Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #31
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderind
If I am right about interpreting your 'attachment' with the f4i, I'd recommend that you go with it. Very important you know the bike and vice versa.

Are you crossing into Asia in Turkey? Do you plan to touch Africa on your trip? Taking a ferry from Greece into Tunisia, riding it on the mediterranean coast through Libya and Egypt and then crossing red sea to Aqaba is another option if you havent thought about it. You can catch up to turkey through Syria
as this is my first long trip, i have no dirt experience of any kind. i thouhgt id go 'all asphalt' for my first trip.
Also no Pakistani has ever done anything like this. i want to be the first.

San Francisco to Pakistan is not really Round The World. i really want to put the RTW tittle to my trip.
i live in a small city in pakistan. and if the news channel says, im the first pakistani to do a RTW on a motorcycle that will be cool :P
although i have no intention of being on the tv nor do i wish to be famous.

so maybe after pakistan, its gonna be india all they way to veitnam???
if i have the money ill keep going.
khan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #32
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by manshoon
YOU Pu_s_Y

How about, GET THE FUC OUT and don't come back.

Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #33
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Stefan Knopf Knopftours

some info i got about shipping ur motorcycle from the US to Europe

Stefan sent me this email below. He ships to containers with about 15 bikes each. this is probably the cheapest shipping method i have found till..
it also includes Green Card Insurance for 30 days.
This will be through sea. the Airfright he said will be any date u choose and it will cost $600 more. thats suck but oh well, im not even half way through my research. will keep you guys posted, as soon as i find some valuable info..

Stefan Knopf's email address: knopftours@aol.com

Here some info about my own shipment for you it would be good in one of the container here the info #
the insurance cover no theft only damage on other Person and Property #

Hello

I have 2 Shipments the next half year

On the 2 November from Los Angeles to Heidelberg arrival around early January ,storage free till 31 March .

on the 4 March from Orlando to Heidelberg arrival by 25 April latest mostly earlyer ,storage free untill
end of May.

Storage single month are 30 Dollar and a full year are 300 Dollar .

Here are what you need .

Papers i need

Original Titel ( it is a must that we get the original titel customs will not relase the container untill proof of original Titel it is a US Customs regulation you get it back in Germany )
5 copys of Titel
2 copys of Driverlisence
Export power of attorney witch i attach

5 copys of Passport from you
2copys of ID from seller the bike if bike is purchest less then 3 month of export
2 copys of salesrecipt
Writen statment that this bike with all info like make model vin plattenummber color you send all your info name adress phone send to europe for personal use on your vacation and that knopftours can handel all eport issue and customs in the USA and germany sign it and date it and notary srtampt

Also youre complett adress wirth phonenummber and email on a sepret paper
Also each 3 copys of titel and passport has to be stampt from youre copys not from seller

For the bike

Battery has to be disconectedt
Gasoline on reserve
Key has to be in the=2 0ignition and fasten with a robe or antythink to no t get lost.(Do not give me or warehousepeople a Key IT HAS TO BE ON THE bike
If you ship duffelbags with it all luggage has to have a nametag on it.Need a list of inventory in the bags
Make yo ure Name on the frontlith i ship about 25 bikes i like to knowe witch is yours.
If you can windschild and Mirrors better packt in duffelbag.

cost are

925 dollar per bike shipping
55 Dollar warehouse and export fee
50 Dollar Customs clearings in germany
175 dollar for one month greencard insurance may change and will be cheaper we work on it .
1% Transport insurance of value the bike

payment . add all up and include in sepred envolop a check personal check are fine made out to Knopf Motorradreisen

Old 09-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
manshoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Manshoon wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I am not sure if this is the place to take up the situation I am finding myself in after discovering my account for ADV has been banned. While my wife and I were on Vacation in Southern Oregon from Friday 9-17-2010 through 9-21-2010 pre driving a trip I plan on doing on my own motorcycle to Bryce Canyon and beyond.

My brother in law who was watching over my home and my family dogs had a chance to post a very distasteful message on the ADV forums board.

I know it is my responsibility to take care of my property and the people who watch over my affairs when I am gone but what has happened here is inexcusable on my brother in law, Dale Frisk's part. After some questioning as to what, it seems after Dale, was having a good time drinking and watching a Episode of South Park on my computer, decided to log into my account on ADV. Which I have my login information tagged next to my computer.

After actually seeing what was posted by Dale, it had infuriated me to no end, and I have since kicked him out of my residence because of this.

I am not sure how I can publicly apologize to the gentleman" khan46 " in the Trip Planning forum on ADV, for the actions of Dale, because I feel terrible as to what was posted and which is totally out of character. I don't know what he was thinking or what can be done to rectify this situation. If this Email could at least be posted to the forum or forwarded to khan46 expressing my sincere apology.

Hateful statement's or attacks on anyone's race, sex, or personal beliefs should never be tolerated any where at anytime and for any reason. There are no words to explain the shame that was brought on to me because of these actions and I am sincerely sorry that this has happened and that my name was associated with it.

Thank you
Manshoon

Khan46,

I am sorry this has happened, I take full responsibility for the actions of my brother in laws behavior, which was totally out of line. I cant say how mad I was when I saw this post, but I understand your frustration with such a careless response to your questions.

Regardless of what was posted, it didn't come from me and I am very ashamed my name was associated with it.

Again I would like to say I am sorry for what has happened here and wish you nothing but the best in your future rides. As I am off in the morning for my own ride to Zion UT and beyond.

Steve ( aka Manshoon )

Old 09-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #35
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:

To whom it may concern,

I am not sure if this is the place to take up the situation I am finding myself in after discovering my account for ADV has been banned. While my wife and I were on Vacation in Southern Oregon from Friday 9-17-2010 through 9-21-2010 pre driving a trip I plan on doing on my own motorcycle to Bryce Canyon and beyond.

My brother in law who was watching over my home and my family dogs had a chance to post a very distasteful message on the ADV forums board....

Ouch. I hope that your brother-in-law is 12 years old and lost it after having his first taste of liquor out of your locked cabinet. Maybe he'll have a chance to learn and do better in the future. If that's not the case then I wish you luck in managing this relationship for the rest of your/his life. He needs a serious intervention. Yuck.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #36
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

manshoon its all good, i just didnt expect something like this from an advrider.
relationships with family members are very impotant, fix it up with your brother in law.

takecare buddy

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

My brother in law who was watching over my home and my family dogs had a chance to post a very distasteful message on the ADV forums board.

I know it is my responsibility to take care of my property and the people who watch over my affairs when I am gone but what has happened here is inexcusable on my brother in law, Dale Frisk's part. After some questioning as to what, it seems after Dale, was having a good time drinking and watching a Episode of South Park on my computer, decided to log into my account on ADV. Which I have my login information tagged next to my computer.

After actually seeing what was posted by Dale, it had infuriated me to no end, and I have since kicked him out of my residence because of this.

I am not sure how I can publicly apologize to the gentleman" khan46 " in the Trip Planning forum on ADV, for the actions of Dale, because I feel terrible as to what was posted and which is totally out of character. I don't know what he was thinking or what can be done to rectify this situation. If this Email could at least be posted to the forum or forwarded to khan46 expressing my sincere apology.

Hateful statement's or attacks on anyone's race, sex, or personal beliefs should never be tolerated any where at anytime and for any reason. There are no words to explain the shame that was brought on to me because of these actions and I am sincerely sorry that this has happened and that my name was associated with it.

Thank you
Manshoon

Khan46,

I am sorry this has happened, I take full responsibility for the actions of my brother in laws behavior, which was totally out of line. I cant say how mad I was when I saw this post, but I understand your frustration with such a careless response to your questions.

Regardless of what was posted, it didn't come from me and I am very ashamed my name was associated with it.

Again I would like to say I am sorry for what has happened here and wish you nothing but the best in your future rides. As I am off in the morning for my own ride to Zion UT and beyond.

Steve ( aka Manshoon )

Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #37
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
so what is the status of your trip
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #38
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
so what is the status of your trip

got iran and pakistan visa and carnet sorted out last week.

Turkey visa is not required before hand, i can get it on the border as i have a US passport. all i need is carnet for turkey now. and paperwork would be 100% complete..

about shipping the bike.

i have 3 options right now..

the cheapest is to ship from NY to Germany in a container with knopf tours in november. the bike will get there around mid January then it will be in storage till end may when i get there.. total cost is $1100

2nd is ship from NY to portugal. by air. cost $2200. by ship $1300

3rd is NY to London by air $1500

bike got serviced last week. valve check, new cam chain tensioner, oil, brakes (oil n pads) and some other little stuff..

im pretty set to go..
working 3 jobs, 65 hours a week
collecting money for the trip :)
cant wait
Old 10-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #39
existent80
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
I think you can beat those prices using Wallenius Wilhelmsen - it's about $800 for the bike and you'll pay maybe $100 in extra fees at the port. New York to either Southampton, Belgium, or Germany. You'll need a shipping agent on each side; I can recommend.
existent80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #40
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by existent80
I think you can beat those prices using Wallenius Wilhelmsen - it's about $800 for the bike and you'll pay maybe $100 in extra fees at the port. New York to either Southampton, Belgium, or Germany. You'll need a shipping agent on each side; I can recommend.
how much do the shipping agents charge??
please recommend ill contact them asap
Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #41
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan46
im pretty set to go..
working 3 jobs, 65 hours a week
collecting money for the trip :)
cant wait
cool. keep us updated
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #42
driftr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Carnet

How did you go about getting the Carnet? Did you get it through CAA? Also did you take a bank loan, cash or idemnity insurance for you carnet? I am planning on a trip to Tokyo through Russia within a year or too and found out that you only need Carnet for Asians and African countries. Any info will help.

Thanks.
driftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #43
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftr
How did you go about getting the Carnet? Did you get it through CAA? Also did you take a bank loan, cash or idemnity insurance for you carnet? I am planning on a trip to Tokyo through Russia within a year or too and found out that you only need Carnet for Asians and African countries. Any info will help.

Thanks.
Hit up Suzanne Danies at SDanis@national.caa.ca
shes awesome.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #44
zoeed
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Talking Mind if I come along?

I believe you know me Khan Sab. ;)

How about you, your brother and I, all three try out this trip on our respective honda's?

Would love to join from london, all the way till lahore.

For the record, since you'll use your American passport for travelling, technically you won't be the first "pakistani" to such a tirp

On the other hand this will make me the official first Pakistani to do such a trip
zoeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #45
khan46 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeed
I believe you know me Khan Sab. ;)

How about you, your brother and I, all three try out this trip on our respective honda's?

Would love to join from london, all the way till lahore.

For the record, since you'll use your American passport for travelling, technically you won't be the first "pakistani" to such a tirp

On the other hand this will make me the official first Pakistani to do such a trip

haha mr zoeed.