ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #76
yotatoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
nice

Welcome blizzard.

I sold my pavement machine last year. But my DR350 will be delivered up here in next few weeks! I am just outside traverse to west in lake Ann
yotatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #77
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Hey, how's everybody doing? It is a nice day out, anybody riding today? I still have my bikes in storage. We should do a meet and greet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #78
yotatoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh How about on Saturday?

If anyone up here in the north hadn't heard of it yet, there is going to be a bike show and swap meet this weekend in Kalkakastan at the Kaliseum. My neighbor told me about it, I think he is taking up a bike or 2 to show off. Its my boys 5th B-day that day so were going to take him to see the bikes. Its a win-win for me and the boy and hopefully we can get momma excited about the bikes too

Anyhow, I dont know when I will be there, but I will be there... Somebody should go and set up an ADVrider stand, sell some ADV gear and decals... Mostly because I want to get 2 stickers (one for my toolbox and one for my bike)

Heres the link: http://www.trouttownmotorcycleshow.com/index.php

Enjoy your Saturday
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #79
Wulf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotatoy View Post
Somebody should go and set up an ADVrider stand, sell some ADV gear and decals... Mostly because I want to get 2 stickers (one for my toolbox and one for my bike)
A bike show sounds tempting. 99% of motorcycles around here are cruisers though so it'll probably be a Biker Show. I think I'll pass..

Quote:
Vendors from all over Michigan will be at the Trout Town Swap Meet, offering new and used parts and accessories, leathers, jewelry, tattoos, body piercing, knives, leather repair, and more!
Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #80
KTM Mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
On Saturday there will be a "Family Enduro Series" enduro race. It is oriented to the young or new riders wanting to try out enduro racing - fun time and great people. they have classes for all ages - from buddy class (you will see 3 year olds there!) to adult classes. Great way to learn about the sport and find out if you want to give one of the D14 full tilt events a shot. Fun to spectate as well. Here is a link to at flyer: http://www.d14enduro.org/flyers/2013...duro_flyer.pdf

On Sunday we will have our annual tree planting. Sort of our way to give back to the sport, by helping protect our right to ride - and repair the damage made by irresponsible off road riders. Flyer here: http://www.d14enduro.org/flyers/2013...e_planting.pdf

Unfortunately, I dont think I will be able to make it to either - but check it out - great time.

Northern Michigan home on 40 wooded acres for sale. Located on MCCT, ride direct to over 200 miles of ORV trails. 4 miles of trails on the property. PM me for more info
KTM Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #81
dthogey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Got the new used Tiger back home, can't wait for warmer weather. I'll be checking out the bike show this weekend

Kalkaska MI
2009 BMW K1200LT
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
dthogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #82
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
If anyone up here in the north hadn't heard of it yet, there is going to be a bike show and swap meet this weekend in Kalkakastan at the Kaliseum. My neighbor told me about it, I think he is taking up a bike or 2 to show off. Its my boys 5th B-day that day so were going to take him to see the bikes. Its a win-win for me and the boy and hopefully we can get momma excited about the bikes too

Anyhow, I dont know when I will be there, but I will be there... Somebody should go and set up an ADVrider stand, sell some ADV gear and decals... Mostly because I want to get 2 stickers (one for my toolbox and one for my bike)

Heres the link: http://www.trouttownmotorcycleshow.com/index.php

Enjoy your Saturday
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Mike View Post
On Saturday there will be a "Family Enduro Series" enduro race. It is oriented to the young or new riders wanting to try out enduro racing - fun time and great people. they have classes for all ages - from buddy class (you will see 3 year olds there!) to adult classes. Great way to learn about the sport and find out if you want to give one of the D14 full tilt events a shot. Fun to spectate as well. Here is a link to at flyer: http://www.d14enduro.org/flyers/2013...duro_flyer.pdf

On Sunday we will have our annual tree planting. Sort of our way to give back to the sport, by helping protect our right to ride - and repair the damage made by irresponsible off road riders. Flyer here: http://www.d14enduro.org/flyers/2013...e_planting.pdf

Unfortunately, I dont think I will be able to make it to either - but check it out - great time.
I have to work this weekend, 1:30p till 9:30p so I don't think I will make it over there. Maybe the show.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #83
dthogey
Adventurer

I rode about 80 miles yesterday!!

Tried to get across Island lake rd from Kalkaska. Snow covered.

Tried to get across Guernsey lake rd=no go, too much snow.

Took Branch rd to Island lk rd. Then Brown Bridge. Ended up at the dealer in TC then took Blair town hall rd to Mayfield rd. That was a problem, still lots of packed snow and ice from where the snowmobile trail is. I just wound around heading back in the general direction to Kalkaska. Encountered much soft sand and mud. I had to back track several times. That really sucked. The Tiger is NOT a dirt bike. I need different tires and I need to stick to the better gravel roads.

All in all I had a blast. Kinda wish now I would have gotten the XC or something that would handle the conditions I encountered yesterday. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy the dirt!!

Kalkaska MI
2009 BMW K1200LT
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Old 04-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #84
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Sounds like a blast! I still haven't put the INS on my bike yet, but days like today... Man I wish I had.

Your ride took you within a few miles of my house it sounds like. I love Brown Bridge road.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #85
dthogey
Adventurer

After all that riding on Friday and fighting the sand, snow, ice, mud I didn't drop her, I had a couple of close calls however.

Last night I was coming off of a 2 track onto S. river rd and hit a bit of soft sand, the front tire cranked hard to the right, the bike came to a stop and down she went!! My first tip over. Luckily it was a slow one, no harm except my pride!

Kalkaska MI
2009 BMW K1200LT
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Old 04-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #86
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogey View Post
After all that riding on Friday and fighting the sand, snow, ice, mud I didn't drop her, I had a couple of close calls however.

Last night I was coming off of a 2 track onto S. river rd and hit a bit of soft sand, the front tire cranked hard to the right, the bike came to a stop and down she went!! My first tip over. Luckily it was a slow one, no harm except my pride!

Get ready for some more sand. That is about all this is up here.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #87
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Anybody riding after work this week, I will be out of work at 3p if anybody is up to it.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #88
dthogey
Adventurer

Just dropped her off for some routine maintenance/service

Kalkaska MI
2009 BMW K1200LT
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Old 05-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #89
yotatoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Yep

picked up my DR350 on Saturday and rode her home, got her titled and plated monday morning and rode her everyday this week. Mostly just back and forth to work, but I work Night shift so when your getting off at 3 I am just getting to work to change and get ready.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #90
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
picked up my DR350 on Saturday and rode her home, got her titled and plated monday morning and rode her everyday this week. Mostly just back and forth to work, but I work Night shift so when your getting off at 3 I am just getting to work to change and get ready.

Well I will just have to give you a shout when I am on the 3p-11p shift or when I am doing my 11p-7a shift.

Quote: