Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #931
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 922
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWander View Post
Just got my dual set of SMH10s set up for a weekend trip. On the test ride it kept saying "intercom fail, try again later", but once I turned off VOX Intercom the problem went away. For those of you who aren't familiar with these, there's a feature that allows you to initiate an intercom session by yelling at the mic. If you have a noisy helmet or you ride at high speeds with the shield open, it'll try to fire up the intercom every time the sound threshold is reached. If you disable that feature all you have to do it tap the jog wheel to start yakking.

I'm one of those people who researches the heck out of things, and once I decide on a product my expectations are understandably high. I was very impressed with the quality of these units and how clear the voice audio is. Music quality is fine too, but if you're used to wearing expensive headphones/earphones don't expect deep punchy bass and crystal clear highs. I didn't, and I wasn't disappointed at all. The only disappointment I had was realizing that I've been riding for nearly 40 years and I didn't buy these sooner.

Thanks Adam, your customer service is outstanding and you've been a pleasure to work with!
Thank YOU!

A helmet isn't really a concert hall environment. Earbuds will make a big difference in sound reproduction and ambient noise isolation, if you want to go that route.

The VOX? Fugeddabouddit. Autocom VOX works as one would expect. Sena and the rest of the Bluetooth headsets that we've sampled, no so much. Stick with the 'tap the jog dial' to intercom with your pillion or riding pals, and you'll be a lot happier.

Say - we'd appreciate if you'd post your purchase experience at http://rocketmoto.com/reivew for the world to see.

Thanks!
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #932
M2
where 2 ride today?

Oddometer: 230
Question Music Question

About to shoot off a PM to order but after reading the last 10 pages or so of the post I believe I read the rider and passsenger cannot both listen to bluetooth music from a zumo 550. Please excuse my laziness in not wanting to read 100's of post as time is a factor in making the decision.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #933
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 View Post
About to shoot off a PM to order but after reading the last 10 pages or so of the post I believe I read the rider and passsenger cannot both listen to bluetooth music from a zumo 550. Please excuse my laziness in not wanting to read 100's of post as time is a factor in making the decision.
You are correct. First, the Zumo 550 does not do stereo music, so it'll sound like a $2 1950's AM transistor radio.

Regardless, the Sena headsets cannot share a music source - today. In a few weeks (we hope) we'll have the SM10 dual stream Bluetooth adapter that'll let two headsets pair to the same stereo audio source.

Hope that helps.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #934
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

New SR10 cable...

Folks - FINALLY!!! we have the new SC-A0116 cable for the SR10's in stock. This cable has bare leads at one end so you can fabricate your own cable to Ham or other 2-way radios that Sena does not offer a ready-made cable for.

Click the Linky for info.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #935
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

The Sena SPH10H and SM10 are on indefinite hold...

Inmates:

We received this communication from Sena last night:

"To all Valued Partners:

The availability of the SPH10H and SM10 have been delayed until further notice. Sena engineering is still working out the kinks and do not have any delivery date set at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your customers. As soon as we receive a firm ship date from the factory, we will notify you immediately. Again, sorry for all the inconvenience.
"

We realize that this is disappointing to many of you - especially the delay of the SM10 dual stream BT adapter. We have a substantial pre-order in for both of these products and if you contact us, we'll add you to our pre-order list to keep you updated as to availability.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

RocketMoto screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 07:14 AM
Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #936
Turbo Ghost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Ya know what!? That's the kind of post that pleases me! It's nice to know Sena has the common sense to NOT release a product UNTIL they get the bugs worked out! I know of a particular product that is getting ready to be released that is not ready but, they are going to release it anyway because they've hyped it so much! (Sorry I can't say what it is due to confidentiality agreements)
The main thing is to keep your customers in the loop with what's going on and tell them the truth! I would rather wait for a quality product than get an irritating device now! Kudos to Sena!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #937
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
Ya know what!? That's the kind of post that pleases me! It's nice to know Sena has the common sense to NOT release a product UNTIL they get the bugs worked out! I know of a particular product that is getting ready to be released that is not ready but, they are going to release it anyway because they've hyped it so much! (Sorry I can't say what it is due to confidentiality agreements)
The main thing is to keep your customers in the loop with what's going on and tell them the truth! I would rather wait for a quality product than get an irritating device now! Kudos to Sena!
I'm with you. While the delay is an inconvenience, it's an even bigger nuisance to deal with a faulty product that is not ready for prime time. I was an applications engineer for 'The World's Largest Chip Maker' and I can't tell you how many times products were released too early, that should never have been. We called it 'time to market'; regardless of whether it was a POS, it was gonna ship.

It's easier, and far less costly, to fix issues up front, rather than when the product is all over the planet.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #938
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,419
4.1 is released, I see.

Release notes:

CHANGES
=======
- Configuration to enable high quality A2DP and handsfree microphone boosting
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements in audio management and intercom function

Which tells me nothing.

Guess it'll wait until I get home from this trip to try it out. Loath to mess with our setup on the road.

On a good note: Stopped by the RM World Headquarters today for some excellent tech support from their crack team of professionals. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #939
martinh
SSYSO Recruiter

Oddometer: 244
Adam,
Is Sena going to be offering any upgrade incentive on the SM10 when they release it for those who bought the SMH10 within a year? I would be really interested in the SM10 because I like the idea that it now has Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter so the passenger can listen to the same music.
XR650L K6 Sold
martinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #940
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
4.1 is released, I see.

Release notes:

CHANGES
=======
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements in audio management and intercom function

Which tells me nothing.

Guess it'll wait until I get home from this trip to try it out. Loath to mess with our setup on the road.

On a good note: Stopped by the RM World Headquarters today for some excellent tech support from their crack team of professionals. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Thanks for the heads-up on that...
"High Quality" apparently means slightly better sound quality if this is what they are actually talking about:
http://soundexpert.org/news/-/blogs/...o-quality-a2dp
I listen to podcasts sometimes and ... higher quality would be a pluss!
JRWooden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #941
Hellfish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I have to echo previous comments about the stellar service from Rocket Moto. I placed an order on July 4th and received my new toys, I mean...communication equipment, today! That's record time for anything that I've purchased trans border. Everything is already installed and working great! Thanks!!!
Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #942
JackpotDuc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh View Post
Adam,
Is Sena going to be offering any upgrade incentive on the SM10 when they release it for those who bought the SMH10 within a year? I would be really interested in the SM10 because I like the idea that it now has Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter so the passenger can listen to the same music.
I'd be very interested also.
Hope this pans out!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #943
martinh
SSYSO Recruiter

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I have to echo previous comments about the stellar service from Rocket Moto. I placed an order on July 4th and received my new toys, I mean...communication equipment, today! That's record time for anything that I've purchased trans border. Everything is already installed and working great! Thanks!!!
+1 These guys are steller to work with, Great cusotmer service
XR650L K6 Sold
martinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #944
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh View Post
Adam,
I will ask 'the man' to see if any sort of promotion is planned.

We have the SM10's on pre-order from our supplier, so we'll be at the top of the list to get 'em. It'll be a couple of weeks, I figure, before we have the SM10 in stock. Not that it matters to y'all, but we've ordered the Harley Ultra and Gold Wing cables, for the SM10, as well.

Stay tuned...
| Hi-Power LED Lights

RocketMoto screwed with this post 07-13-2012 at 05:22 AM
Old 07-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #945
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
4.1 is released, I see.

Release notes:

CHANGES
=======

Which tells me nothing.

We got an email from Sena on Wednesday extolling the virtues of the 4.1 release. Then I read the release notes, such as they are - and WHAT? Just what does this new version do, anyway?

I was in software engineering and technical sales for a very long time. When we had new 'features' like these - I'd call it a 'content-free' release. Last company I worked for, the software was all Web-based - SaaS - software as a service, they call it. So, when a new release came out, you got the new *features* whether you wanted them or not. Usually we added a bunch of stuff that no one cared about, and hyped it as the latest 'great slice of bread'. Oh, and we would manage to break about 50 things that previously worked great.

So, my suggestions is - if it works, don't fix it. Let someone else Beta test the software for you. .

Jim - thanks for coming by the shop the other day! Was great to meet you and the Missus. I envy the time you have to wander about on two wheels.
| Hi-Power LED Lights