Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #1456
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips Millar View Post
doesn't everybody agree that using your own earbuds is better? I hear a lot of complaining about bass etc. with the speaks, I am curious why people don't get the $30 clamp kit that allows for using your own buds.....
I am assuming I read that correct and this clamp kit is what you need to do this....
feedback on this?
I don't use the speakers, I use HF5's and it lets me play the music at lower volumes. I can still hear conversation when I'm stopped, if I pause the music, and I can hear traffic unless I have the music very loud. I typically turn the volume way down when I'm in town. I have always worn ear plugs or buds, and before the smh10 I just had them wired directly to my iPhone or iPod.

The a0304 clamp unit gives you the earbud jack and the option of a wired mic (which I use in my full face helmets) and a boom mic (if you prefer). Adam told me that the earbud jack was an afterthought on the smh10, and is the weakest link in the setup. My first one tore where the rubber nipple comes out and is being replaced by Sena. The clamp kit comes with 2 coiled extension for your earbuds, and one of them has an angle. I now use that extension, plugged into the jack with the wire headed "up" and loop the extension around my BT module twice (counter clockwise) which takes a lot of stress off that nipple. The "unofficial" fix for this weak spot is Sugru, which you can mold onto the nipple, and blend it into the module, and basically strengthens the connection. I can post up pics of mine if your interested.

FWIW, the earbud jack on the smh20 is not an "add on" and is integral to the unit, and is much stronger.

The other downfall with the earbuds is once you take your helmut off, you still need to remove your buds. But I've been using ear plugs or earbuds forever so it's no big deal to me. And it takes a couple seconds when you're gearing up, to get your buds in before sliding on your helmut. But I'm very happy with the smh10, and use the wired mic /earbud clamp for all my helmets.

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #1457
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
Adam emailed me last night at 2 AM. They are trying to do inventory and change their entire accounting system. Besides the web business, they have walk in customers and I think he's fallen behind on Forum stuff. I'd just give them a call later next week, he'll hook you up.

PMR
Well, after the nightmare of moving to a well researched solution (or what we thought was a solution) for our inventory, accounting, order management, it is simply a disaster. Hundreds of hours invested before and after the switchover, and our conclusion is that it is nothing more than a giant TURD . So now, we have to fall back to the old way, regoup and start anew. Giant F-n' headache.

All this has put us impossibly behind in every respect. Best bet is to call us.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #1458
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Well, after the nightmare of moving to a well researched solution (or what we thought was a solution) for our inventory, accounting, order management, it is simply a disaster. Hundreds of hours invested before and after the switchover, and our conclusion is that it is nothing more than a giant TURD . So now, we have to fall back to the old way, regoup and start anew. Giant F-n' headache.

All this has put us impossibly behind in every respect. Best bet is to call us.
That sux ;-(

But for being behind, you got my kit shipped out quick. Showed up this morning and already installed in both helmets. Appreciate the awesome service, thanks !
Old 08-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #1459
sgio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Great service from Rocketmoto on my Sena SMH10 dual! Ordered it Saturday and it was here Wednesday. All set for my trip in a week.
Thanks again!
sgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #1460
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,456
I received my dual set today. Good service and price. Thanks for the discount. Nice talking to someone that was very helpful in placing the order.

Cheers
Old 09-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #1461
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 924
Thanks for your order, Mike. Truly appreciate your business .
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #1462
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 169
Thumb

Quote:
I can post up pics of mine if your interested.

PMR
That would be great and much appreciated! I prefer ear buds to speakers to, or always wear earplugs when not playing tunes.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #1463
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,974
Adam,

Will this work?

Current setup - works great
Sena SMH10
Iphone connected via A2DP (mobile phone pairing)
Zumo 550 connected via HFP (multi point pairing)

Want to add
Sena SM10 with radar detector audio plugged in and I presume would connect to the SMH10 via HFP (multi point pairing)

If this does work, while I am listening to music on my iphone what will happen when the radar detector goes off an audio is transmitted from the SM10? Will it come over the music (both heard at the same time)? Or will the iphone connection stop and I'll only hear the radar audio? This is what happens when the GPS pipes up.

For that matter, if the GPS is giving me directions what will if the radar starts chirping? Naturally I don't want to miss that the radar is going off!

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #1464
PinkFloyd
Law East of the Neches

Oddometer: 50
Is this group buy still active? I sent an e-mail followed by a PM to RocketMoto earlier this week, but haven't heard back yet. It may be that they're still having to work through their system switchover.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 AM   #1465
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Is this group buy still active? I sent an e-mail followed by a PM to RocketMoto earlier this week, but haven't heard back yet. It may be that they're still having to work through their system switchover.
AFAIK, they are headed to Barber this week so Id give them a call middle of next week.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #1466
PinkFloyd
Law East of the Neches

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
AFAIK, they are headed to Barber this week so Id give them a call middle of next week.
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #1467
SenaBluetooth
Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
Adam,

Will this work?

Current setup - works great
Sena SMH10
Iphone connected via A2DP (mobile phone pairing)
Zumo 550 connected via HFP (multi point pairing)

Want to add
Sena SM10 with radar detector audio plugged in and I presume would connect to the SMH10 via HFP (multi point pairing)

If this does work, while I am listening to music on my iphone what will happen when the radar detector goes off an audio is transmitted from the SM10? Will it come over the music (both heard at the same time)? Or will the iphone connection stop and I'll only hear the radar audio? This is what happens when the GPS pipes up.

For that matter, if the GPS is giving me directions what will if the radar starts chirping? Naturally I don't want to miss that the radar is going off!
The SM10 would need to be paired to the SMH10 using Media Selective pairing as it uses the A2DP profile. This would make it so that the iPhone would lose the A2DP and not be able to play music in stereo and will only be using the HFP Bluetooth profile because mobile phone pairing = HFP & A2DP. You would then have to use the audio cables that comes with the SM10 to hard wire the iPhone and the radar detector into the SM10. Since the SM10 combines the two audio signals into one A2DP signal then you would hear the radar detector at the same time as when you are listening to music. GPS directions will still interrupt the music and the radar detector because HFP has a higher priority than A2DP.

If you want to continue listening to music from your iPhone over Bluetooth and not hard wire it into the SM10 then you will want to use the SR10 instead. The SM10 uses A2DP only and will have the lowest priority while the SR10 uses only HFP and will have the highest priority. The Zumo 550 and the radar detector would need to be hard wired into the SR10 and the SR10 would need to be paired to the SMH10 using multipoint pairing. The GPS directions from the Zumo 550 and the audio signal from the radar detector will interrupt the music from the iPhone.
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #1468
Toolferone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Somewhere, somehow I have lost one of my SMH10 units . I see Sena sells the unit only (SMH10-M01). What would be your price on one? How about a slightly used one or a return that works fine?