Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #496
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,579
Talk about a thread killer, it's been 3 weeks now and no updates. For the sake of the game, we should consider other options here.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #497
David R
I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer: 2,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredthello View Post
Sorry for the stealth scoop yesterday. Nutsy is well and I will return the box to its home.

I picked him on a detour off my saddle sore yesterday. 1333.5 miles logged 330am Sat to Sunday. I was off pace, so I welcomed a few hours off the interstate. FWIW, Nutsy was 20 miles into Louisiana. Both sides of that Ferry are in LA. Nutsy accomoanied me to Jennings (easternmost route point), then back to finish my Club Cert in Victoria. Good thing Nutsy diesn't complain, cause I haven't been the best host.

I'm at work but I'm think'n on introduc'n him to a trio of sisters a little later this week - he's all smiles!

Dred
Do these sisters have bikes? He is dying for a ride then a short rest.

David
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #498
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Talk about a thread killer, it's been 3 weeks now and no updates. For the sake of the game, we should consider other options here.
All those times over the last year when the tag sat unclaimed and I couldn't make an east coast run...now that I am actually riding it seems there's no tag anywhere in sight.

I did the run from NC to Maine via the coastal cities yesterday. Staying with family in Portland for most of the week. Riding back through the inland cities and Poconos this weekend. Anyone know of any other active tag games with tags in the North East that I might play on my way?

Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #499
Ovoidious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Maryland TOR is always a very active tag and Mid Atlantic Tag has just taken off again...you might try either of those...
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #500
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
I sure would like to make this a "two-fer" and snag the USA tag while I got the NA tag.

Hello Hello Hello.....Is there anybody out there?......Just post if you can hear me.....Is there anyone home??

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #501
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,964
And here's one of the problems with "Mascot" tag games.

Summer's a wastin and this dude is just gonna sit on it. Time for a new tag and moving the game forward.

Everybody, start PM'ing him. He's on here daily.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #502
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,482
Dred,

Can you post up what is going on with Nutsy fron the USA TOR? Let us know if you will be dropping him soon or if we need to resume the game with a new mascot.

Please keep in mind that it is more about keeping Nutay moving than it is about the quality of the drop.

Thanks

02TAC
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #503
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post

Everybody, start PM'ing him. He's on here daily.
Good idea.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #504
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

1125Rebel,

If we do not get a reply and drop from Dred by 9AM (est) Monday morning, would you be willing to pick up a new Nutsy and get the game moving again?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #505
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,579
My vote is that 1125Rebel find a suitable replacement mascot (doesn't have to be a "Nutsy") and re-hide it somewhere ASAP. We've waited long enough. If Dred comes through before 1125Rebel, fine - but that doesn't seem likely at this point.

I really like the North American mascot, the egg. It's something that you can add your name to, giving it a lot of character. Maybe the new mascot could be personalized like that, just a thought.

akarob screwed with this post 07-07-2011 at 08:25 AM
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #506
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
I have a NASCAR Nutsy that could be ready to go in a few seconds. picked her up at Darlington this year. She is looking for her man. will drop pic off the phone in a second.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
she is a wild little girl who has been in my kitchen for the last few months. She hasn't cleaned anything and just sits there watching tv with my dogs.
I told her about Nutsy and she wants to meet him.
This is her sister, she had on yellow, Nancy has on pink. She was in front of Dale Jr. pit but i don't think she was happy.
She is a country girl and likes to sleep in the woods, She doesn't need a box or a blanket to keep her company, all she needs is a zip tie to keep her company.

JALnSC screwed with this post 07-07-2011 at 08:45 AM
JALnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #507
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,300
Thumbs down

I agree that this is an inherent problem with 'mascot' tags. Someone ran off with the mascot in two other TORs I participate in.

I've been patient not to flame Dred up until this point, but I do think its time for him to at least post some sort of explanation.

But then, look at his data..........NOOB,

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #508
Dredthello
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
WOW maybe shoulda watched my PMs. Good news is I'm off work Today and it's not Pouring Rain.

Nutsy has been pampered well taken care of and he's ready to move.

He wanted to take off for a ride in the Wienermobile b4 we had a talk about it being a cage.

Now, I have two days of work b4 a delayed vacation. And, my vacation was supposed to start when I picked him up - so, I'm gonna make a nearby drop this afternoon. I had intended to introduce him to the sisters, but work and life have delayed my visit. If he's not scooped before I take off I'll move him "same day".

Anyway, nutsy will be dropped in his grey cloth sack. I've added a ziploc that also includes a pair of zip tie straps that allow Nutsy to enjoy the open air while riding. We haven't been far, but Nutsy has been mounted to Mad Maxine for his overextended stay - so, we've enjoyed a daily ride to work.

Sorry to have played kidnapper. Location to follow.
Dredthello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #509
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Thanks

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #510
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Dred,

Thanks for the update. Definately drop him as soon as you can as I believe there are a few ADVers waiting for a shot to grab him.