Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #766
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by 625SXC View Post
Getting ready to order a set.. GREAT PRICE! Thanks

Considering getting an extra mount and I was curious if anybody is using the "NON" boom mic model? My mouth is pretty close to the chin guard on my RF1000 Shoei.
The flat mic works fairly well on my AFX FX-39, in which my mouth is rather close to the chin bar. I say "fairly well" because if the mic gets mispositioned by a few millimeters, the wind noise from the mouth vent apparently gets problematic.
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #767
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
The flat mic works fairly well on my AFX FX-39, in which my mouth is rather close to the chin bar. I say "fairly well" because if the mic gets mispositioned by a few millimeters, the wind noise from the mouth vent apparently gets problematic.
It may be necessary to block the vent with a piece of tape or the soft side of a hunk of Velcro.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #768
Suter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 625SXC View Post
Getting ready to order a set.. GREAT PRICE! Thanks

Considering getting an extra mount and I was curious if anybody is using the "NON" boom mic model? My mouth is pretty close to the chin guard on my RF1000 Shoei.
I tested the system last weekend and it worked and fit well in my Shoei Qwest (mic on the beam). The only thing that bothered me was my ears didn't fit as good as they used to because of the speakers taking place. The beam is kind of in a way but didn't bother me during a ride. Just place the mic a little to the side, not straight in front of your mouth.
Suter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #769
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suter View Post
I tested the system last weekend and it worked and fit well in my Shoei Qwest (mic on the beam). The only thing that bothered me was my ears didn't fit as good as they used to because of the speakers taking place. The beam is kind of in a way but didn't bother me during a ride. Just place the mic a little to the side, not straight in front of your mouth.
I have an early production Qwest and it has well defined pockets in the styrofoam liner that hold the speakers nicely... do the newer ones omit that?
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #770
Suter
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
I have an early production Qwest and it has well defined pockets in the styrofoam liner that hold the speakers nicely... do the newer ones omit that?
The pockets are still there. It's just that only my ears were there previously. Now it's speakers and my ears.

Before I put the speakers in it was perfectly comfortable. Now I can feel where my ears push on something. Not sure if it's speakers or the liner.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #771
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,135
Quote:
The pockets are still there. It's just that only my ears were there previously. Now it's speakers and my ears.

Before I put the speakers in it was perfectly comfortable. Now I can feel where my ears push on something. Not sure if it's speakers or the liner.
I would check to make sure the 3 snaps all snapped and that the v-shape cut outs in the vinyl curtain are snapped ...
otherwise ehhhhhhhhhhhh I got nut'n....
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #772
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:

This is a common issue, as the Shoei's have very shallow ear pockets. What we do to get another couple millimeters space is - and you need to do this very carefully - place the speakers *exactly* where you want them, the indentations in the plastic aren't necessarily in line with your ear canal. Then trace the speaker on the plastic, and *VERY CAREFULLY* take a very sharp pointed X-Acto knife and cut into the thin black plastic only, but not into the hard styrofoam behind. Cut the plastic along the line you traced, and set the speaker into the recess that you created - you can attach the 'loop' Velcro directly to the styrofoam liner.

That should do the trick. We've done this lotsa times and it does not affect the integrity of the helmet if you refrain from cutting the styrofoam.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 03-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #773
KiloBravo
Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Thumb

Head sets arrived and are working great, very pleased on my first ride.
Only issue was with the pairing the iphone bluetooth with the Sena but it worked out after a few attempts.
I'm pleased with the Sena.
KiloBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #774
-GREG-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Great doing business with you Adam. Thanks for a great price on a very nice product.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #775
Suter
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
This is a common issue, as the Shoei's have very shallow ear pockets. What we do to get another couple millimeters space is - and you need to do this very carefully - place the speakers *exactly* where you want them, the indentations in the plastic aren't necessarily in line with your ear canal. Then trace the speaker on the plastic, and *VERY CAREFULLY* take a very sharp pointed X-Acto knife and cut into the thin black plastic only, but not into the hard styrofoam behind. Cut the plastic along the line you traced, and set the speaker into the recess that you created - you can attach the 'loop' Velcro directly to the styrofoam liner.

That should do the trick. We've done this lotsa times and it does not affect the integrity of the helmet if you refrain from cutting the styrofoam.
Thanks Adam for the instructions. I'm actually thinking about getting the different base for using with isolating earbuds.

Just need to find earbuds small enough. The ones I have now stick too much out from my ears.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #776
Cerberus83
The Wingman

Oddometer: 141
PM Sent

I'm looking to buy a single unit for my Arai Profile helmet. Do you know if there are any "known issues" connecting Sena to Arai helmet?

Thx!

Cerberus83 screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 12:50 PM
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #777
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus83 View Post
PM Sent

I'm looking to buy a single unit for my Arai Profile helmet. Do you know if there are any "known issues" connecting Sena to Arai helmet?

Thx!
Arai's are the easiest to install headsets in. These have rather deep ear pockets, so a spacer pad to move the speakers closer to your ears may help. We have spacer pads from Autocom, 1/4" and 1/2" thick.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #778
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GREG- View Post
Great doing business with you Adam. Thanks for a great price on a very nice product.
Thanks for the business, Greg!
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #779
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Thanks Adam for the instructions. I'm actually thinking about getting the different base for using with isolating earbuds.

Just need to find earbuds small enough. The ones I have now stick too much out from my ears.
You could go the custom molded earbud route. All depends on your budget. Westone are very good and Sensaphonics are awesome, but will burn a big hole in your wallet.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #780
Suter
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
You could go the custom molded earbud route. All depends on your budget. Westone are very good and Sensaphonics are awesome, but will burn a big hole in your wallet.
Ah, thanks. I think I'll stick with something on par with my JVCs ;)