Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #1051
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-Man View Post
for a "10" w/"5" attachment method for cable...

While I'd LIKE to have a pair, I don't like compromising and limiting myself as far as features go, and the 10 has at least 2 that I am sure that I will want.

I don't feel that it would be prudent to buy now when inevitably the revised cable attachment would be incorporated.

I'm sold on Sena from everything I've read I can't fault their or their dealer's customer service as compared to what I consider their only competitor in the BT arena.

Simple case of wanting it all...
If you start turning blue and want to breathe, give us a call. It's been two years, so far...
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #1052
Brad-Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
If you start turning blue and want to breathe, give us a call. It's been two years, so far...
Gee - to me Feb/Mar of 2012 is only 1 year...That's when you first got the 5's...

Yeah, I can wait, or go w/Autocomm or Starcomm and wired - anything but Scala...or maybe tell the other half that she'll have to get used to not being heard...I CAN DEFINITELY WAIT!
Brad-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #1053
ajayhawkfan
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,044
Still waiting for a response.

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos
ajayhawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #1054
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 674
Hey Adam,

I currently have the SMH10 upgradable version. My kid is now riding with me. Looking at getting one of the new slim versions (SMH10R) and installing the older unit onto his helmet. Are they compatible? Can I do a three-way pairing with my wife's helmet too (I.e. two SMH10s and the new SMH10R)?

Need some stuff from you. Please PM a code...thanks a ton!

Adam

Lucky post#500!
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #1055
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucker View Post
Hey Adam,

I currently have the SMH10 upgradable version. My kid is now riding with me. Looking at getting one of the new slim versions (SMH10R) and installing the older unit onto his helmet. Are they compatible? Can I do a three-way pairing with my wife's helmet too (I.e. two SMH10s and the new SMH10R)?

Adam

Lucky post#500!
I have the SMH10R and it will do everything the SMH10 will do, it is just a smaller version, well the part on the side of the helmet is smaller, then there is the battery that attaches to the rear of the helmet. No big deal for me, I don't even know it is there. It does take some getting use to not having that big wheel to be able to push to talk to someone.
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #1056
MTRREF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
SMH10R Questions

Adam,

First I sent you the confirming e-mail.

Second, I'm interested in the new 10R. Is there a way to use the 10R with earbuds rather than the speakers?

Third, I'm assuming that the 10R sticks to the side of the helmet so the Schubreth visor issues with the clamp have gone away, correct?

Thanks, Jim
R1200RT
MTRREF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #1057
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayhawkfan View Post
Still waiting for a response.
Slammed here, folks. Worked over 100 hours the last week. Please hang in with me while I come up for air...
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #1058
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucker View Post
Hey Adam,

Adam

Lucky post#500!
Fully compatible. Info coming to your PM...
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #1059
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRREF View Post
Adam,

First I sent you the confirming e-mail.

Second, I'm interested in the new 10R. Is there a way to use the 10R with earbuds rather than the speakers?

Third, I'm assuming that the 10R sticks to the side of the helmet so the Schubreth visor issues with the clamp have gone away, correct?

Thanks, Jim
Jim:

No earbud option at present, but I would expect one to be available - there have been many requests.

No problem on the C3 or C3 Pro. Just use one of our 3M promoter pads to mount, and use the adhesive mounting plate.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #1060
Hucker
Lost

Quote:
Fully compatible. Info coming to your PM...
Never got it...

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #1061
rc458
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thumb Hang in there...

Quote:
Slammed here, folks. Worked over 100 hours the last week. Please hang in with me while I come up for air...
Adam - I just wanted to let you know that I recently placed (and received) my order from RocketMoto. I have been extremely pleased with the process from beginning to end. Thanks for all of your assistance/guidance. Keep up the good work.

Rod
rc458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #1062
Hucker
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc458 View Post
Adam - I just wanted to let you know that I recently placed (and received) my order from RocketMoto. I have been extremely pleased with the process from beginning to end. Thanks for all of your assistance/guidance. Keep up the good work.

Rod
Ditto. Adam and Co. does a great job keeping up with us. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #1063
ClydeMI
n00b

Oddometer: 7
This is in no way knocking Adam or RocketMoto, but I thought I would take a minute to mention that my SMH10 mounting clamp snapped in half the other day. I'm careful with my helmet, and it's taken no impacts, so I'm not sure what the root cause was.

Dealing with Sena support is a little frustrating, but they're granting me an RMA. It's just time consuming. I started the process on Wednesday, and they invariably reply to my emails at the end of their day (they are in California, and I'm in Michigan). At this point, it looks like I'll need to send them my mounting bracket via the RMA process (still waiting on a number), and they'll send me a replacement. I'll have to wait until Monday for the RMA code, then send it on Tuesday. Overall, I'm guessing two to three weeks without the convenience of in-helmet intercom, music, and phone.

Moral of the story... there may be a fault in the plastic mounting bracket. Check yours for cracks before it breaks. I was lucky that the bluetooth unit fell off the helmet when I wasn't riding, or else I would have been left with pretty much nothing.

I'll post an update when the whole issue is resolved.
ClydeMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #1064
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeMI View Post
This is in no way knocking Adam or RocketMoto, but I thought I would take a minute to mention that my SMH10 mounting clamp snapped in half the other day. I'm careful with my helmet, and it's taken no impacts, so I'm not sure what the root cause was.

Dealing with Sena support is a little frustrating, but they're granting me an RMA. It's just time consuming. I started the process on Wednesday, and they invariably reply to my emails at the end of their day (they are in California, and I'm in Michigan). At this point, it looks like I'll need to send them my mounting bracket via the RMA process (still waiting on a number), and they'll send me a replacement. I'll have to wait until Monday for the RMA code, then send it on Tuesday. Overall, I'm guessing two to three weeks without the convenience of in-helmet intercom, music, and phone.

Moral of the story... there may be a fault in the plastic mounting bracket. Check yours for cracks before it breaks. I was lucky that the bluetooth unit fell off the helmet when I wasn't riding, or else I would have been left with pretty much nothing.

Did you buy it through Rocketmoto and if so did you call them?

I had some EVS knee braces fail after a low speed tipover. It was going to be an arduous process to "maybe" get them fixed or replaced through the manufacturer. I called Cyclegear, the distributor, who said "Bring it in for a full refund." I have found as a general rule, manufacturers want to keep their large distributors happy, not individual customers. Distributors/storefronts want to keep the customer happy, as Adam/Rocketmoto has well proved by this point in time I believe.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #1065
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeMI View Post

That is a weak spot in the SMH10 design ... esp. with the way some helmets are "curved funny" in that area... made worse if you use the non-adhesive clamp (the one with the bracket that slides inside the helmet) and then go overboard with tightening the cap screws down.

I recommend reinforcement of the new one...
This is what I did:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1625
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote