Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #16
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker
Plan B is northern California (my riding buddies for this trip are concerned they'll be rained on it we come your way ). But...they have to be home by a certain date and I don't, so I still plan on coming to Creston to see friends on the way back. I won't desert the Kootenays!

fair enough, Northern California sounds like fun, I'd love to ride there ....

P.S. lucky you aren't in Southern California today...

Updated: 04/29/2010 07:36:09 AM PDT
FORT TEJON — The California Highway Patrol has closed southbound lanes of Interstate 5 in the Grapevine area north of Los Angeles because of hail, gusty winds and black ice.

RiderJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #17
RiderJones OP
sketchy

[QUOTE=Holaday]Cody Caves, Idaho Peak ??

Mmmmmm...not telling! I will post the mind blowing pics of the view (hopefully) when I get 'em.
Hey nice pic! where is that exactly?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #18
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANXMAN
My wife and I rode through this area 2 weeks ago. First time she had been along the river and Trout Lake. A great area to ride.
Enjoying your report. Looking forward to the rest.
Thanks Manxman ... you're right, it's a really nice ride, the dirt road is great, scenery is great, really good chance you will see some wildlife....what more could you want!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #19
Holaday
Man of Leisure

Oddometer: 566
[QUOTE=RiderJones]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday
Cody Caves, Idaho Peak ??

Mmmmmm...not telling! I will post the mind blowing pics of the view (hopefully) when I get 'em.
Hey nice pic! where is that exactly?
Parking lot for Idaho Peak. Just after sunrise.

Soon as your born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time!!!

Checkout my Ride Reports:

Baja

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405461

Kootenays

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614464
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Thumb

[quote=Holaday]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderJones

Parking lot for Idaho Peak. Just after sunrise.
I thought so...Its been quite a few years since I was up there...I couldn't remember the road/parking lot bit, being so close to the edge....its an incredible view
Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #21
kootenay kid
Lets Ride

Oddometer: 2,614
This is one of my favourite rides around here. We used to snowmobile in them Mountains around Meadow Creek. The most amazing sight I've ever seen and experienced happened up there.
Good on ya for posting this stuff.
kootenay kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #22
Roughshod
weld proud

Oddometer: 101
Thats a good one RJ. Can I start a conversation? Eh?.
Aaah I have to make more time for riding. I love that country. Our plan is to move our business out there (www.woodsfinish.net ) within 10 years, (like most Calgarians) but cant buy land ahead of time let alone update our website. Workin on it though. I have a 5-star wife who likes the comforts of the city, so living in New Denver or Kaslo is out. I got her warmed up to Nelson though.
Roughshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #23
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughshod
I have a 5-star wife who likes the comforts of the city, so living in New Denver or Kaslo is out. I got her warmed up to Nelson though.
I have a 5-star wife too....although, she's Scottish so it's 5-star lifestyle for the price of a one star, which is good!
One appreciates a 5-star wife MUCH more if one has a motorcycle to occasionally get away from 5-star wife.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #24
Roughshod
weld proud

Oddometer: 101
Ha Indeed, indeed! I think I would get a little huffy if she insisted on coming with me, so yes its perfect.
Roughshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #25
B.C.Biker
mighty fine

Oddometer: 615
Thanks for sharing the pictures and tour again. Kind of a "buzzy" post for me. Last summer I had some bearing problems leaving Meadow Creek. Ended up using the fix-it guy's place in one of your photos dial up and phone to order up some bearings to send to Kaslo. Then went to the cafe/pub in one of your other photos to comtenplate how to get bike and said bearings in the same spot. The cook heard me talking to some others and offered to go get a pick-up after her shift and haul me into Kaslo. Great people in that neck of the woods. I offered to fill her truck up and we stopped for gas in Cooper Creek ! Also speaking of the storm in California, wife and I just got back from there ( in a car but at least its a convertable) and went through part of that same storm in Nevada. Pretty odd feeling when we were travelling with the wind. Cruising with no wind noise at 70mph and tumble weeds lazily passing us at 80mph! LOL. Oh, and Sqounker don't miss the "Lost Coast" if you havn't been in NorCal. It was my first time on that stretch. NorCal + Kootneys = an envious summer's ride.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.Biker
Thanks for sharing the pictures and tour again. Kind of a "buzzy" post for me. Last summer I had some bearing problems leaving Meadow Creek. Ended up using the fix-it guy's place in one of your photos dial up and phone to order up some bearings to send to Kaslo. Then went to the cafe/pub in one of your other photos to comtenplate how to get bike and said bearings in the same spot. The cook heard me talking to some othersand offered to go get a pick-up after her shift and haul me into Kaslo. Great people in that neck of the woods. I offered to fill her truck up and we stopped for gas in Cooper Creek !
Hey BCB... Cool! Glad everyone up there was so helpful....usually people in remote places know what its like to be stranded, and will go out of their way to help. They are often much more capable than their city counterparts too, and given a bit more time, could probably have made you some bearings in the ditch with a lighter, some twigs, a shotgun shell and half a case of Kokanee!
Sound like you had a good adventure....
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 AM   #27
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,844
I stayed at the Kaslo hotel for 3 nights last August, taking day trips to Cranbrook, and Trout Lake, then heading west to Osoyoos. The trip thru Gerrard and then north on the logging road was fantastic, if a bit much for my Ninja 650R.

The entire area between Nelson, Kaslo, New Denver, and Nakusp is some of the most beautiful, excellent riding I've done. Thanks for sharing your photos - took me back to last summer.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #28
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt
I stayed at the Kaslo hotel for 3 nights last August, taking day trips to Cranbrook, and Trout Lake, then heading west to Osoyoos. The trip thru Gerrard and then north on the logging road was fantastic, if a bit much for my Ninja 650R.

The entire area between Nelson, Kaslo, New Denver, and Nakusp is some of the most beautiful, excellent riding I've done. Thanks for sharing your photos - took me back to last summer.
Hey Grainbelt .... just curious, what was your stay at the hotel in Kaslo like?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #29
Viking
Ækt trønder!!

Oddometer: 440
Nice, we used to stay in Meadow Creek and travelled about half an hour up the valley towards Trout Creek to hit the Cat. It is so beutiful up there and I cant believe the trout, truly amazing.
Now I have to come back in the summer for sure.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #30
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking
Nice, we used to stay in Meadow Creek and travelled about half an hour up the valley towards Trout Creek to hit the Cat. It is so beutiful up there and I cant believe the trout, truly amazing.
Now I have to come back in the summer for sure.
Hey Viking....I've never cat skied up there...it must be insanely good! Alot of people heli ski at Baldface just outside Nelson, as well as Retallack near Kaslo...the pictures from any of these places look incredible...