Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #421
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji View Post
ain't that a kick in the balls.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #422
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,863
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
One of my favorite places - good place for a tag even.

thanks for sharing the photos, but please don't confuse the tag with non grab shots.....

Nutzy is waiting, and he's very photo-genic.....ride, shoot, post....repeat.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #423
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
He dosent swim well either.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #424
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
thanks for sharing the photos, but please don't confuse the tag with non grab shots.....

Nutzy is waiting, and he's very photo-genic.....ride, shoot, post....repeat.
Pictures removed.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #425
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,286
I was headed to the tag site this afternoon. About 5 miles to go and I see this:

I was worried Nutsy was going to be stuck where he was until the water recedes in July or August, but I rerouted and came in from the south side, no water, no closed road. Once I was there, I couldn't remember where he was hiding. Cell service sucked. but eventually the page loaded, I read Fearlesss's directions and found him right where he said:

He paused for a quick photo op and we were back on the road.

I'm planning to leave early in the morning to go take him somewhere to get away from the flood. We'll see how that works out.
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....

CrashDummy screwed with this post 05-14-2011 at 06:27 PM
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #426
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Great grab! I think the boy was happy he wasn't going become Capt. Nutsy of the SS First Aide.
Also love how the porch railng is still up there.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #427
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

I talked it over with Nutsy, and while he wanted to hang around a few days, see my office and meet the local ADV crew, if we didn't go today he'd be stuck here for a couple of weeks. He got strapped in for the ride and off we went.

We saw a lot of this bridge

A bunch of this

And even a few of these

Getting closer

We were short on time, but we took in a few sights

Even stopped by the pirate store

tag photo

The drop location is kind of far from the photo, but I had a hard time finding somewhere to stash Nutsy's big assed box. A couple of blocks northeast of the photo you'll find a shop that's pretty famous for making these

From the back side of that, head northeast again, between the buildings. There are some statues and fountains. Find this one

Look to the right of her and you'll see the bushes

If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #428
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Good job Crash - glad you did't ask me to tag along with you. That's a long day from here.
I really hated to not stay in the city longer than I did, but I promised the wife I'd be home before 3 to keep the baby while she took the other kid to a birthday party. I got there at 3:30. She was not pleased, but the beignets helped.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #429
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
I really hated to not stay in the city longer than I did, but I promised the wife I'd be home before 3 to keep the baby while she took the other kid to a birthday party. I got there at 3:30. She was not pleased, but the beignets helped.

Should have taken the Benelli and you could have been home sooner.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #430
1125Rebel
lost

Oddometer: 98
And I'm offshore at work for the next two weeks. I could be there in two hour.
1125Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #431
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1125Rebel View Post
I was sure someone would have picked it up by now, hope it's still there.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #432
boxchain
Scientist

Oddometer: 18
I got yo nut

In strict adherence to the rules, since he was hidden in a park where motorcycles aren't allowed, and would certainly be noticed, I had to bring my 'exercise bike'.

I nearly pulled out an electrical junction box since they are the same color green and about the same size at Nutzy's bedroom
He reeked of low grade grain alcohol. Said he needed some air, so I took him up to see the river.

Luckily for us, flooding isn't happening here, thanks to a lot of serious flood control structures upriver. The river is at an artificial crest of 17' and has been for weeks. I've got other pictures of the river here which I was out snapping on a levee tour when CrashDummy was making his drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1125Rebel View Post
I don't plan on going too far, so you'll probably get a shot with him too.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #433
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Glad you got him boxchain, I was getting worried about the little guy.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #434
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,863
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxchain View Post
In strict adherence to the rules, since he was hidden in a park where motorcycles aren't allowed, and would certainly be noticed, I had to bring my 'exercise bike'.

I nearly pulled out an electrical junction box since they are the same color green and about the same size at Nutzy's bedroom
He reeked of low grade grain alcohol. Said he needed some air, so I took him up to see the river.

Luckily for us, flooding isn't happening here, thanks to a lot of serious flood control structures upriver. The river is at an artificial crest of 17' and has been for weeks. I've got other pictures of the river here which I was out snapping on a levee tour when CrashDummy was making his drop.

I don't plan on going too far, so you'll probably get a shot with him too.

You really need to read the rules and intent of this game....it's on post one, if you need an assist...

The game intent, and rules have not been met on this grab, you have violated the game.

it is a game played ON MOTORCYCLES, and the tag and grab must be completed ON MOTORCYCLE. The Obligatory "TAG SHOT" outlined in the tag drop was not met...go back to the drop post, note it, and re-create it.
Walking to the drop site was part of the tag, not riding your bicycle across the street, picking up the nut, and getting in on the game.

Either play by the rules, or place the tag back and leave it as a jewel for someone willing to play correctly.
Sorry for the scolding, but we been playing this straight long enough, and it isn't fair to all who have played so far to accept anything but fair play.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #435
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,343
As the OP, let me state this;

The drop spot SHOULD NOT be a walk, hike or what ever from the place your motorcycle is parked. Your bike MUST be in the drop shot. If the only place you can find to hide Nutsy (why does he need that big case anyway) is 100 yds from the nearest place you can get your bike to, find another location.

I say let the current grab stand, from here on out please obey the intent if not the rules of the game. Take Nutsy on an adventure, show him lots of places and then find a nice spot to drop him (box not needed in my opinion) where your bike can be in the shot.

Carry on.