WRT Part 2

Enjoy

RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
sealsam
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,725
Good stuff Chris!

I watched both videos and it brought back some good memories of my first ride on the WRT last April. I was with 4 others, all led by Simbaboy, who has ridden the WRT so many times, he does it blindfolded, in the dark. Hi Simba

I remember the sand section, PT 1 5:45, being much more wicked, or it was just my slow old ass making it bigger than it really was. The section at 4:15 along the river, especially sticks in my mind, it was just a beautiful section, wall on left, river on right.

Those of us that have been lucky enough to experience the ride, won't forget it.

Thanks for posting Chris. Fantastic!

Southern California from a scooter;
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941261
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
RideFreak OP
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,858
Thanks for the kind words Sam, the WRT was a little tame compared to what we're used to riding but the scenery made up for it. Here's another great ride in the same area that I highly recommend. We did this on day 2.

Spring Canyon/Hey Joe Mine
Old 11-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
bomose
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,128
Looks a little more challenging than WRT for sure. Don't think I'll take my 990 down there. You bring back memories from my child hood with the Ventures music.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=955211Chasing Dinosaurs
bomose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
NWBoon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
More awesome RF videos! Thanks Chris, these were just what I needed for a cold Pacific Northwest weekend.
NWBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
RideFreak OP
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,858
Thanks guys!

We rode 2 days over on the east side in/near the Islands in the Sky region of Canyonlands. The afternoon of D2 we moved over to the Maze district on the west side. I'd ridden this area before and knew what to expect, remote, self rescue yada yada. We did keep the speeds a little below our normal dez pace, I don't feel like blowing $30K on a helo evac (that'd be after your buddy rode 75mi to get a cell signal)

The bikes had about 150mi range we did this side in 2 days also. The first ride took us out to the Dollhouse. This side was a little more to my liking, I wasn't passing allot of cyclists & support vans, definitely 4x4 country.

The first video takes us from the entrance near Hite Marina and heads north along the Orange Cliffs.

If you're an old guy like me this soundtrack should bring back some memories.