Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #1396
FrankoQ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Well, I hope those getting them this week start posting reviews soon.

FrankoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #1397
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 921
Talking There's a new 20S Group Buy thread in town...

Inmates -- we've created a new thread for the OFFICIAL 20S Group Buy.

If you expressed interest in the 20S group buy prior to 23-June-2014, you're covered as part of the 'unofficial' group buy. In the past there were folks that would join ADVRider just to get a deal on a Sena headset, never to return again. Starting today, it's different for the 20S...

It's our intent to support this amazing forum and in turn we'll support the members that are active contributors. Going forward, the 20S group buy is open to actively participating ADV inmates only. See the link above for details.

Again - if you requested *in* prior to today, regardless of your forum activity, we've got you covered.

Nothing's changed with the SMH10 group buy. Got it?
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #1398
Need For Speed
Ridin' fool(ishly)

Oddometer: 111
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
The first shipment is in transit from our distributor, due to us on Friday the 20th. It's a fraction of what we have on order, so we'll offer these to the earliest inmates on the interest list, first.

As Sena ramps up their production, the orders will start to flow in here, and we'll fill orders as quickly as possible. Thanks for being patient!

Stay tuned for ordering info...
I got the call (multiple calls actually, but that's a different story), and ordered a single 20s just now.

Jeannette did an awesome job answering all my questions and taking care of business

Looking forward to trying this baby out!

BTW, I had been on the waiting list since the first week of February

Anyway, thanks again Rocketmoto, you guys rock
'13 ZX14R - fulfiller of adrenaline needs
It's the journey, NOT the destination
Need For Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #1399
Flying Tivo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Felipe... check your email

Thanks to Jannett, very nice and easy to talk to!!!!!
Dual on my way!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #1400
SFC E
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I received that all important voice message and PM from RocketMoto, I called them back when they opened to complete the process. A big thanks to the staff for being so helpful and polite. Thanks again for doing this.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #1401
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Anyone know what number they made it up to on the list?
Old 06-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #1402
crunchiespg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
Anyone know what number they made it up to on the list?
I'm guessing not very far as it seems there was only 300 in total sent to North America.
Someone who ordered in February is the latest one I've seen.
A local dealer here, just a regular small bike dealer, has over 100 people waiting. They pre ordered 50 units. They got 4.
crunchiespg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #1403
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
I pre-ordered from RM in March, I think I'm 42nd on the list. While realistic, I was hopeful I would get a call. I called one of the local dealerships and had them check with the Canadian disties, and they are saying that the ETA into the Canadian distributors is July 10th.

Oh well....

Then comes the wait for the first firmware update that fixes all the bugs they ship with!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #1404
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
I pre-ordered from RM in March, I think I'm 42nd on the list. While realistic, I was hopeful I would get a call. I called one of the local dealerships and had them check with the Canadian disties, and they are saying that the ETA into the Canadian distributors is July 10th.

Oh well....

Then comes the wait for the first firmware update that fixes all the bugs they ship with!
The bug fix is about the time I should get mine
Old 06-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #1405
crunchiespg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 898
Quote:

Oh well....

I've been speaking to a couple of dealers today in Canada and yes the distributor is due to get more on July 10th. Problem is all of those are already pre sold.
They are hundreds of orders behind already.

One of the bigger online Canadian stores has 50 people waiting. They only got 2. And apparently that July 10th order will only be about 50 more units.
crunchiespg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #1406
Diver
Professional Lurker

Oddometer: 96
On the list March 8 & hoping for a call. My SMH10 has become very finicky and only likes to play from one speaker

Diver screwed with this post 06-23-2014 at 11:05 PM
Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #1407
Ilvtoride
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Reviews

Has anyone had their 20S installed yet? I am anxiously awaiting more information.
Ilvtoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:34 AM   #1408
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,975
I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of SMH-10's with the universal mics, this weekend, and I still have a couple unanswered questions. What's the life expectancy of the unit, under normal use and barring any abuse and damage? Primarily the battery? I understand that the battery will be replaced under warranty in the first 2 years, but what about after that? As a guy who's cell phones always crap out 1 month after the warranty expires, I'd like to know. Can the battery be replaced in the field, or is it like changing an iPhone battery, doable, but a PITA? Can they be sent in to sena and replaced for a fee (less than a new complete unit)?

And with the units themselves, if I plan to run earbuds rather than speakers, do the speakers unplug and the earbud plugs in? Is there anywhere detailed pics are shown, or drawings, so I can see where the connections are? Does anyone switch back and forth between earbuds and speakers? I would exclusively roll with ear buds, but PMRchic would use speakers in her helmet.

And then lastly, if I had a couple helmets I was going to use with the unit, I would just need a new mount, not a new BT unit, right? Probably an extra mic so I didn't have to pull it out of my street helmet and install it in my dual sport helmet. PMRchic doesn't ride much (hopefully she'll ride more if she can talk with me while were riding) so I could use "hers" in my other helmet and not have to buy 3 units.

I guess I've always wondered about the mics on a FF helmet, is the universal the best for this application, or does the boom mic work better for some FF helmets.

Thanks,

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #1409
hondagal
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Life expectancy & battery replacement, not sure. I've had my SMH10's for several uears and haven't noticed any battery degredation. We can easily do a day of riding (music and talking), and the unit doesn't take long to recharge.

One of us uses the base that has the earphones connected and the other uses the different base that's made for earphone use. We like the boom mic. Both helmets are fill face. We prefer the boom setup as compared to running wires to the front of the helmet....makes it easier to remove the base when necessary.

Units are transferable between helmets, bases too, but it's easier to get each helmet its own base.

The mic quality is super. We ride with them open when we chat and I'm pleased at how quiet they are... almost no background road noise.We used to use Autocoms but the Sena units and setup is wayyyy better for us.

Hope this info is helpful. We converted to the Sena units based upon the ADV inmate reviews and hsve not been disappointed in any way.
hondagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #1410
farcall
Bike-a-holic

Oddometer: 1,806
Buy the 20S. Using the one helmet you'll be able to switch from earbuds to speakers whenever you like. The 20S base covers both uses. The SMH10 doesn't.
11 K1600GTL
farcall is offline   Reply With Quote