jog Dial: single tapping to intercom with the First Intercom Friend, double tapping
with the Second Intercom Friend, and triple tapping with the Third Intercom Friend.
2. To terminate an intercom conversation, single tap the Jog Dial. Any intercom
connection with any Intercom Friend will be terminated by a single tapping. A
double or triple tapping will do nothing in this case.

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 10:53 AM
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #627
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 924
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha51 View Post

So, did you try the 'tap the jog dial to connect'?

Don't hesitate to call us if need a hand.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #628
Mastros2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Sena has some really youtube videos that make sense out of the users manual. Here is one for pairing the headsets with each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXq_oO39G0U
Mastros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #629
Deanman
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
After much googleing, reading and my general over-analyzing and gnashing of teeth, I bought a double set in mid July and have now used them on a few trips. My wife is deaf, but speaks just fine, so after some discussion I ordered a set of 2. Pairing to my then Blackberry Pearl was easy, and and pairing the two units was easy too. Wife had trouble remembering at first that it took a full second or more before my audio cut in, so I kept missing the first part of what she was saying. But we got past that quickly enough and have enjoyed having the enhanced communication ever since. Way better than me trying to read her handsigns or try to understand what she was saying at speed. Obviously, she still can't hear me, but asks me yes/no questions and so on. Again, way better.

When I first got them I marked them A and B, just so I could know one from the other.

I just took both on a week long tour (Sasquatch Dual Sport in Washington State) and used them mostly for music, although I did call and take a couple calls on it, while riding. Worked great.I just shuffled my ipod on the iphone, and fast forwarded through songs I didn't want to hear.

I brought my chargers, but didn't want to hook up the charger cord to my helmet while on the bike (I mean, that's why I bought bluetooth in the first place, right? To get rid of the wires!) then I figured out (Duh!) that I could just pair both units up to my phone so when the battery died on A, I just pulled over, swapped to fully charged B, and charged A in the tank bag. I use a canabalized lighter USB port that I mounted to the handlebar, and just plug in the USB cable. Easy and cheap.
Now I'm about to order one more mount so I can stop swapping the second mount around. I have a street and a dual sport helmet and the wife has a street helmet, so I'm going to just buy a third one and only have to snap in the main unit from helmet to helmet.

Only weirdness I've noticed is that unit A gives me distinct, clear beeps when I pause, unpause, FF or Reverse the music, but unit B just clicks faintly. I haven't really messed with it to see why. Also, both, once in a while, will just sort of lose connection, and I have to power them down and back up. It's happened a few times, on both, but I now have probably 50+ hours on A and maybe a bit less on B. Both have the latest firmware update, just released a few weeks back. They both work fine other than that.

Oh yeah, a week after I got them I dumped the Pearl and got a shiny new 32GB iphone 4, and they pair up with it just fine too.

Anyway, I really like them and recommend them. It's great to have wireless comm and tunes, and these have certainly met my expectations, and Adam and the folks at RocketMoto have earned my repeat business.
Thanks for reading my long winded rambling.

Thanks,
Dean
Deanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #630
Macho Man2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Question group buy

Adam does the group buy include the buying of an extra speaker-microphone unit for an extra helmet??

Bill
Macho Man2 is online now   Reply With Quote