ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #61
Mike Ryder
Kriegerkuh

Oddometer: 889
Juust imaginate wut sum Dakar stickers mite sturt up.
Rumors wit legs i'll bet ya.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #62
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,036
Bobcat Attacks Massachusetts Family http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ts-family?lite
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #63
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Bobcat Attacks Massachusetts Family and Oregon Man http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ts-family?lite

"Mundell wrenched away from the animal and ran inside his house, slamming the door to the garage behind him. After Mundell told his wife -- whose name was not given -- what happened, she bolted out the front door to alert her cousin Greg aka G-Funk who was visiting from Oregon, according to Brookfield police chief Michael Blancherd.

But as soon as Mundell's wife went outside, the bobcat emerged from the garage's side door and lunged at her cousin. Mundell, who had also gone outside to warn G-Funk, charged forward to rescue him
"I had to get it off G-Funk as he got his ass kicked by a bobcat a few years ago in Oregon," Mundell said. "I was in a t-shirt by then and that's when it ripped up my arms and stuff like that."

Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #64
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
"Mundell wrenched away from the animal and ran inside his house, slamming the door to the garage behind him. After Mundell told his wife -- whose name was not given -- what happened, she bolted out the front door to alert her cousin Greg aka G-Funk who was visiting from Oregon, according to Brookfield police chief Michael Blancherd.

But as soon as Mundell's wife went outside, the bobcat emerged from the garage's side door and lunged at her cousin. Mundell, who had also gone outside to warn G-Funk, charged forward to rescue him
"I had to get it off G-Funk as he got his ass kicked by a bobcat a few years ago in Oregon," Mundell said. "I was in a t-shirt by then and that's when it ripped up my arms and stuff like that."

Funny how stories change with second hand information
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #65
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,036
There is a strong resemblance. I think it's the same guy.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #66
tommybelvedere
Adv alacarte'

Oddometer: 415
[QUOTE=sock_eye;12799438]I have been to the BearCat once, and by accident. I had not even heard of the place before. My friend and I were gassing up next door at the station and walked over to see what the place was all about. Ended up drinking in the bar upstairs and staying there for the night. No reservations or anything. It was too cool to pass up. The place was awesome. It is truly amazing what they have done with that building.

The owner, I didn't care for him personally. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Everitt was extremely generous as a host, but he spent the whole time bragging and showing off. He was very much an attention whore and pretty annoying, however not enough to ruin my time at the Bearcat.

I don't think that he actually has any plans whatsoever in selling his place to the Neo-Nazis. I would be really surprised. He did not hide his disdain from the locals at all, so it seems like he is just trying to get attention for himself and his fight with the locals in that town.

I'm unsure if I'll give the Bearcat my business again, but I'm not ruling it out. I agree with Direwolf, that this type of thing should be joked about. The only thing I can say is that the lodge he built is awesome, but the guy is a dick.

I too ran into JW in that same sort of manner. We had gassed up next door and had sought the shade of the trees in front of the lodge when he came riding up on an orange side by side and asked us if we were enjoying his shade to which we replied we were. He invited us in and up to the bar we went for some beverages to cool off and check out the place. While JW might like to brag a little, shit who wouldn't with the work he and his wife have done to the place. The place is beautiful and placed smack dab in some of the best riding in the NW, if not the world. He treated us three to a little tour and was very generous.
As for the local population, they are foolish to not allow him to pursue his ventures as he wants, with the revenue and trickle down spending it could create. They probably are a little jaded as his is by far the nicest place around and the rest of the town not near as nice.
It funny how a story can get misconstrued and messed up as every person to which the story passes through embellishes it just a little to fit their "version" of the tale. I hope the AN finds suitable locale in hell where they belong, and not in the heart of Oregon where they would spread their form of hate and bullshit.
Thanks JW for your hospitality!! I hope to visit again as a patron and ride a bit. Ride On!
Cheers, TommyBelvedere
tommybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote