ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Ladukebob OP
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,727
I'm speechless

I've met JW and stayed at his lodge and this article shocked me. I hope he's bluffing iin order to stir up the locals but if he isn't bluffing and goes through with this it will be a sad day for a beautiful part of Oregon.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...r_of_sell.html

Edit: Code removed.
findLadukebob

Flood screwed with this post 04-26-2010 at 09:18 AM
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,292
He don't play win/win, just win/lose. That don't cut it with the locals (anywhere.)

He'd just beat the place with an axe handle first (like he did his bike) before he sold it or walked away.

No worries, the bad guys got no dinero for property anyway.
HellsAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,507
No worries - I would bet a bunch in him not selling. From what I understand this whole thing came about becasue the people in the town started that rumor and he thought it would be funny to go along with it. Somehow the rumor got to the Oregonian and a reporter came out. Carol and J.W. have a lot of money and time sunk into the place and I am sure it would take a heck of a lot to buy it - certainly not a lousy $1M.

FWIW, my wife and I stopped in there about a month ago during a road trip and there are tons of new remodel projects completed or being done, so it's quite an improvement over even as nice as it was last summer!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Funny....they make the comment that he likes to ride dragster motorcycles...yet what is he sitting on? A KTM 990 Adventure.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider
Funny....they make the comment that he likes to ride dragster motorcycles...yet what is he sitting on? A KTM 990 Adventure.
Either the reporter was an idiot about bikes (probably), couldn't write for shit (maybe) or things got hacked by an editor, but the article was pretty crudely written - kinda like a cut and paste of paragraphs off the longer real version. Also, I really don't think anyone rides dragster bikes for "relaxation", as the story indicated.

Emily Bronte
Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
And if the Mayor's quote was at all accurate she has no idea what they may be getting into. Ive lived in northern Idaho and can assure her that the problems those people will cause her town, and the whole region, are manifold.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsage
And if the Mayor's quote was at all accurate she has no idea what they may be getting into. Ive lived in northern Idaho and can assure her that the problems those people will cause her town, and the whole region, are manifold.
Agreed.

"Sane" was a rather odd adjective.

My guess it's a bluff since the oyster farm place in Ocean Park went that route. To be honest - joke or not, I will not likely ever give money, time or anything else to an establishment that would do or joke about doing that.

Absolute 110% turn off.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,124
What about this group

What if a group of KTM supremacists wanted to move into your neighborhood? You know say bad things about BMWs and such. Don't worry they couldn't raise the money either
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,740
lolwut
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
TourPros
Local wherever I go

Oddometer: 2,043
Hmmm

I hope this is not the case. I have spoken with him a couple of times about our other mutual interest (recording). He seems like a great guy and I have been meaning at some point to get out there to his place. And while anyone has the right to sell what is there's to anyone they wish at any price they deem fair racism is one of the lowest forms of little dick syndrome I know. You are either an asshole or you are not. And racism exists in all colors and creeds and is just as ugly no matter which it is from...
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
Beerslayer
Journeyman Bike Knocker

Oddometer: 3,734
If we bought shares or subscribed, or whatever the scheme was, would we still be able to stay there "free" for a week a year if the white supremacists bought it?
Road Rash Riding Roatan
Beerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Remarksman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
Absolute 110% turn off.
Ditto.
Having met Carol briefly, it doesn't quite match my first impression. Then again, I live in a small town now, and I know just how crazy and bitter things can get over what are probably un-resolvable conflicts.
I have some summer plans that would take me out there. It's been on my list to try to get BearCat reservations as soon as dates are nailed. Now I'm not sure.
Remarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remarksman
Ditto.
Having met Carol briefly, it doesn't quite match my first impression. Then again, I live in a small town now, and I know just how crazy and bitter things can get over what are probably un-resolvable conflicts.
I have some summer plans that would take me out there. It's been on my list to try to get BearCat reservations as soon as dates are nailed. Now I'm not sure.

Seriously, don't give it a second thought - go and see for yourself and have a great time. Again, it was the townspeople that started the rumor, and J.W. and Carol thought it was so absurd that they went along with it as an exercise in sardonicism and as a way to get theattention of the governance of Seneca.

I came from a small town and have lived in many, and know of no kind of place where rumors, in-fighting, and fear of change are exercised more.

Emily Bronte
Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
Small town politics suck.

I suggest a D-11 over a D355A.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
007brian
shaken not stirred

Oddometer: 543
JW and Carol are great people. Do not buy into the rumors. The place is great!!!!
007brian is offline   Reply With Quote