ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #16
Pro_Marinero
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
My guess it's a bluff since the oyster farm place in Ocean Park went that route. To be honest - joke or not, I will not likely ever give money, time or anything else to an establishment that would do or joke about doing that.
Are you serious? I think you need to get a larger panty size.

If it is a joke, then big deal.

If it isn't, well... the first amendment is still and alive and well, and the seller is welcome to deal with whomever they please. You are welcome to support the new buyer or not.

I don't support REI due to their stance on donating to anti-access groups, but I have yet to put someone on my blacklist for a joke.

I find humor in a lot of things. The more you laugh, the better life is. Some of the best jokes are the least tasteful. Go watch Blazing Saddles and relax.
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #17
mutt2jeff
Keep firing assholes!

Oddometer: 972
Looks like small town politics to me, just from reading the commentd on the article, it seems like the lodge is not particularily well liked amoung the locals.

The only thing Homeopathy cures is dehydration.
mutt2jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #18
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Marinero
Are you serious?
Kinda.

You take access and REI seriously - I say, try a bigger panty size. I have every right to vote with my dollar just as you do. The first amendment? GMAFB. I never said they were not able to say what they wanted.

Besides that, when in that area, I have never needed a bed and breakfast, so the point is rather moot. The guy has advertised in the PNW vendors forum for the Bearcat - he could clarify things here if he desired.

FWIW, I am not a huge fan of ethnic jokes either, but I might just be a stick in the mud.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #19
Pro_Marinero
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
Kinda.

You take access and REI seriously - I say, try a bigger panty size. I have every right to vote with my dollar just as you do. The first amendment? GMAFB. I never said they were not able to say what they wanted.

Besides that, when in that area, I have never needed a bed and breakfast, so the point is rather moot. The guy has advertised in the PNW vendors forum for the Bearcat - he could clarify things here if he desired.

FWIW, I am not a huge fan of ethnic jokes either, but I might just be a stick in the mud.
Bit of a difference between not patronizing a business financially because my dollars would be used to support organizations diametrically opposed to my recreational pursuits, and blacklisting a b&b because a guy made a bad joke.

But, as you say, your opinion is yours.

CS&M in 3...2...1....
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #20
2slim
Scooter

Oddometer: 13
I know I risk receiving acrimonious comments, but I just have to say.......

sometimes things and people aren't what they seem. Appearances can be
deceptive. Just sayin'

It's way beyond small town politics.

Peace.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,349
Quote:
Bit of a difference between not patronizing a business financially because my dollars would be used to support organizations diametrically opposed to my recreational pursuits, and blacklisting a b&b because a guy made a bad joke.
So say you.

Quote:
But, as you say, your opinion is yours.
Likewise.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #22
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,209
I tend to agree with Mssr. Direwolf. I have a hard time supporting someone who would consider business with a hate/racist organization. Joke or not. My money, my perogative. YMMV.
soyanarchisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #23
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyanarchisto
I tend to agree with Mssr. Direwolf. I have a hard time supporting someone who would consider business with a hate/racist organization. Joke or not. My money, my perogative. YMMV.
Yes it is.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #24
sock_eye
Now Giiit!!!!

Oddometer: 47
I have been to the BearCat once, and by accident. I had not even heard of the place before. My friend and I were gassing up next door at the station and walked over to see what the place was all about. Ended up drinking in the bar upstairs and staying there for the night. No reservations or anything. It was too cool to pass up. The place was awesome. It is truly amazing what they have done with that building.

The owner, I didn't care for him personally. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Everitt was extremely generous as a host, but he spent the whole time bragging and showing off. He was very much an attention whore and pretty annoying, however not enough to ruin my time at the Bearcat.

I don't think that he actually has any plans whatsoever in selling his place to the Neo-Nazis. I would be really surprised. He did not hide his disdain from the locals at all, so it seems like he is just trying to get attention for himself and his fight with the locals in that town.

I'm unsure if I'll give the Bearcat my business again, but I'm not ruling it out. I agree with Direwolf, that this type of thing should be joked about. The only thing I can say is that the lodge he built is awesome, but the guy is a dick.

That's my two cents.
sock_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #25
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,408
Any press is good press.
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #26
mlyamkaw
Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer: 505
I concur. Sounds a lot like my experience there. Kind of a weird experience, but a nice place. I have to say my BS meter was on overdrive, and I can see why the residents in that town don't like him. A lot of negative comments related to that article. Reading them is like watching a train wreck happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock_eye
I have been to the BearCat once, and by accident. I had not even heard of the place before. My friend and I were gassing up next door at the station and walked over to see what the place was all about. Ended up drinking in the bar upstairs and staying there for the night. No reservations or anything. It was too cool to pass up. The place was awesome. It is truly amazing what they have done with that building.

The owner, I didn't care for him personally. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Everitt was extremely generous as a host, but he spent the whole time bragging and showing off. He was very much an attention whore and pretty annoying, however not enough to ruin my time at the Bearcat.

I don't think that he actually has any plans whatsoever in selling his place to the Neo-Nazis. I would be really surprised. He did not hide his disdain from the locals at all, so it seems like he is just trying to get attention for himself and his fight with the locals in that town.

I'm unsure if I'll give the Bearcat my business again, but I'm not ruling it out. I agree with Direwolf, that this type of thing should be joked about. The only thing I can say is that the lodge he built is awesome, but the guy is a dick.

That's my two cents.
14 KTM 500 EXC
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #27
cbrxxcess
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slim
I know I risk receiving acrimonious comments, but I just have to say.......

sometimes things and people aren't what they seem. Appearances can be
deceptive. Just sayin'

It's way beyond small town politics.

Peace.
I would say your pretty close. My brother was a friend of this asshat for a while. All I can say is no loves JW more then himself. As for just doing it for the publicity may be true. I will also tell you if he can better himself with the white power money he will do it in a heartbeat.
cbrxxcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #28
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,011
I don't know if you folks have seen this post. Discuss.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=30
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #29
mlyamkaw
Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383
I don't know if you folks have seen this post. Discuss.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=30
Hahaha! Reminds me when I was there, we were told that only "cool" people were allowed to come there. We couldn't figure out how he knew we were cool when we rode by on our bikes. I still haven't figured out if I am in the cool club or not?

No I won't be a founding member...
14 KTM 500 EXC
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #30
Beerslayer
Journeyman Bike Knocker

Oddometer: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat
this year’s sponsors will receive an invitation to visit as our guests for just one week per year, not two. So, as before, those adventurers who would like to participate and are willing to donate $5,000 will receive a certificate of appreciation identifying you as a friend and supporter of the BearCat Lodge and inviting you to be our private guests in our upstairs residence for up to one week each riding season.
So if you sponsor for $5000 and you get to stay for a couple of weeks before they sell it to the skinheads, do you get your money back?

Or was it an expensive week or two visit?

When I first read that post in Vendors, I thought it seemed like kind of a risky deal.

Of course since it is just a donation, you get to feel real good about donating to a great cause, so that's cool.
Road Rash Riding Roatan
Beerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote