Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #61
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
Hi;

We are finalising at the moment the construction of the 2x35L cutout.

We will announce as soon as the 3D images finishes.

Best Regards

Selim
Thanks for the update but I'm confused. How is the 35l cutout any different? The 35l and the 45l bags are identical except in width. Considering the cutout is removing the one side, how would the process be any different in building the 35l vs the 45l? The same amount needs to be cut out of the side of the bag and the same panel needs to be welded back in. Or am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
While technically it's not a big deal, there is an impact to importers such as myself. Each additional product constructed is an additional line item or two that i need to bring in. Knowing how much capital I want to invest in each order means that we're not as deep in other products. It's a fine line trying to balance out everything, especially considering that the end goal is for us to have bags in stock, all the time, which we can't seem to get to.

That said, I love the idea of the 35L kits, and I hope they are available soon. :) Also, any feedback about preferred color for these would be quite helpful!
Again, maybe I'm missing something. The bag prices are the same. The manufacture of them should be the same. You have buyers lined up. If you bring in a total of 10 sets of GSW exhaust cut out bags in 45l size or you bring in 8 in 45l and 2 in 35l it shouldn't make any difference on your end. I could see the issue when it comes to balancing the amount of stock (money out of your pocket sitting on shelves) but in a pre-order situation it shouldn't make a difference.

Maybe I'm being a pain in your asses, but I've been waiting for these bags for 3 months now. Even if they make it in the first batch, they are still likely over a month away! If we wait until the third batch, it'll likely bwe 3 to 4 months away. Holan has bags available NOW and they've been available for some time. Touratech has also publicly stated they will likely have bags out mid summer. I like these better but at some point waiting doesn't make any more sense if there are other options. Frankly, Globescouts are the best bags in my book out there but they are missing out on a fairly large market right now and not offering these in sizes people want isn't smart.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #62
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Thanks for the update but I'm confused. How is the 35l cutout any different? The 35l and the 45l bags are identical except in width. Considering the cutout is removing the one side, how would the process be any different in building the 35l vs the 45l? The same amount needs to be cut out of the side of the bag and the same panel needs to be welded back in. Or am I missing something?

Again, maybe I'm missing something. The bag prices are the same. The manufacture of them should be the same. You have buyers lined up. If you bring in a total of 10 sets of GSW exhaust cut out bags in 45l size or you bring in 8 in 45l and 2 in 35l it shouldn't make any difference on your end. I could see the issue when it comes to balancing the amount of stock (money out of your pocket sitting on shelves) but in a pre-order situation it shouldn't make a difference.

Maybe I'm being a pain in your asses, but I've been waiting for these bags for 3 months now. Even if they make it in the first batch, they are still likely over a month away! If we wait until the third batch, it'll likely bwe 3 to 4 months away. Holan has bags available NOW and they've been available for some time. Touratech has also publicly stated they will likely have bags out mid summer. I like these better but at some point waiting doesn't make any more sense if there are other options. Frankly, Globescouts are the best bags in my book out there but they are missing out on a fairly large market right now and not offering these in sizes people want isn't smart.
Please see my comments in the other thread regarding the process for contracting the Globescouts. There are steps that they need to do in order to ensure that every Globescout is built identically correct.

Holans are much more built by hand, so they can be a bit more nimble about what they do. Before ordering a set, you absolutely want verify availability -- it's highly likely they aren't as available as what you believe them to be.

I'm rather surprised that the TT set isn't out yet. I'd be thrilled to do a side by side comparison when they do arrive. I think they would compare quite well.

Anyway, if you want more detail, please feel free to PM me or email me (customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com) I'd be happy go into more detail and provide information that I just dont' want to publish publicly.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #63
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm rather surprised that the TT set isn't out yet. I'd be thrilled to do a side by side comparison when they do arrive. I think they would compare quite well.

I'm a bit surprised too, but there is supposedly some new "Pro 2" bags coming along, so maybe those are what's holding it up? Purely a guess though, but it would make sense to release the new system with the new bags.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #64
Sparc OP
SparC

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Hi Again;

First of all, very much thanks for all the positivle pushing and all the interest in our products.

You are not missing something. It's just the principal thing after almost 25 years in designing and manufacturing locking parts and systems of metal, to not let an idea published as "ready to order" before all the checks are done, even if it seems very easy or simple and also even it is very easy or simple. You're right, on the right sided cases we need just to change the outher body part. And on this weekend after this very helpful and pushing messages we finished all the checks and drawings.

MotorCycle Insight is informed and served with 3D images and drawings in detail. You will shortly informed in his thread and here.

With my best regards

Selim
Sparc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #65
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,701
Gimme, gimme, gimme right now! Gotta love the American attitude.

Selim, you guys make a great product and its worth the wait IMO. I'm about to test their robustness on the Continental Divide for the next 2 1/2 weeks.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #66
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Gimme, gimme, gimme right now! Gotta love the American attitude.

Selim, you guys make a great product and its worth the wait IMO. I'm about to test their robustness on the Continental Divide for the next 2 1/2 weeks.
Really?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #67
Sparc OP
SparC

35L Cutout system for R1200GS LC

Hi;

Here are the images of the 35L cutout pannier system for R1200GS LC :

Best Regards

Selim
Old 07-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #68
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,428
Great graphics.

~Butch Cassidy
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #69
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Very cool! So will these be available in the first shipment or an approximate date?

Also, thanks a bunch for listening! You rock!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #70
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Very cool! So will these be available in the first shipment or an approximate date?

Also, thanks a bunch for listening! You rock!
Yes, these will be produced for the next order.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #71
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, these will be produced for the next order.
Fantastic!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #72
GeorgeD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
side panniers and pannier carrier for KTM1190

Quote:
Hi again;

Here is the first pictures from the first top case install on the KTM 1190 ADV:

Best Regards

Selim
Thanks for providing photos!
May I assume that next step will be the carrier to hold the side panniers?

Photos with 3 panniers (side and top box) are more than welcome!

thanks!
GeorgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #73
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Hi again;

Here is the first pictures from the first top case install on the KTM 1190 ADV:

Best Regards

Selim
Hi Selim,

Do you have the side panniers and rack as well?
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #74
Sparc OP
SparC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Hi Selim,

Do you have the side panniers and rack as well?
Hi Corsica101;

Side panniers from our standart program can be mounted on almost all rectangular carrier systems with tubular material ( 16 - 18mm ). But if you are asking for a cutout system, this is in our mind, but not yet in the timetable.

Best Regards

Selim
Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #75
jj_pt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Hi Corsica101;

Side panniers from our standart program can be mounted on almost all rectangular carrier systems with tubular material ( 16 - 18mm ). But if you are asking for a cutout system, this is in our mind, but not yet in the timetable.

Best Regards

Selim
I would also be interested in a cutout system for the 1190. Do you still have plans for such a setup?

Thank you.