Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #136
Tachedoutoffroad
Mr. Parrish

Oddometer: 628
I'm going to weigh my on bathroom scales, but I can tell you it feels like a bmx bike riding it and is with no doubt "much much" lighter than my 610 a guy on a DRZ almost threw it when he picked it up off me because he was expecting his bike he said it felt like there was somebody on the other side helping him move it

The 12 port and EXC ECU isnt like 50 more hp, but its just much more snappy. Revvs awesome. Worth the money.

Ive had 9? bikes in the last year and this is by far the most fun under 50 mph. With the 610SM and 310TE Im really set I think. 100% percent happy with the range of fun they provide between the 2.

BUY ONE
Support your local know-it-all gear guy and give your money to Brian at https://www.atomic-moto.com/

Tachedoutoffroad screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 06:04 AM
Tachedoutoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #137
Tachedoutoffroad
Mr. Parrish

Swamp had red jersey and red backpack, Ive got the 661 suit and blue backpack

http://youtu.be/JYnuRzYJlFs

"ohgood" made the video. he's awesome

http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=180349
Support your local know-it-all gear guy and give your money to Brian at https://www.atomic-moto.com/
Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #138
robertaccio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
For weight info and more coal on the Husky "X-Lite" thread fire.
My street plated 2011 TE310 weighs 266lb ready to race with a full tank on professional NASCAR spec pad scales.
Mods include some lighter stuff and some heavier stuff. Photo is from before some of the mods. Current configuration include +weight supersproxx rear 52, CH Racing Alloy skid plate, Flexxbars. -weight includes CV4 4 cell Li i battery(-3lb), CV4 hoses, Ti OEM TC250 muffler(-4lb) no street gear-turn signals, horn, but retains all other street stuff like the key start, head and tail lighting, wire harnesses.
to go backwards and reshave some weight I could go back to an alloy rear sprocket and use plain old fat bars again, probably lose about 4lbs there and for a full TXC racer mod change the wire harness and remove all the lighting for another 4-5lbs of stuff. This bike has the 2012 TXC310 ecu and 12 port injector in it.
robertaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #139
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,495
I'm still looking for a good online (US) supplier of Husky parts. Anyone have a recommendation?

Have you guys had to wrap your exhaust or is that a 510 issue?
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #140
robertaccio
Adventurer

xlites 250-310 dont have exhaust interference issues. On Line sales? Im sure Hall's Husky will accomodate US wide buyers as for Canada I have no answer.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #141
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,495
Great, thanks. I'll use Halls. Except for the coolant tank. They can't get it. :(

That is a nice looking bike.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #142
robertaccio
Adventurer

That is a nice looking bike.[/QUOTE]

That foto was taken in Feb, with fresh graphics she's a scratch and dent model now (but not from crashing, from endless trail thrashing).
Old 08-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #143
everfree
n00b

Oddometer: 2
First post. Apologies in advance if this is messed.
Just traded my 06 Husky 610 for a used, low mile, 2012 Husky TE310. Stupid I know, the 610 is a great bike, just wanted to try a lighter Husky and I heard good things about the 310. The previous owner set it up with black Excels, rebuilt heavier forks and shock spring (good for me), smaller rear tire, small blinkers, and Uptite stainless skid plate. Dealer made a nice offer so we shook hands.

I added the 12 port injector and TXC ECU after riding it without. In my opinion, this upgrade is required. What a difference having a smooth, less choppy, throttle. Much easier to ride now. Suspension is good, the sag is within spec, but I may play with the fork clickers for better slow speed compression. Also need to raise the bars for more comfort when riding on the pegs.

The gearing is close and you have to rev it more, but it can pull and it has pop. Just need a different mind set than with my 610, which pulled like a tractor and could save me from my nack of always being in the wrong gear.

I'm happy the 310. I certainly like having 70 fewer lbs to throw around. Still getting used to a lighter nimble bike, but I think it's going to be fine. Better in the woods for sure, and it's been fine on long desert rides too. It's just a hell of alot of fun.

It's good to see there's some interest in the new Huskys. Thanks for all your posts. Interesting to see what you guys are doing.
Dave
everfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #144
Tachedoutoffroad
Mr. Parrish

I sold my 610 for a 310 too.

If you are going ridinig and think you will pick the bike up more than twice, get a 310

If it's all fire rds and long gravel, the 610 was better. For 1-3rd gear/ under 30 mph, I like the 310 300% better. Not. Long distance tourer, but a plated maniac of a woods bike
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #145
everfree
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Yep, the 610 is a great dual sport. Many guys have done the Western TAT with it.
But with the 310, you get a woods/single track bike and plated too. A nice package.

There's a 140 mile dual sport ride coming up here, I might enter and see how the 310 does.
Dave

------------------------
2012 Husky TE310
1987 Husky 430 Auto
1987 Husky 430 WR
1985 Husky 500 Auto
1982 Husky 430 WR
everfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #146
robertaccio
Adventurer

2011 TE310, Final Ride,Race,DS Configuration fotos. 13/52 final drive, supersproxx alloy/steel sprocket. TC250 Ti silencer (-4 lbs). note I ran the TC pipe in closed course mode first, it was loud, so I reinstalled the dB/Sparkarrestor plug, the difference in power was negligible . so for the sake of responsibility plus to keep my sound checks legal for racing the plug is staying in. Also Husky special parts LeoVince CF pipe guard because the TC pipe has no mounts for the OEM TE pipe guard.

robertaccio screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 09:48 AM
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #147
robertaccio
Adventurer

Note for the guys changing final drive gearing, 13/50 is the OEM standard closed course set-up for 250/310 x-lite off road models TE/TXC. I went to 13/52 to keep myself in second gear more in single track technical stuff. With 13/50 I was dropping into 1st too much. I needed to add links to my chain for guide clearance (used a longer chain ).

Also guys need to add chain length and keep the rear axle further back rather than more forward (on the new machines a rear set axle is best for suspension action) and this will give you all the clearance for the chain guide to do its job properly. Some of the photos seen here have the rear sprocket butted up against the guide (no good). With ideas to modify the chain guide for clearance (not a good idea).

13t is about as small as you want to go up front.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #148
tigrebleau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
TE250 low speed stumbles

My 2012 TE250 has the power-up kit installed and a 12-tooth front sprocket. It is really hard to ride smoothly at low speed and will stall easily unless I use the clutch a lot. It also has a really loud intake honk when opening the throttle. Would re-installing the air filter cover solve both problems? Advice appreciated.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #149
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrebleau View Post
My 2012 TE250 has the power-up kit installed and a 12-tooth front sprocket. It is really hard to ride smoothly at low speed and will stall easily unless I use the clutch a lot. It also has a really loud intake honk when opening the throttle. Would re-installing the air filter cover solve both problems? Advice appreciated.
The low speed stalling is the fuel delivery. It needs a 12 port injector + something to change the mapping. Either an efi module from the TXC, a JD jetting module, or a Power Commander.

Couldn't tell you about the intake noise, there should be lots. The air filter baffle should make the stalling problem worse, as the stock mapping is way too rich.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #150
robertaccio
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrebleau View Post
I dont know the answer to your issue, but for sure OEM TE and the TXC final drive gearing is 13/40 which is super high gearing, TC is 13/50 more standard with the offroad crowd and with the current gearbox ratios. Mine is at 13/52 because I wanted it even lower geared. Most power ups install the 50 tooth rear sprocket to match the TC set up.
The OEM does not go smaller than 13 up front for any of the x-lite platforms.