Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #1336
crunchiespg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrwon View Post
still waiting to hear what the price is on the 20s and when will they be avail.
As the last page has been discussing you need to contact rocket moto and they'll tell you everything for pricing.
And like I said a few posts ago sena shipped them to distributors this week.
crunchiespg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #1337
simmonsk133
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Sena 20 does not have "user replaceable" battery

I am on the list. My second thoughts pertain to the battery. Sena support tells me the battery is not "user replaceable". I may be asking folks about buying a couple of used Autocomms if I cannot get them to tell me about mail in replacements.
I do not consider a $500 purchase to be disposable just for batteries. If I can get into them with jewelers screwdrivers and order a generic battery, fine. But if it is hotknife and not idea if it will work, hello Autocomm or God forbid, Cardio.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #1338
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonsk133 View Post
I am on the list. My second thoughts pertain to the battery. Sena support tells me the battery is not "user replaceable". I may be asking folks about buying a couple of used Autocomms if I cannot get them to tell me about mail in replacements.
I do not consider a $500 purchase to be disposable just for batteries. If I can get into them with jewelers screwdrivers and order a generic battery, fine. But if it is hotknife and not idea if it will work, hello Autocomm or God forbid, Cardio.

They are not "user" replaceable. When they are not holding a charge well, return the unit to Sena and they replace them for you. I'm going on 4 years with my SMH 10's and still going strong. They are far from "disposable" and probably one of, if not, the best units on the market for what they do.
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #1339
TimeLord517
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
20S shipping!

From Sena's Facebook page - "The 20S shipment has been started. Sena has been spending time & effort to provide a truly revolutionary piece totally changing your riding experience. Some retail shops may have the units available next week. Again, thank you for all your patience, and sorry about all the inconveniences you have faced so far. Wish you guys really enjoy riding with the 20S!"
TimeLord517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #1340
Need For Speed
Ridin' fool(ishly)

Oddometer: 114
Cool2

Waiting patiently

Hope we get these soon, I have a trip in about a month and it would be nice to have the new system installed and figured out.
'13 ZX14R - fulfiller of adrenaline needs
It's the journey, NOT the destination
Need For Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #1341
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonsk133 View Post
On the SMH5 and 10, the batteries are accessible by removing the screws ib the back plate. In quantity, it's a $1 battery. Problem is 'quantity' from an OEM maker in China means on the order for 5K pieces. We'll see what the battery looks like in the 20S.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #1342
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Thumb

Thanks for your patience everyone. This is our busy season, and we've been going full-tilt here. I believe that we've responded to most (all?) of your PM's and emails.

Soon as we hear that our distributor has received their shipment from Sena and how many we expect to receive, we'll contact any of you (in order) on the interest list that we've been compiling since December.

Stay tuned...
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #1343
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Anybody have theirs paired with a Samsung Galaxy 4? Mine used to work fine with voice commands. I could start and stop music just fine. Now for some reason when I try, it opens the Google Voice dialer and asks me who I want to call instead of the normal voice prompts.

Any ideas?

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #1344
Turbo Ghost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
Anybody have theirs paired with a Samsung Galaxy 4? Mine used to work fine with voice commands. I could start and stop music just fine. Now for some reason when I try, it opens the Google Voice dialer and asks me who I want to call instead of the normal voice prompts.

Any ideas?
Welcome to KitKat! As of this moment, there is no way to simply voice-dial. You either have to use S-Voice or Google Voice or another downloaded app. The worst thing about S-Voice is it requires an internet connection to work!! My Motorola Razr was as easy as it gets! Push the button..."Say a command."...call RocketMoto!..."Calling, RocketMoto."
I absolutely despise the voice dialing on the S4!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #1345
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
Welcome to KitKat! As of this moment, there is no way to simply voice-dial. You either have to use S-Voice or Google Voice or another downloaded app. The worst thing about S-Voice is it requires an internet connection to work!! My Motorola Razr was as easy as it gets! Push the button..."Say a command."...call RocketMoto!..."Calling, RocketMoto."
I absolutely despise the voice dialing on the S4!

My moto-x has kit kat and I can do as you say, Push the button..."Say a command."...call RocketMoto!..."Calling, RocketMoto."
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:22 AM   #1346
rhart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
PM Sent

Interested as well in the new 20S. Love my SMH10s. Thanks Adam.

Rod
rhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #1347
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 925
Also interested in the 20S, sent over a PM requesting a price but have not heard back. Could you pm me with the price incl. of advrider discount?
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #1348
ClydeMI
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
Also interested in the 20S, sent over a PM requesting a price but have not heard back. Could you pm me with the price incl. of advrider discount?
I got a PM response a few days ago, but it just looks like RocketMoto hasn't established their pricing yet. They requested some info that made it look like they were establishing a queue for people who wanted a group buy on the 20S.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4
ClydeMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #1349
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Folks... Spoke with our distributor today. Looks like we should have the first batch of 20S's arrive at our door around June 20th, or early the following week.

We placed an order for a bunch more, so depending on many y'all step up to the plate for, we'll order a pile more.

We'll blast out ordering info to you shortly.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #1350
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
I want in. Shot over a PM a few days ago.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote