Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #331
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleWriter View Post
I know, I'd be insane to carry a passenger on a TE250, and I'd never think of it. But, the bike I bought used came with a brand new pair of passenger footpeg mounts that had never been installed. So... I they might be a great way to build up a rear rack that could carry some light panniers for my upcoming expedition to Colorado. I found a picture of how the left side mounts, but does anyone have a pic or know how the right side bolts up? I can always jury rig something but I'd like to see how the world-class engineers at Husky thought to do it. With a 310 kit and a 14, or maybe even a 15 tooth front sprocket, this bike might be a formidable dual sport machine.

*Also posted on CafeHusky...
Can't find the pictures right now, but I posted some info in thumpertalk a while ago that might help.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/688...s#entry6957430

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #332
MotorcycleWriter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Perfect! Thanks so much.

Ever carried a passenger? Seems like a challenge to get up there, but if she was a pretty girl I sure wouldn't mind having her hang on nice and tight!
MotorcycleWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #333
TrailPunter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I use the Giantloop Coyote bag on my 610. No racks to worry about. Comes off easy, stays put when riding. I've put it on my 250 and it fits just fine. http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

09' TE-610, 06' TE-250
TrailPunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #334
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleWriter View Post
Perfect! Thanks so much.

Ever carried a passenger? Seems like a challenge to get up there, but if she was a pretty girl I sure wouldn't mind having her hang on nice and tight!
Never had my pegs mounted. Those pictures I found somewhere online.

I got a pair just for the brackets to mount a side tank & never did end up mounting it. Now I'm considering mounting the passenger pegs just for a tie down point to carry stuff. Or if my daughter ever wanted to go for a ride, which isn't likely. Can't imagine wifey would be too pleased if I was giving pretty young girls a ride, & wifey won't get on the Husky

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #335
tigrebleau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
2012 TE250 for sale

I'm selling my 2012 TE250 (with the factory-lowered seating position). Power up kit and lots of Touratech farkles. Less than 250 miles. Never off-road. Asking $5500. Located in central NJ. PM me for information if interested.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #336
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,800
Laugh loose fuel pump. thingy

today i was out pre-running for a future ride today when my bike stopped running correctly. it came after a pretty big crash. so i figured it had knocked something loose.

bike would turn over and sputter then die.

when i checked the gas i saw something that didnt look right.

i fished it out of the top of the filler hole with a zip tie to see what it was

at first i thought "hmm the hose came off of that white plastic thingy. i wonder where it is? "

after digging around in the tank for a little bit i turned the bike on and realized that this thing was the fuel pump. it had come free from wherever it was supposed to be and was above the fuel level.. so the motor wasnt getting any gas.

had to McGyver a tool to push the damn thing down into the bottom corner of the tank (i was close to reserve).

it worked. however i had laid my gear in a fire ant bed and had to stomp and smack for a while. made a bee line to the gas station to top up and keep that pump under gas level.

Fix It:

this is the female side that the pump goes in. the pump has a "pinch release" on it , it is very shitty and provides zero tension.

i reinstalled the pump into its "holder" then used zip ties to lock it in. pretty sure that bitch is not going to pop out again.... unless the gas eats through the zip ties...

... i suggest the rest of you check your pumps while in the comfort of your garages. its a bitch to fix on the side of the road if that thing herniates itself.

.. and why in the hell are there exposed electrical connectors (that connect to the pump) inside the gas tank..?

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #337
Beer_me
JY

Oddometer: 65
Swamp,
The used Te250 I bought earlier this year had the fuel pump fail basically as soon as I got it home and ripped ONCE down the street on it. With a new pump procured, I too used zip ties to hold the two housing halves together. Not sure what douchebag engineer thought that BS would hold together with any kind of spirited riding. Oh and that is why I think my pump failed--it was floating loose and the tank was near empty. I either sucked up some dirt b/c the fuel filter was by default no longer on the intake or it burned up because it had no fluid to pump. I suspect the former. 100% agree-- take your take off, pull the pump and zip tie the housing together.

Forgive errors b/c I tapd dis on my fone yo
'11 Husky TE250
Beer_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #338
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

on a different subject.. kind of

so what have you guys heard about Husqvarna lately ?

I know all about the ktm purchase.

im wondering about "whats next" for the husqvarna brand.
are they going to make an awesome 300 two stroke ?
are they going to change the motors in the four strokes ?
are they going to make a bad ass, aggressive 650 ?

and (gasp) are they going to put the exhaust on the "wrong" side of the bike?

i really like my 250, it is perfect for the single track i ride on. handles amazing. its like the bike was made for me. not sure what could be done to improve upon it. but id like to see them try.

anyone heard anything?

links

Old 07-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #339
Dan888
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Hey guys , just picked up a used "08" TE 250, moving up from a KLX250s. Really liking the bike so far, just starting to set it up for me. It has a 12 tooth on it now but that leaves it with no top end so I ordered a 13 and a 14 to play around with. Looking for a skidplate to keep the bottom of the frame from taking a beating. I'd like something thick to help it maintain it's shape after pounding across logs. Looking at the emperor, uptite, racing solutions, or possibly the special part skidplate that Husky sells in their catalog. Anybody have any insight? I posted this up on the Cafehusky site too.
Thanks, Dan

Dan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #340
MotorcycleWriter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Nice ride. EFI right? I'm jealous.
MotorcycleWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #341
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

i run the TM design works skid plate on my 2012 TE250

Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #342
TrailPunter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I've got the Uptite skid plate and it's nice, but pricey. Hyde Racing makes a composite one that is less expensive. If you go with Uptite use the phone. George doesn't do email or online ordering. He also sends stuff C.O.D.

09' TE-610, 06' TE-250
TrailPunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #343
Beer_me
JY

Oddometer: 65
I got the Hyde racing one...it has held up better than my front rim in the rocks of the Blue Ridge.

PS. NICE garage Swamp!

Forgive errors b/c I tapd dis on my fone yo
'11 Husky TE250
Beer_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #344
Dan888
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
i run the TM design works skid plate on my 2012 TE250
Yep EFI McyWriter, I think I like it

Swamp, that one's made out of slightly flexible stuff isn't it? The same stuff as the chain guides TM makes? Does it hold up ok after smashing it between the bike and logs etc? I just keep picturing the frame pinching through a plate like that when it ends up between the bike and a log.
Your Blog thing is amazing! Awesome pics in there ( just read some of fist full de Baja so far) Great photography.

Thanks Trailpunter , good to know. Old skool COD lol

Beer me I just looked that Hyde one up, another semi flexible one. Hmmm I'd have the same wear concerns as I would have with the TM, but maybe it's not a problem.
Dan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #345
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

trust me you're not going to crack this thing. i smash the shit out of my bike on boulders and trees. all the time.

the thing is tough. it slides off boulders better than the aluminum stuff does. its also lighter.

i destroyed the stock plate in just a few months after buying the bike. it had holes and cracks all over it. the stock one is a very rigid, formed thing. it didnt hold up very long but it did "glide" well over obstacles.

the TMD plate has held up twice as long already. i've had to replace the three mounting screws on the bottom because i ground the heads off (they were domed alan heads) while rock and tree hopping. it has five mount points (i only use 4). its solid.

ill buy another when/ if i wear this one out.
oh thanks for checking out the ride report. glad you dug it.