ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman
So for you guys that have an XPC with a suede cover... how's it looking for the suede wanting to pull away from the seat like Renazco claims? I know he's not using suede because he "couldn't make it work right," but I am really liking XPC for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that he will do suede. And from the pictures I see, XPC is turning out a beautiful looking seat. So what gives? Does XPC have some secret pattern that fixes the problem? Is there a problem at all? This is pretty much the last thing I want to straighten out before I send my seat in to XPC.
I don't know, what does he mean by "pulling away from the seat"? I don't see anything on mine that looks like it's pulling away from the seat.

I've got about 1200 miles on mine so far with no issues. In all honesty, the very front of the seat doesn't look like stock, but it's fine and the seat looks great and is so comfortable. SO much more comfortable than stock.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
PackMule
love what you do
 
PackMule's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: New Hampshah
Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
I don't know, what does he mean by "pulling away from the seat"? I don't see anything on mine that looks like it's pulling away from the seat.

I've got about 1200 miles on mine so far with no issues. In all honesty, the very front of the seat doesn't look like stock, but it's fine and the seat looks great and is so comfortable. SO much more comfortable than stock.

Reportedly James has said he won't do suede for the 800GS because the suede will pull away from the foam/seat for some reason. Perhaps it stretches a bit with wear and something about the profile just doesn't work right? Dunno.
__________________
Nate in N.E.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA


Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
Fireman
Shazaam!
 
Fireman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Oddometer: 97
Yeah, Packmule pretty much said what I heard too. Renazco said that because of the seat profile he could not get suede to follow the contour and that it would "pull away" or something. Maybe it doesn't matter what the problem was, because clearly XPC has done a hell of a job with the two I've seen on this thread. I'm sold. It's the best price I've seen for a reputable custom seat maker, and all y'alls reviews are just wonderful. Is that suede pretty thick and sturdy feeling? Did anyone get the passenger area re-done all well? I talked to XPC on the phone the other day and we now have a plan of action for my specific riding needs, and the passenger comfort is VERY important. Wondering if there is any feedback in that arena.
__________________
2009 F800GS
2006 KLX250
1974 BMW R90/6
Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #19
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman
Yeah, Packmule pretty much said what I heard too. Renazco said that because of the seat profile he could not get suede to follow the contour and that it would "pull away" or something. Maybe it doesn't matter what the problem was, because clearly XPC has done a hell of a job with the two I've seen on this thread. I'm sold. It's the best price I've seen for a reputable custom seat maker, and all y'alls reviews are just wonderful. Is that suede pretty thick and sturdy feeling? Did anyone get the passenger area re-done all well? I talked to XPC on the phone the other day and we now have a plan of action for my specific riding needs, and the passenger comfort is VERY important. Wondering if there is any feedback in that arena.
If James said he won't do it, there is a reason for it.

Let's wait until the XPC owners have done a few days of riding in the wet. That's when I noticed that the suede Renazco (on my DR) started to stretch.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #20
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
If James said he won't do it, there is a reason for it.

Let's wait until the XPC owners have done a few days of riding in the wet. That's when I noticed that the suede Renazco (on my DR) started to stretch.
I did two days in the rain last month, first day I got (well the bike did) soaked. Seat is exactly the same now as when I got it.

XPC told me that they apply some sort of waterproofing to the suede seats.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #21
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
I did two days in the rain last month, first day I got (well the bike did) soaked. Seat is exactly the same now as when I got it.

XPC told me that they apply some sort of waterproofing to the suede seats.
Scott,

That's definitely good to hear. However I think I'll give you another few months before concluding that it won't stretch after a while.

Renazco does a waterproof liner under the suede. It still gets soaked pretty good, but doesn't take all that long to dry.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #22
Motoriley OP
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,650
Xpc

Saw some sort of plastic sticking out a tad on my XPC so I believe they put a water barrier as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Scott,

That's definitely good to hear. However I think I'll give you another few months before concluding that it won't stretch after a while.

Renazco does a waterproof liner under the suede. It still gets soaked pretty good, but doesn't take all that long to dry.
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
WERA456
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WERA456's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
Oddometer: 203
bringing this back to life: How is everyone likeing their XPC seat. I found a used one for a pretty good deal. Thinking about trying it out. Does it work well for long distance 1000 mile days?
Anyone have one that is "shorter" than stock. I am vertically challanged but have been able to make the stock seat work. Any taller could become problematic.
WERA456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #24
Motoriley OP
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,650
Xpc

Still liking mine. Done a few big days on it and it is light years ahead of stock. I big part of that I think is the suede. Sitting on plastic for 10 hours is just not that great! Buy it, they sell well used so you can always pass it on if it isn't your cup of tea. The suede starts to look a bit funky with wear but still works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456 View Post
bringing this back to life: How is everyone likeing their XPC seat. I found a used one for a pretty good deal. Thinking about trying it out. Does it work well for long distance 1000 mile days?
Anyone have one that is "shorter" than stock. I am vertically challanged but have been able to make the stock seat work. Any taller could become problematic.
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
ADVCanuck
Adventurer
 
ADVCanuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vic, BC
Oddometer: 55
Has levelling out the seat (so it's not as much as "saddle") helped with numb nuts? Mine were SOOO numb on my trip down to Washington/Oregon this summer!
__________________
Robin

"Wherever you go, there you are" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
ADVCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
Motoriley OP
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,650
Numb nuts

For me it was a big improvement. The stock seat was a real ball crusher. Now "they" are fine. The more of the dip they remove the taller the seat gets. I'm used to it now but it is tall and mine still has a little dip. You can see that here in my video.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCanuck View Post
Has levelling out the seat (so it's not as much as "saddle") helped with numb nuts? Mine were SOOO numb on my trip down to Washington/Oregon this summer!
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014