Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #1171
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
You can splice 'em in, but we suggest soldering them in, instead. We include an instruction sheet. If you're handy with a small tip, low-wattage soldering iron, it's a 10-15 minute job.
Thanks Adam, we'll find out tomorrow when they get here
Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #1172
AdventureEnvy
n00b

Oddometer: 8
PM sent.

AdventureEnvy screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 11:00 PM
AdventureEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #1173
Ink
Slave to the Needle

Oddometer: 125
I got mine last week, while away from home, which drove me nuts since I had to wait to install it and try it. Took about 15 minutes to get everything hooked up and where I wanted it.Took the bike out on the freeway, listened to music and made some phone calls, works really well. Thanks!
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #1174
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Tork Speakers

I got my Tork speakers over the weekend and installed them today replacing the speakers in my Sena 10R. Installation was pretty straightforward with Adam's directions. After a failed soldering attempt on one of the wires I re-soldered it and was back in business. I had to cut some more foam out of my Arai to make more room for the slightly larger Torks (barely larger if you take the foam cover off as Adam has mentioned) Put my helmet on and the sound seemed impressive. I need to listen to these with my earplugs in and on the bike tonight to really compare these fairly to the stock speakers but so far they sound better than the sometimes "tinny" sounding stock setup. I'll update this post after I test them on the bike.

Thanks Adam.......Scott

XFanMan screwed with this post 08-26-2013 at 03:12 PM
XFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #1175
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFanMan View Post
I got my Tork speakers over the weekend and installed them today replacing the speakers in my Sena 10R. Installation was pretty straightforward with Adam's directions. After a failed soldering attempt on one of the wires I re-soldered it and was back in business. I had to cut some more foam out of my Arai to make more room for the slightly larger Torks (barely larger if you take the foam cover off as Adam has mentioned) Put my helmet on and the sound seemed impressive. I need to listen to these with my earplugs in and on the bike tonight to really compare these fairly to the stock speakers but so far they sound better than the sometimes "tinny" sounding stock setup. I'll update this post after I test them on the bike.

Thanks Adam.......Scott
Nice, Scott. Keep in mind that id your earplugs block most of the sound, these are speakers, not magic lanterns. Do post here, how it goes.

Folks... before you do any surgery on your helmet, give us a call. Perhaps we can suggest an alternative that will keep the inside of your helmet intact.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1176
Slvrtundevl
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
email sent
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #1177
drsales
Wondering Why

Oddometer: 383
email sent yesterday!!!!
drsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #1178
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFanMan View Post

Thanks Adam.......Scott
I just bought a set of the Tork speakers from Adam, and some new clamps, etc. They definitely sound better than the Sena stock speakers...but that isn't saying much. Really, they still don't sound very good. If you're looking for sound good enough to enjoy listening to music, these aren't it. I personally wouldn't do it again, as it's a fairly expensive upgrade. Money much better spent on molded earbuds, IMHO.

Also, the volume isn't nearly enough to hear over earplugs, similar to the stock Sena's, so I'm still stuck wearing earbuds unless I'm riding around town. I don't ride behind a Gold Wing, mind you - my bikes are either unfaired, or have small windshields.

YMMV, just my thoughts! Service from Rocketmoto was top notch as always.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #1179
ClydeMI
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Firmware 4.3 Beta

I updated to the 4.3 Beta firmware a couple of days ago after reading a review from WebBikeWorld. I haven't had a chance to fully put the upgrade through its paces, but it seems solid so far.

What I wanted to draw attention to was the following gem from the review:
Quote:
Sena told us that they are currently working on a "Universal Intercom Enable" feature which will allow SMH10B owners to communicate with other brands of intercoms or headsets!
This could be very exciting if it actually comes to fruition.

Does anyone know how to tell the sub-units apart? Is it a firmware difference, or are there actual hardware changes between the SMH10 and the SMH10B? I don't want to get my hopes up if my device isn't going to be included in the "upgrade."
ClydeMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #1180
argentcorvid
Some Guy

Oddometer: 457
The non-B units were the first run version, and the firmware wasn't upgradeable. I think you can tell them apart by the charging connection. It's covered in more detail way up thread. I'd think that by now all of them have been sold, but it's something to be aware of if you find a really cheap one on e-bay.

Posted during work using magic

argentcorvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #1181
TourPros
Local wherever I go

Oddometer: 2,042
Different set up?

Looking for info on these for mx helmets.
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #1182
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeMI View Post

Does anyone know how to tell the sub-units apart? Is it a firmware difference, or are there actual hardware changes between the SMH10 and the SMH10B? I don't want to get my hopes up if my device isn't going to be included in the "upgrade."
The SMH10B have the micro-USB connector
the original units SMH10 (non-B) had a round co-axial charger cord,
so I think you are good to go!
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #1183
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourPros View Post
Looking for info on these for mx helmets.
Like what sort of info?
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 09-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #1184
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
I just bought a set of the Tork speakers from Adam, and some new clamps, etc. They definitely sound better than the Sena stock speakers...but that isn't saying much. Really, they still don't sound very good. If you're looking for sound good enough to enjoy listening to music, these aren't it. I personally wouldn't do it again, as it's a fairly expensive upgrade. Money much better spent on molded earbuds, IMHO.

Also, the volume isn't nearly enough to hear over earplugs, similar to the stock Sena's, so I'm still stuck wearing earbuds unless I'm riding around town. I don't ride behind a Gold Wing, mind you - my bikes are either unfaired, or have small windshields.

YMMV, just my thoughts! Service from Rocketmoto was top notch as always.

dc
If you don't like 'em, we'll take 'em back. There's no magic here... If earplugs block most all of the sound, then, that includes audio from the headset. I have molded ear-plugs with filters that block noise, but pass speech and music. Perhaps that's an option?
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 10-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #1185
AdventureEnvy
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I don't ride with earplugs but one of my friends do. He just started using earplugs that pass speech and said the difference is outstanding. Any sound device is going to be hindered if a barrier is inserted between your ear canal and the source. Only way around that is let the frequency pass or up the amplitude and drive through...

I'm just back from a 2,500 mile trip with three buds, the SMH10 worked great. Even at a reasonably long distance we could always keep in touch with the last guy. Only downside was one guy, two of us could not call him at times but he could always call us yet we could always call each other. When we wanted to include him in our conversation we would hold up one or two fingers to signify whom to call.

I must also give a shoutout to RocketMoto, great price and support!
AdventureEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote