Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #1096
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzu View Post
I haven't found any info on acceptable USB charging specs. I'm looking at a power socket, output 5v 1-2.1a. Is this ok? What is the acceptable voltage and amp. range? Thx
USB is 5 volts, and the 2.1A is more than enough. If that's a dual socket, you can charge two headsets at one time. 1 Amp is sufficient for a single headset.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #1097
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
Are the batteries user replaceable on the SMH10? My wife is complaining of hers not holding a charge.
Not really.

If the unit is less than two years old, it's covered under warranty. If you purchased from us and don't have your receipt handy for the warranty, call or email, and we'll send you a copy.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #1098
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
Adam,

Thanks to you and to Jeannette for a painless ordering process! I received my SMH-10 Dual at the end of last week, (along with a PDM-60) installed them in my and my wife's helmets, and we went for a ride this weekend. The intercom function worked great, the GPS is clear and loud, and the phone function works well too. The PDM-60 with the wiring kit was an excellent buy as well - I only hooked two things up to it right now, but I can already tell it's going to make wiring my new bike way easier than it was on my old bike. Great products, great service, thanks!
Thanks for the business. How 'bout some pictures of you, the missus and the two-wheeler?
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #1099
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdvr View Post
I ordered the SMH10 probably about a year ago. I really have enjoyed it so far. Finally getting ready to install the second one on my wife's helmet and I am thinking about getting the attachable boom mic kit. http://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/...icrophone.html . Does the attached mic come off or do I need to buy something else too. We both have modular helmets and I would like to be done with messing with the mic.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil:

The fixed boom mic stays with your existing clamp and the new one includes two mics - one for a full face and the other a boom for a modular helmet.

Depending on which helmet your wife has, the adhesive mount plate may work better, so order up one of our 3M adhesion promoter pads, just in case.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #1100
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Thanks for the business. How 'bout some pictures of you, the missus and the two-wheeler?
If I can get her back out there this weekend, sure!
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #1101
p40whk
n00b

Oddometer: 3
SMH differences

For you guys that have used these units, the regular SMH10 is too bulky for my use but the SMH5 and the SMH10R will do the job. My concern is with the multipoint pairing; I've read that the SMH5 doesn't support this in an older post here but Sena's website shows that it does, probably they've upgraded the SMH5 to do this. I know the SMH10R has multipoint pairing but do you have to press any buttons to switch between paired units for either device or does it happen automatically?

Reason I ask is I want to pair either a Midland 445 BT or the Motorola MU350R two-way FRS/GMRS radio with the unit and use my iphone for music and press the Push to Talk button on the two way radio to communicate with other bikes.

The Midland 445 BT and the Motorola MU350R are both bluetooth radios and I've already gotten confirmation from Sena that they will pair with their devices. This will allow communication of up to 35 miles between bikes!.

Maybe I should be asking this in another forum but I ran across this post doing a search and it seams a lot of the users are here.

Thanks!
p40whk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #1102
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
For you guys that have used these units, the regular SMH10 is too bulky for my use but the SMH5 and the SMH10R will do the job. My concern is with the multipoint pairing; I've read that the SMH5 doesn't support this in an older post here but Sena's website shows that it does, probably they've upgraded the SMH5 to do this. I know the SMH10R has multipoint pairing but do you have to press any buttons to switch between paired units for either device or does it happen automatically?

Reason I ask is I want to pair either a Midland 445 BT or the Motorola MU350R two-way FRS/GMRS radio with the unit and use my iphone for music and press the Push to Talk button on the two way radio to communicate with other bikes.

The Midland 445 BT and the Motorola MU350R are both bluetooth radios and I've already gotten confirmation from Sena that they will pair with their devices. This will allow communication of up to 35 miles between bikes!.

Maybe I should be asking this in another forum but I ran across this post doing a search and it seams a lot of the users are here.

Thanks!
Multipoint pairing is for the 'handsfree' mobile phone profile only, and the Sena will switch between, say, two mobile phones. My guess is - but you will have to confirm, that that these radios use the 'headset' profile, which does not multipoint pair.

The 35 mile range thing, is marketing BS. Perhaps in outer space, line of sight, you'll get 1/3 of that. Figure somewhere under 1/2 mile range on this planet, and you won't be too disappointed. In anything but clear, open terrain, you may find even that's a stretch.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #1103
p40whk
n00b

Motorola hasn't released these radios yet, they're due in September. I'll send an email to them and ask what profile they use but you're probably right.

I'm interested in the new SMH5-FM, I didn't see the single unit on your site but I may bite the bullet on the dual pack.

I'm actually going to take one of these units and mount it on a helmet I use for my ultralight aircraft (the other for my bike) so the 35 mile range thing with the bluetooth GMRS radios should get close there (nothing but open skies).

For my bike, I'd be happy just to get a mile or two, I use radios like these when I snow ski and get at least that.

Either way, I've read nothing but good things about the Sena Blutooth devices so I'm confident you can't go wrong.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #1104
p40whk
n00b

Ordered a set of the Sena SMH5-FM dual boxes from RocketMoto! Thanks Adam for the great customer service and talking me out of buying something I didn't need. Looking forward to getting them in hand an on my helmets! Hopefully Sena will add FM to the big brothers soon!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #1105
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,590
Someone call Art Bell

or maybe NORAD . . .

I am pretty sure that RocketMoto is using actual rockets to deliver the products. There may even be UFO/Alien technology involved.

Placed an order on Friday afternoon for a replacement Clamp Kit for an SMH10. Nothing remarkable about this part of the story.

Received the goods via USPS (allegedly) on the following Monday. Which is of course, impossible. USPS just can't have managed to get a box halfway across the continent that quickly.

From this I must theorize there must be some kind of time-warp technology involved, or, they are employing out of work UFO pilots to run deliveries.

There is no way that USPS is getting Priority Mail from New Hampshire to Texas in essentially one working day or less without advanced extra-terrestrial technology or assistance. No way.

Nonetheless, KUDOS to the fine folks at RocketMoto for managing this inexplicable feat. It has the feel of magic.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #1106
Drumhawk
Lurker

Oddometer: 15
Question earbuds and/or speakers adapter?

Adam,
I saw somewhere back in the annals of this post (or another Sena thread) a survey about an adapter bracket with earbud jack that also has speakers(I've looked back a little but did not find it). I recently saw the SMH-A0304 bracket with earbud connection but no speakers. I am interested in options so I have to wonder if the earbud or speaker model might be on the horizon?
I'm about done with my Autocom and wires, frustrated with putting in the earbuds, connecting them to the Autocom loom then connecting the helmet to the system. The Sena systems are looking very nice but I have some very nice earbuds so I'd like to have the option to use on longer trips AND have the speakers in the helmet for commute/around town riding. Thanks,

Hawk
Drumhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #1107
slowgoer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Not really for items discussed in this thread. PM sent for personal discount code for other items carried by you guys. Need to get these ordered. Thanks
slowgoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #1108
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
or maybe NORAD . . .

I am pretty sure that RocketMoto is using actual rockets to deliver the products. There may even be UFO/Alien technology involved.

Placed an order on Friday afternoon for a replacement Clamp Kit for an SMH10. Nothing remarkable about this part of the story.

Received the goods via USPS (allegedly) on the following Monday. Which is of course, impossible. USPS just can't have managed to get a box halfway across the continent that quickly.

From this I must theorize there must be some kind of time-warp technology involved, or, they are employing out of work UFO pilots to run deliveries.

There is no way that USPS is getting Priority Mail from New Hampshire to Texas in essentially one working day or less without advanced extra-terrestrial technology or assistance. No way.

Nonetheless, KUDOS to the fine folks at RocketMoto for managing this inexplicable feat. It has the feel of magic.

Ya' know - we get pretty darn good service from the USPS. Priority Mail is typically 2 days, across the country. We've shipped packages on Saturday and they've arrived in Calif on Monday. Perhaps they're 'transporting' the packages to the destination...

| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #1109
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhawk View Post
Adam,
I saw somewhere back in the annals of this post (or another Sena thread) a survey about an adapter bracket with earbud jack that also has speakers(I've looked back a little but did not find it). I recently saw the SMH-A0304 bracket with earbud connection but no speakers. I am interested in options so I have to wonder if the earbud or speaker model might be on the horizon?
I'm about done with my Autocom and wires, frustrated with putting in the earbuds, connecting them to the Autocom loom then connecting the helmet to the system. The Sena systems are looking very nice but I have some very nice earbuds so I'd like to have the option to use on longer trips AND have the speakers in the helmet for commute/around town riding. Thanks,

Hawk
Hi Hawk:

This has to be the most requested of all Sena features. On their support forum, Sena is soliciting comments about this very topic. There are DIY hacks to enable either speakers or earbuds, but nothing 'off the shelf', at this moment.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #1110
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoer View Post
Not really for items discussed in this thread. PM sent for personal discount code for other items carried by you guys. Need to get these ordered. Thanks
Check yer PM
| Hi-Power LED Lights