Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #106
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenserj87
I've been trying to figure out the best way of paring the Sena with my Zumo 550 and my Blackberry 8900. I want the above setup where I can use the Zumo for calls, but I'd rather be able to listen to music using A2DP from the blackberry. If I set up the bb for A2DP music, I can't listen to the Zumo voice directions or use the Zumo for calls. If I setup through the Zumo, I can't listen to music from the bb.

It would also be nice to have full voice control of the BB, but see caller ID on the Zumo - I'm assuming I can't have both.
Placed my order with Rocketmoto, and hopefully I'll have mine within the next few weeks. I'm using the same equipment as you, so I'm going to fiddle around and see if I can get things working the way you're describing (which is how I would like it as well). I'll let you all know how I make out with it, and please let us know if you resolve it as well.

--- D

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #107
sdpc2
Just another Rally Rat

Oddometer: 1,071
my wife and i got a chance to use our set last weekend

for the first time.

Mounted to our Arai helmets was a snap. Of course getting all the padding in correctly took me a few tries.

We ride separate bikes and i prefer music piped into my helmet... from my I-pod on this ride. She likes to hear only the music in her head

We sync'd them up as easy as pie.

We both ride bikes with windshields, but neither is a touring bike (i was on my GSPD). We both also wear ear plugs.

Once we were able to figure out that pushing the big knob takes a second to connect, and that pushing it again and again wasn't working, we had no problems at all. We could hear each other fine, and quite clearly.... especially when she asked me if I was going to pass "that damn truck?"

My only complaint was that i would have liked to have my music a bit louder. In the past, i have used in ear buds, so maybe i am used to that sound quality, but all in all, the music quality wasn't bad. But certainly not as loud as Webbikeworld indicated. YMMV

all in all, it has improved communication between my wife and i significantly from the point at a body part or the tank to actually hearing what it is what she wants..... to my dismay!!!

I lower my passenger pegs for those riders that have gone before me
sdpc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #108
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,099
Just a suggestion - if the speakers are not centered DIRECTLY over your ears the volume drops off considerably... It's really hard to get this right on some helmets...

1/4" variation in placement with some other speakers I was playing with made the difference between ... "I can't hear crap" to "I think my ears are bleeding" ..........
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #109
airheadpenguin
Danger to himself

Oddometer: 99
Got my replacement

I too had the problem with this headset and the Droid where the music would play for 1/2 a second and be silent for 10 seconds or so after switching activities i.e. ending a phone call and going back to music. Sena was great to deal with they cross-shipped my replacement (without a credit card ). The new one has no such problems in my trials tonight hopefully the thunderstorms will hold off long enough tomorrow that I can give it a thorough test.
airheadpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #110
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 908
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden
Just a suggestion - if the speakers are not centered DIRECTLY over your ears the volume drops off considerably... It's really hard to get this right on some helmets...

1/4" variation in placement with some other speakers I was playing with made the difference between ... "I can't hear crap" to "I think my ears are bleeding" ..........
Thanks JR --

Excellent point - the speakers must be aligned exactly with the ear canal for optimal volume.

We have extensive experience installing Autocom and Starcom1 headsets in all sorts of helmets. If anyone hits snags installing their speakers, we'd be happy assist over the phone, or we can install the speakers if the helmet is sent to (or brought to) our shop, for a nominal fee.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #111
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,415
Installed a unit this weekend & it worked well. A phone call home & Honey was as clear as a bell w/ her melodic voice in stereo. The 1st time I tried music I had the Zune turned up all the way like I usually do w/ the earbuds. MAN IT WAS LOUD!

Worked great. Haven't had a chance to try two units, but will this weekend.

Thanks for the great deal!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #112
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph
Installed a unit this weekend & it worked well. A phone call home & Honey was as clear as a bell w/ her melodic voice in stereo. The 1st time I tried music I had the Zune turned up all the way like I usually do w/ the earbuds. MAN IT WAS LOUD!

Worked great. Haven't had a chance to try two units, but will this weekend.

Thanks for the great deal!
Thanks for the note! Glad you like 'em.

Be sure to holler if you experience any issues.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #113
sierra_victor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Dual Set on its way to OZ

It looks like Adam has sent my Dual set I have had on back order . I hope the shipping time to OZ is not too long .

Brian..
sierra_victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 AM   #114
jmanz6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Got my confirmation that my dual set was shipped yesterday. Adam and Dave were great to work with. I will post more once I get them in my hands. Painless (other than the credit card statement) transaction and great customer service.
jmanz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #115
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanz6
Got my confirmation that my dual set was shipped yesterday. Adam and Dave were great to work with. I will post more once I get them in my hands. Painless (other than the credit card statement) transaction and great customer service.
I don't think that 'painless' goes far enough. When I called to place my order I wound up on the phone for quite some time, just having a good chat.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #116
Duster929
New Member!

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke
I don't think that 'painless' goes far enough. When I called to place my order I wound up on the phone for quite some time, just having a good chat.
Yup. Adam even gave me some great tips for my upcoming trip to California! Waiting eagerly for my headsets to arrive as well - they're on the way with USPS....

Duster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #117
mtncrawler
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,030
Delivered

..at least that's what the FEDEX tracking page says!

Can't wait to get home and try them out.

Hats off to both you and Dave, Adam. Appreciate the shipping "bump" and delivering as promised.

I'm sure I'll take what, for a normal person is a 5 minute install, and make a night of it!
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #118
mtncrawler
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,030
Lights, Camera, Action.

Wow - So nice.

Install took about a half hour - most of that just dealing with helmet, cheek pad and wire routing. The cheek pads on my Arai XD-3 have a great mounting location for the speakers underneath the covers (...could it be someone intended this for a speaker.. )

Once mounted it fired right up and paired with the iPhone just fine. Sound quality seems excellent - a little lacking in the bass - but PLENTY load enough while riding even with the shield up. Only listened to musis so far. Calls and intercom next.

SO much more comfortable and convenient than earbuds. I'm sure custom fit earbuds would be a great improvement as well, but the convenience factor of speakers is huge.

Thansk again RM!
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #119
jmanz6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
I checked FedEx tracking page and it says my headsets are delivered. Now I have to think up a good reason to 1. go home early today and 2. not go to work tomorrow so I can ride around and play with my new headset.
jmanz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #120
nine5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto
Thanks for the note! Glad you like 'em.

Be sure to holler if you experience any issues.
Hey Adam,

any update for the rest of us waiting for new shipment?

Mark
nine5 is offline   Reply With Quote